The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 281 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

I had a 2014 FZ09 and it was awesome. We rode together when I had it. The stock suspension is ****, but I put a Penske shock on and did a GP valving kit in the front to make it awesome. Still was cheaper than a Triumph Speed Triple S, and wasn't a Triumph

Apparently the 2017 has significantly improved suspension, I'll definitely want to test ride one on their demo day next year. I was thinking about a 1000cc SS but with the way insurance is right now, it just doesn't seem worth it to me. Besides, I've never really been disappointed in the power of the R6 :D

Dave, do you remember how insurance classifies the FZ/MT bikes? Sport touring or naked?

Back from the Dragon..
Another crazy road/driveway (11 minutes from moment leaving #28 to arriving at the house, including a magnificient view of 2 local pet goats).
Drive down had some crazy deluges, resulting in water splashing forward from the tires and over the roof of the truck.
Put about 2000km on the bikes - Jon destroyed brand new RS10's (no tread sipes left except on last 1/2" of tire edges), no accidents or incidents.
Dragon, Cherohala, Moonshiner 28 North and South (which was freshly repaved - no more despicable pavement), Canada Road as awesome as always. And of course, the Notorious PIG BBQ was as super-duper as always.
Went to Gatlinburg and had some of the worst BBQ ever. Lousy service, even worse food - at least they gave us a 20% discount to cover their embarrassment.

Drive home today was good - 14 hours all said and done. On the road at 5am, home at 6:55pm. About 1.25 hours of delay between traffic jams (and a helicopter parked on the I75 southbound in Dayton), Cincinatti and the border.

Everyone had an amazing time - no complaints!

Apparently the 2017 has significantly improved suspension, I'll definitely want to test ride one on their demo day next year. I was thinking about a 1000cc SS but with the way insurance is right now, it just doesn't seem worth it to me. Besides, I've never really been disappointed in the power of the R6 :D

Dave, do you remember how insurance classifies the FZ/MT bikes? Sport touring or naked?
No idea, but it cost me about $1000/yr with State Farm.

Tim's bike made the Killboy highlights! Funny though, I don't remember it being towed anywhere.....
a0332fa9ed1890fac9418e5d7a5d6a6a.jpg

It's how he makes it through the gap so quickly. The driver just forgot to pull over before the last turn so it could be unloaded first.

Nice, guys... nice.... ;-P

I followed that flat bed truck for about 15 corners before he used a pullover and let me past.

The wife has a meeting this evening. Anyone up for a ride?
I'll be leaving from Guelph around 6:00-6:30ish. Don't have a destination in mind yet....could either do a Paris run or the north way out to Orangeville.

hockey tonight

really Bip? Really?
Aw come one now...

For anyone that's interested in a fun rip on Saturday, come on out!

Time: Saturday Aug 11, 12:30, kickstands up 15 mins later (Have gas!)
Route/Duration: The Circuit, ~4 hours with food/drink afterwords!
Pace: Medium, spirited through twisties.

Back
Top Bottom