The Official Kijiji Translation Bible | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Kijiji Translation Bible

puttockc

Kijiji uses it's own special Language, This will aid you in searching for your next bike.

Mint Condition - I am upgrading from my 250 because I am the second coming of Lorenzo

Needs Some TLC- There is major engine work required

RARE bike - if you close your eyes you won't see another one, very rare

Lady Driven - NO maintenance performed or my girlfriend dropped it once while posing on the bike

Price is Firm - I needs to pay off my loan

Thousands in Upgrades - I replaced the chain and the tires

Low KM - I tell my friends I ride, but I do 5KM a year, to the gas pump and back to replace the stale gas, also the carbs as clogged

Perfect Beginner bike - I dropped it and anyone who's seen a bike before will notice the forks are bent

Parting it out - Crashed it, I don't pay for insurance because it's a liter bike and i'm 16, I need to pay for the lien

Head Turner - I used to think this paint would look good.-brown belt black shoes guy

Very reliable - it'll hit 100,000k soon and I haven't had the valves done since Bush was president.... Bush senior

Great on insurance - Old

Two stroke power! - Smokes more than snoop dog

--------

I have been looking for a new bike and am have some trouble finding any good buys between 1800 and 2400 that fit my preferences... found lots of the above though. I am looking for a sporty bike thats good on insurance, comfortable and has some decent power, Ninja 500 seems my only option. saw not nice cb600f and fz6r's for 3.5-4k though.

if anyone has a recommendation for a bike, 25 year old student, 80% city, some day trips for fun rides and some visiting family via 400 series highways. let me know, experienced advice always welcome.

Please add your own definitions!!!!

Last edited:
needs nothing to pass safety/will pass safety - fingers crossed

no low ballers - realizes paid too much and wants his money back

Don't really know what you're expecting at a $2400 max price point. For better or for worse the market for a nice decent bike of any size/type is higher then that. Get more cash or get over the imperfections.

To be fair, you should also include a Kijiji/Craigslist buyers guide on how to respond to ads:

1) Automatically offer 30% of whatever the price is listed, no matter how ridiculously low it is.
2) Always use e-mail, never call and speak in person. Ever.
3) In your e-mail, mention that you'll pay in CASH. Make sure CASH is capitalized, so the seller is not mistaken that you'll pay in Timbits.
4) Ask questions about the bike even though the answers are specifically detailed in the ad
5) Set a time and place to meet and don't show up.
6 If you do show up, conveniently bring 10% less money than what the agreed price was and apologize, saying, "Sorry brah, this is all I got. We good, brah?"
7) Ask to test ride the bike without a deposit even though the ad says, "No test rides without a deposit".

^^^
8 ) Test ride the bike, do a wheelie by the sellers house, get off the bike and say it didn't feel right and then leave (honestly happened to a friend..lol)

Don't really know what you're expecting at a $2400 max price point. For better or for worse the market for a nice decent bike of any size/type is higher then that. Get more cash or get over the imperfections.

I see a lot of decent SV's at the price but would rather not go that way without it being the model with the touring bars (one solid bar) which I haven't seen

DRZ are all asking high
hornets and fzr are pretty high also

Looking at these two:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/...ja/1009148688?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
and
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/oshawa-durham-region/1990-kawasaki-ninja-500r-ex500/1009521294?
enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

setting up appointments to see both

Kijiji uses it's own special Language, This will aid you in searching for your next bike.

Mint Condition - I am upgrading from my 250 because I am the second coming of Lorenzo

Needs Some TLC- There is major engine work required

RARE bike - if you close your eyes you won't see another one, very rare

Lady Driven - NO maintenance performed or my girlfriend dropped it once while posing on the bike

Price is Firm - I needs to pay off my loan

Thousands in Upgrades - I replaced the chain and the tires

Low KM - I tell my friends I ride, but I do 5KM a year, to the gas pump and back to replace the stale gas, also the carbs as clogged

Perfect Beginner bike - I dropped it and anyone who's seen a bike before will notice the forks are bent

Parting it out - Crashed it, I don't pay for insurance because it's a liter bike and i'm 16, I need to pay for the lien

Head Turner - I used to think this paint would look good.-brown belt black shoes guy

Very reliable - it'll hit 100,000k soon and I haven't had the valves done since Bush was president.... Bush senior

Great on insurance - Old

Two stroke power! - Smokes more than snoop dog

--------

I have been looking for a new bike and am have some trouble finding any good buys between 1800 and 2400 that fit my preferences... found lots of the above though. I am looking for a sporty bike thats good on insurance, comfortable and has some decent power, Ninja 500 seems my only option. saw not nice cb600f and fz6r's for 3.5-4k though.

if anyone has a recommendation for a bike, 25 year old student, 80% city, some day trips for fun rides and some visiting family via 400 series highways. let me know, experienced advice always welcome.

