The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 262 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

Does anybody in KW need tires? Set of Q3's (not the new Q3S) 120/180. Used for 6 track days in green group. Lots of tread depth in the middle. Good for 5000km or more depending on your right wrist. $60.

Would they be good for more track days or just street?

Consider that Michelle no longer wants to use them for track days, so I wouldn't recommend it too much. The tires you got from her last year were fine for your first few track days but as you get quicker you won't want to use them.

Aren't you running the same tires from last year still? These are likely better than those...

Well the Blackbridge Harley Davidson night this past week was a bit of a bust if I'm being honest. Very poorly attended, with maybe 7-8 bikes. And despite advertising welcoming all types of bikes yours truly was the only one who showed up not on a Harley. Didn't have much of a fun atmosphere going for it sadly so I left pretty quickly.
On the other hand I went to the CVMG 45th Annual rally in Paris this weekend and was treated to spectacular display of machinery and just friendly banter. The ride down to Paris isn't all that bad either with nice soft curves and nice scenery.
I understand that Paris hosts a bike meet every other Tuesday, the next one being on June 27. I'm curious to check it out and I'd like to extend in invitation for any members here to join me. I'm thinking we could meet down at Hespeler in the Cambridge Hotel and Conference Centre parking lot at 6pm, then kickstands up at 6:15 down through Cambridge and into Paris for the BBQ and meet. I'm eager to meet some people to share this hobby with so if the details appeal I'd love the company. Ride safe!

Yu could also check out the bike nights at Royal Distributing in Guelph every Thursday night in June and July if you are looking to meet people. Always tones of bikes there!

Who would be interested in a (somewhat long) ride up to Hockley this Saturday? We'd probably leave around noon and have dinner on a patio in Elora when we get back around 5 or so.

Hey guys and gals. Can't seem to find many people to ride with in me so here's a shout out! Looking for intermediate to advanced riders to cruise with. I love twisties, wheelies, endos and long trips! I ride a Kawasaki Z750S I'm not a 299 rider. I will go a bit nuts from time to time just not into driving top speed on highways all the time. That being said I still travel faster then is posted. Looking for like minded riders to rip it up with. Mob rides around here? Looking for fellow Hooligans! Men and Women a like. No hate, no judgement. I will teach you to wheelie if you like. I can almost touch my knee in a corner of someone wants to teach me how to... I'm not too proud!

Rippin In The Kitchen.

P.S. I'm not a fan I'm large group rides... I love to ride in smaller groups with similar skill sets. I don't care what you ride or what you or your bike looks like as long as the 2 of you can safely keep up. I'm not out to loose my license but I do want to have fun!

P.P.S I work shift work and generally have a decent amount of vacation time. Afternoon rides during the week is when I get a ton of riding in. Roads to myself sometimes!

Last edited:
Sounds fun. I do the Forks of the Credit/Hockley a few times a month from Kitchener. I may be going Wednesday afternoon. If we don't go to the trailer this weekend I may join you!

Yu could also check out the bike nights at Royal Distributing in Guelph every Thursday night in June and July if you are looking to meet people. Always tones of bikes there!

Most eclectic mix of 2 wheel (and some 3) machines I have ever seen in one spot! Had to be 200+ bikes. My daughter wanted to go so I took her out. Wow cool meet up. Great group. So many people and bikes it was had to move around near the end. Way cool!

If you want to learn how to drag knee, join us at the track. If you haven't seen the thread already, most of the people here are on there as well:

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...Waterloo-area-c-u-next-trackday-riders-thread!

Hey guys and gals. Can't seem to find many people to ride with in me so here's a shout out! Looking for intermediate to advanced riders to cruise with. I love twisties, wheelies, endos and long trips! I ride a Kawasaki Z750S I'm not a 299 rider. I will go a bit nuts from time to time just not into driving top speed on highways all the time. That being said I still travel faster then is posted. Looking for like minded riders to rip it up with. Mob rides around here? Looking for fellow Hooligans! Men and Women a like. No hate, no judgement. I will teach you to wheelie if you like. I can almost touch my knee in a corner of someone wants to teach me how to... I'm not too proud!

Rippin In The Kitchen.

P.S. I'm not a fan I'm large group rides... I love to ride in smaller groups with similar skill sets. I don't care what you ride or what you or your bike looks like as long as the 2 of you can safely keep up. I'm not out to loose my license but I do want to have fun!

P.P.S I work shift work and generally have a decent amount of vacation time. Afternoon rides during the week is when I get a ton of riding in. Roads to myself sometimes!

Planning on going to SMP sunday, but we'll know on friday regarding the weather. If that doesn't pan out, yeah, something saturday could be fun

Who would be interested in a (somewhat long) ride up to Hockley this Saturday? We'd probably leave around noon and have dinner on a patio in Elora when we get back around 5 or so.

I would be interested in tagging along with something like this. I should maybe mention that I'm not a super aggressive rider. I like to open it up when I think it's safe and clear to do so, and I don't putt along at exactly the speed limit, but I don't ride in such a way that I'm blasting past most everybody else on the roads. So if you think I wouldn't hold up the ride I'd love to come along.

Last edited:
I just want to make something very clear. This is of course only applicable to rides I either post or lead; what you do on your own time is your business.

On “our” rides, we try to be as safe and responsible as we can while still having a blast. Does this mean opening up the bikes in some sections? Yes. Does it mean taking twisties fast sometimes? Yes. HOWEVER, and I speak on account of most riders on this thread, if there is ever a time you feel uncomfortable with the pace, please, please simply approach us directly and let us know. We will not be upset or annoyed, we want to make sure everyone feels comfortable and is having a good time.

As far as the idea of “holding up the ride” or “keeping up”, again I speak on account of nearly everyone here when I say it is of utmost importance to ride your own pace. Things go wrong when you are trying to keep up with the person in front of you if it means riding outside your comfort zone. The group will never leave you behind; we stop at intersections and make sure everyone is doing ok.

All that being said, we all absolutely love riding. It’s a matter of knowing the time and place for aggressive riding. Like Smergy said, quite a few of us ride track as well which is a great place to push your limits. A crash there means some scratched up fairings vs on the street which could be a lot nastier.

Look forward to meeting you guys on Saturday. Hopefully we have some excellent weather! :D

Yea, planning one out for Saturday. I'll post more details around Thursday but we'll meet around noon and go up to the River Road Circuit in Hockley. Its 16km of tight technical turns. Best roads in our area.

Anyone wanna buy some undersuit wear? I'm looking at buying a Psycleskins. They're made in Canada but got bought out by STG. They go for $60USD + shipping. The thing is, shipping costs the same if I buy 1 or 4 suits. If anyone is looking to buy one, I was thinking we could group buy and thus split the cost of shipping. Shipping is like 40$ so the more people that buy, the cheaper it will be.

Suit Link

[video=youtube;8f4Z-DhxTZ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f4Z-DhxTZ0[/video]

Back
Top Bottom