The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 206 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

Just chiming in to say hello. I'm in waterloo for the summer and will be getting getting my bike plated next week.

I've seen a lot of riders in the uptown area near the square. Nice no to know there is a community.

welcome to the forum, what are you riding?

For everyone riding this weekend, be sure to keep the speeds and antics well under control.
It's basically a long weekend, so the dreaded PoPo will be out in force.

Unfortunately I'll be confined to driving in cages this weekend, but thanks for the reminder, Tim.

Won't be riding either pretty sure my battery died.... Key doesn't turn on any electronics..

consider taking the racer5 stage 1 course, they will help you learn this, but in a controlled environment. Don't get me wrong, leaning is good, but if you really want to improve your riding skill, a course at the track will increase your skill faster and safely.

consider taking the racer5 stage 1 course, they will help you learn this, but in a controlled environment. Don't get me wrong, leaning is good, but if you really want to improve your riding skill, a course at the track will increase your skill faster and safely.
I need to look into this as well.

Yup, was going to try some leans on some of the tight turn by bingemans; it feels so awkward to slide right off the seat... I need more practice with that

You mean the tight ones closer to Wellington St? Watch it on those. They are often very dirty. You don't need "slide right off the seat", one cheek is plenty. haha...

+1

Guys With Bikes does entry level courses at TMP also.

like a drug habit... you start contemplating selling things to pay for track time.

like a drug habit... you start contemplating selling things to pay for track time.

Haha, most of my stuff is on Kijiji; saving money for that course :)
Just a question, when sliding off seat, should your weight be mostly forward, middle, or by rear of bike. (Reference wheels as axis)

depends, usually if I am coming into a corner hot, I'm hard on the brakes when I first get off the seat, and have my weight to the rear to keep the rear wheel down, just before tip in, neutral weight for the corner, then gradually lean over the tank as you get to full throttle to keep the front down. None of this is really needed for the street, neutral to slightly forward is fine. Everyone is different.

depends, usually if I am coming into a corner hot, I'm hard on the brakes when I first get off the seat, and have my weight to the rear to keep the rear wheel down, just before tip in, neutral weight for the corner, then gradually lean over the tank as you get to full throttle to keep the front down. None of this is really needed for the street, neutral to slightly forward is fine. Everyone is different.

Thanks, I'll try to keep it in mind :)

Back
Top Bottom