Please add your own definitions!!!!

Look in KW lots of ninjas, gs500's and stuff for that price. But remember even a decent condition 90's or 80'S can go for 1500-2000 if its in the right condition. You will might need to revise you expectations.

Look in KW lots of ninjas, gs500's and stuff for that price. But remember even a decent condition 90's or 80'S can go for 1500-2000 if its in the right condition. You will might need to revise you expectations.

kW?

needs nothing to pass safety/will pass safety - fingers crossed

no low ballers - realizes paid too much and wants his money back

Have you tried selling a motorcycle on Kijiji? Post at fair market value, people reply with absolutely retarded offers. I don't think it has anything to do with people "realizing" they paid too much.

Kitchener/ Waterloo a bit of a drive for you but better prices out this way

Right,

And my only vehicle left on the back of a truck. Anyone got an extra bike I can put on my insurance and ride for a month till I find something solid?

Agree to the asking price. Then show up pretending to have less

Price says firm but ask anyway what their LOWEST price is.

Too many upgrades to list - i bought it with a bunch of ****** and i have no idea whats stock, what isnt and what the purpose of these parts is, but im gonna pretend like i do anyways

Did anyone see the Kijiji purple pickup truck yesterday at / around Vaughan?

They had some young ladies in purple outfits (polo shirt and shorts) and were giving away promotional stuff.

To be fair, you should also include a Kijiji/Craigslist buyers guide on how to respond to ads:

1) Automatically offer 30% of whatever the price is listed, no matter how ridiculously low it is.
2) Always use e-mail, never call and speak in person. Ever.
3) In your e-mail, mention that you'll pay in CASH. Make sure CASH is capitalized, so the seller is not mistaken that you'll pay in Timbits.
4) Ask questions about the bike even though the answers are specifically detailed in the ad
5) Set a time and place to meet and don't show up.
6 If you do show up, conveniently bring 10% less money than what the agreed price was and apologize, saying, "Sorry brah, this is all I got. We good, brah?"
7) Ask to test ride the bike without a deposit even though the ad says, "No test rides without a deposit".

0) Always ask if the item is available. Even if the ad was posted 2 mins ago and clearly states in bold capitals "IF THIS AD IS UP IT's AVAILABLE!!"

"wife wants it gone" - it's not for sale
"testing the waters"/"feeler" - it's not for sale
"baby on the way" - see "wife wants it gone"
"moving, need it gone ASAP" - not really for sale and priced accordingly, i'm hoping no one buys it so my wife lets me find some way to keep it
"my baby" - price premium for my emotional loss
"needs nothing to safety" - I hope no one notices what it needs, or I would sell it saftied
"no time to ride" - neglected, seals are dried, tires are flat spotted, I made an impulse decision and regret it
"firm" - my price is too high, and don't understand that the value of an item is what someone is willing to pay for it
"too many parts to list" - not really, but you'll laugh at what I've done
"performance parts" - ebay levers and a fluid resevior sock that says "racing"
"never raced" - just like my track bike... it's never been in a race either
"professionally maintained" - I don't know the first thing about my bike, and you should cover my previous service costs

Last edited:
Needs TLC, Thousands in Local Currency

Rare bike, No one liked them when they were new and parts are rarer.

Some commonly mis-understood lingo I think all sellers should be clear on:

o.b.o. = "Or Best Offer". By definition, this means the price is flexible. Many sellers seem to think this only means if someone outbids you after making a deal they'll take the higher offer (ie, only if it works in their favour). Sellers need to understand that OBO also means potentially accepting a lower offer if it's the best (or only) offer on the table. They don't have to accept the offer but they shouldn't be offended by offers lower than asking price. I would avoid using OBO unless you are having a hard time selling the item.

"No lowballers" <> "FIRM". This means "don't send me an insulting offer substantially below asking price". This does not mean "firm" or "non-negotiable". Expect to receive starting offers below your asking price. Everything on kijiji is negotiable unless the ad states the price is firm. The problem with the word "lowball" is that the amount is subjective and depends on a number of factors. Not everyone will agree on what a lowball amount is so don't take things too personally.

FIRM. Learn to use this word if that's what you really mean. Otherwise, expect people to try to negotiate with you. That's the nature of classifieds. Also, make sure your price tags are consistent... I`ve seen ads stating price is firm and yet have different amounts in the title vs body of the ad. In some cases they`ll even have identical ads posted at different prices, both of which are firm. Doesn`t make sense.

Back
Top Bottom