The Motorcycle Show -Feb 20 21 22 | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Motorcycle Show -Feb 20 21 22

I thought the Scrambler looked and felt cheap as hell, not worthy of the Duc badge. All the seats were already damaged from people sitting on them.

KTM's RC390 looks like a homerun at $6k. All sorts of clever little touches, like that padded tail that doubles as a passenger seat.

KTM's RC390 looks like a homerun at $6k. All sorts of clever little touches, like that padded tail that doubles as a passenger seat.

Agree. 12Months ago Id be buying one of those for sure. I thought that it looked like a much better option than its 300cc competition. I thought that it looked awesome - better than I expected, and I had high expectations.

I stumbled accross this show cause I was taking my kid to the Marlies games, but wow was I glad I went, lots of great new stuff to see worth the $18 admission IMO.

Kawasaki and Harley had the best displays IMO. The new GSX-R looks sic too.

+1

Looooove the blue Gixxers. New livery reminds me of the bikes I was drooling over as a pimply teenager.

I just priced the insurance on a 600. Don't tell my mom.
My only complaint is they're exactly the same since 2011. Love the new color and all but not a thing changed. Figured with the return to motogp they'd have done something.

I thought the Scrambler looked and felt cheap as hell, not worthy of the Duc badge. All the seats were already damaged from people sitting on them.

I was dead set on buying an RC390 but after seeing one in person I was somewhat disappointed. The seat and handlebar grips felt super cheap. My guess is that it's to keep the bike as light as possible. The Duke 390 seat was wider and much more comfortable. I am now torn between the RC390 and CBR500 :/

I thought the KTM was really well put together for a $6k bike.

CBR500 looks like a fine bike but IMO sport fairing + upright position is a strange combo.

I'd look at the CB500F if I wanted to buy a new bike in that price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was dead set on buying an RC390 but after seeing one in person I was somewhat disappointed. The seat and handlebar grips felt super cheap. My guess is that it's to keep the bike as light as possible. The Duke 390 seat was wider and much more comfortable. I am now torn between the RC390 and CBR500 :/

No R3? That was another impressive looking bike - although no ABS in this day and age ...

I was super impressed with both of the 390 KTMs.
I spent most of the afternoon bench racing and shooting the breeze with fellow SOAR racers....oh and signing up for flattrack school!

No R3? That was another impressive looking bike - although no ABS in this day and age ...

R3 was there, took a video of it.

Not worth sharing so much.

As for the honda cb500s, 500x is upright, 500f, less upright, 500r lesser upgright.

I'm coming off a 250 so ideally I wanted the next bike to be a step up. I'd look into the Scrambler as well but it's out of my budget...

Had a CBR250R, when the 500 came out i thought "twice the fun!".. Didn't like it at all. i thought my 250 was a lot more fun to ride. The 500 honda was just very bland.
And efore you dismiss my opinion, I have been riding for 32 years, including a lot of time on a race track. To me if i was looking for lightweight action, RC390, R3 or Ninja 300....

Had a CBR250R, when the 500 came out i thought "twice the fun!".. Didn't like it at all. i thought my 250 was a lot more fun to ride. The 500 honda was just very bland.
And efore you dismiss my opinion, I have been riding for 32 years, including a lot of time on a race track. To me if i was looking for lightweight action, RC390, R3 or Ninja 300....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9e2bYbodu8

That should help answer the question :)

Anyone notice if MV Rivale is there?

Just as a heads up, I know Sturgess Cycle has a 2014 black demo with low kilometers still at their shop. There is that promo with $2000 off or 2 years of free scheduled maintenance as well that sweetens the deal up a whole bunch.

Just as a heads up, I know Sturgess Cycle has a 2014 black demo with low kilometers still at their shop. There is that promo with $2000 off or 2 years of free scheduled maintenance as well that sweetens the deal up a whole bunch.

Thank you!

headlights look fugly on the the KTM imo... it does not look as aerodynamic as it could be.
The rest of the bike looks good.

How can they put out crappy brakes? They had the luxury for a decade to compare the Kawi and Honda brakes.
luckily that's a cheap upgrade.

I'm coming off a 250 so ideally I wanted the next bike to be a step up. I'd look into the Scrambler as well but it's out of my budget...

So what bike are u planning to get next upgrading from a 250cc? The 300 way since people are saying the R3 is a nice bike or the 600 route

Who won the Bonneville draw?

Sent from Z10 on Tapatalk

So what bike are u planning to get next upgrading from a 250cc? The 300 way since people are saying the R3 is a nice bike or the 600 route

Probably the RC390 for a few seasons before stepping up to something bigger. The R3 was pretty sweet too but not something that I'd be excited to get. Never been big on the SS route but the GSXR600 felt pretty comfortable when I sat on it. In any case, I'm waiting till 2016, at which point I'll be 25 and have my full M along with the funds to comfortably afford a car and bike without having insurance bend me over once a month...

Probably the RC390 for a few seasons before stepping up to something bigger. The R3 was pretty sweet too but not something that I'd be excited to get. Never been big on the SS route but the GSXR600 felt pretty comfortable when I sat on it. In any case, I'm waiting till 2016, at which point I'll be 25 and have my full M along with the funds to comfortably afford a car and bike without having insurance bend me over once a month...
out of all the 600cc SS class bikes at the show i looked at, by far the Ninja 636 was my favorite. i almost stold my CBR last year to buy the 2014 model, and the new Metallic Matte Carbon grey looks amazing.
considering im half looking at liter bikes i cant wait to demo the zx10r

Back
Top Bottom