The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 221 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

Made it as far as my driveway...
To install my new exhaust and re-flash the ECU.
My new neighbours across the street shot me some dirty looks when I fired it up... hehehehe. :headbang:

Now to wait 3-4 weeks before riding... sigh...

You should buy my house. My neighbours are okay with bikes. LOL

Your house is great, and the garage is beyond fantastic... but, it's in the @ss end of nowhere for me.. and more than a wee bit out of my pocket book range... and I'm beyond happy I finished my mortgage a few months ago! WooHoo!!
That's the only reason I've managed to be a bit spendy on bike stuff recently. ;-)

+1 for one good rainfall (that's what I say since I'm in the office 5 days a week anyways) -- battery is charged, and the key is 10 feet from the bike on the other side of the wall.

Another fella on my street has a pipey Harley so no one notices me :)

Your house is great, and the garage is beyond fantastic... but, it's in the @ss end of nowhere for me.. and more than a wee bit out of my pocket book range... and I'm beyond happy I finished my mortgage a few months ago! WooHoo!!
That's the only reason I've managed to be a bit spendy on bike stuff recently. ;-)

Mortgage free means you can afford my house. LOL

Dropped the battery in yesterday to hear it purr... Batteries toast, off to royal for new one!

No it was throwing an error from my tender before storage. It was just wishful thinking that it might be working now.

New battery is in though and it started up right away first try! Now just an oil change, and a new chain whenever the mailman decides to make my day.

as soon as the wifes bike is licensed and ready for the road I'll take hers out in the salt. I mean test riding ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Everything is finally good to go! The roads/weather can improve any time now! *waits impatiently*

Put my ECU back in the bike after a reflash from Boosted Cycle in TX and went for a quick spin to test it out. Once I get back from Cuba on the 8th I hope it will be riding season.

Does anybody in this section use Bluetooth communicators? I use the Uclear HBC200 and it would be nice to be able pair up to some other riders in some future rides.

11006448_10153104792631291_3036258967846129755_n.jpg

Still too much ice in the backyard to attempt a rescue.

Put my ECU back in the bike after a reflash from Boosted Cycle in TX and went for a quick spin to test it out. Once I get back from Cuba on the 8th I hope it will be riding season.

Does anybody in this section use Bluetooth communicators? I use the Uclear HBC200 and it would be nice to be able pair up to some other riders in some future rides.

Brother and I just got a pair of Sena SMH-10's. Tried them out this past Friday when it hit 8 degrees and they are actually pretty great. No idea if those things use open protocols so multiple manufacturers sets work together. I'd guess probably not?

The roads weren't bad Friday. Bit of gravel at some of the corners as expected, otherwise clear. No real problems except it was a bit chilly, the gas was stale, and some ***-hat in a Highlander....

Up until a year ago or so there was no cross communication between brands. Now most vendors have released new Firmware allowing the intercoms to communicate with pretty much anything.

You'd think it would work with other devices if it works with a majority of bluetooth enabled cell phones.

The bluetooth to a phone is open, it'll pair with just about anything. It's the inter-headset communication that I'm unsure of. It uses something else, the range is too large for it to be BT.

Regardless, the manufacturers have released firmware for cross communication between brands.

Regardless, the manufacturers have released firmware for cross communication between brands.

But by bluetooth only, which has an effective range of about 20 feet.
You can only get extended contact range by using same brands together.

Back
Top Bottom