The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 60 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

[video=youtube;tV-uKQ4S46w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV-uKQ4S46w&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I suspect this would get rated 50/50 by the insurance companies. Regardless of the passing driver being an a55

That's a tough one. I would think the black car would be 100 at fault since the markings for the turn lane were where the camera car had begun to enter but I do see you point since the camera car should have made sure everything was clear even though it is expected to be clear because of the markings.

Yes and no. The correct thing to do, is to proceed through the light and take a slightly different route to your destination. If you missed a turn, then you missed a turn. Doing something unpredictable, is not the better way to get there safely.

Well there's the whole "driving not on roadway" thing, which might or might not past muster in court, but ultimately he should have waited until the vehicle THAT WAS LEGALLY IN THE LANE had passed.
You guys are explaining what was illegal, but we all do illegal stuff. That's not the point of this thread is it, to complain about other people's illegal actions? The question is what did he do that was stupid or dangerous. I don't see it. Just a mistake with a shortcut but safe solution.

You guys are explaining what was illegal, but we all do illegal stuff. That's not the point of this thread is it, to complain about other people's illegal actions? The question is what did he do that was stupid or dangerous. I don't see it. Just a mistake with a shortcut but safe solution.

Doing the unexpected and/or illegal thing is generally dangerous, to at least some degree.

Rather, I was explaining what a good driver would do in the same situation.
Many people don't realize that they're a bad driver, until there's an accident.

I think most people like the left lane because left lane = fast lane in the average drivers mind. I have noticed a high amount of people will sit in the left or middle lane regardless of speed and those around them...too many times I have passed people who are in the left hand lane while I am in the right averaging 110km/h and feel no need or desire to move at all. Just like how on any hwy at rush times, the left is the slowest and most congested lane...I personally do not understand it at all.

I think it's more that people feel that they can pay less attention, because merging traffic is only coming from the right. All other lanes have traffic merging from either side.

One thing I noticed is that you make comments in regards to people driving in the left lane regardless of the current situation whether it be highway, city streets, starting up from a red light, or complete gridlock.

Traffic isn't only created by left-lane hogs (though it does contribute), it is caused by people making unnecessary, and mostly unsafe lane changes.

Just the other day in the 400 South construction mess, I had a lady 3 lanes to the left cut through all 3 lanes of traffic, completely stopped half way into my lane in front of me because she wasn't sure if she could go (she was already in the lane), and continue cutting 3 lanes to the right to a closing on-ramp/merge lane, to bypass a bit of traffic. I eventually passed her 3 mins later staying in my own lane all the way down to Black Creek. She effectively stopped every lane of traffic to pull her maneuver which is a bigger issue than being in the left lane in heavy traffic.

Was stupid enough for me to save that dashcam clip out of the many things that happen because there was literally an accident every morning commute Mon-Thurs last week on the 400S between Finch and 401E/W/blackcreek in the same section and this is a major contributing factor.

Yes, your comments do have some merit especially in free-flowing highway traffic, but the biggest issue isn't because the driver is in the left lane.

Some traffic is created by sheer volume, and some is created by poor lane choice. Not necessarily the left lane. People swerving through the traffic, is a symptom of others making poor choices. When I learned to drive, the first thing we were taught was to keep right except to pass. The second thing was to look far ahead and anticipate what would happen. From the sounds of it the woman you are talking about, might have been one of those who swerve across all lanes to the leftmost, when entering a highway, and then swerving all the way back to exit. I'm not saying that people who swerve through traffic, aren't bad drivers, and most of them know it, but that people who stay in the left lanes, don't realize that they're bad drivers. Recognition of your shortcoming, is the first step to overcoming it.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner. 1162 posts regarding retarded drivers and you have posted the best one yet.

Edit:
This has made the news and Yrp are looking for driver. This was a school zone

Looks like the car and owner have been found. Police searching for driver..

http://www.cp24.com/news/police-search-for-wrong-way-driver-caught-on-camera-in-markham-1.2887562

York Regional Police say they have identified the car caught on dashboard camera last month darting through a Markham intersection in the oncoming lane of traffic.On Apr. 18 between noon and 1 p.m., a beige Toyota Corolla was seen speeding eastbound on 16th Avenue, east of Markham Road, in front of Saint Brother Andre Catholic High School.
Police say the vehicle allegedly sped through a red light and into the oncoming lanes of traffic, coming dangerously close to two cars that were stopped nearby.

They’re looking to identify who was driving the vehicle on Apr. 18 between noon and 1 p.m.After releasing the dashcam footage, police now say they have found the vehicle and identified its owner.

Anyone with information that could identify the driver is asked to call police at 1-866-876-5423, ext. 7523, or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).

Last edited:
It might be as simple as pulling the cell phone record for the owner and matching it to the cell towers nearest to the route taken by the car in the video ;)

Been following the Tim Bosna case/trial. Its been pretty interesting what information they can get from cell towers when they need to.

It might be as simple as pulling the cell phone record for the owner and matching it to the cell towers nearest to the route taken by the car in the video ;)

I always leave my unlocked cellphone and keys in the car officer. I know it's dumb, but I can't be bothered carrying them around with me. I am just thankful that whoever the person was that took my car brought it back. I didn't even realize it was missing. I have learned my lesson and I won't leave my car like that anymore.

In the absence of a clear picture of the driver, it may be enough to win.

I always leave my unlocked cellphone and keys in the car officer. I know it's dumb, but I can't be bothered carrying them around with me. I am just thankful that whoever the person was that took my car brought it back. I didn't even realize it was missing. I have learned my lesson and I won't leave my car like that anymore.

Who knows, I wonder if the car was involved in another crime elsewhere and was on the "getaway"

Who knows, I wonder if the car was involved in another crime elsewhere and was on the "getaway"
I'm gonna say that is negated by the fact that it is a Corolla. Notorious for having bad drivers. There's even a Twitter account dedicated to it.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

[video=youtube;tV-uKQ4S46w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV-uKQ4S46w&feature=youtu.be[/video]
That one looks to be on both drivers.

If the person with the camera, could see the tailgating,
then they knew the other person was going to try and change lanes,
so attempting to force them out of the lane, is not in good character.

It would have been just as easy to slow down and let the guy in,
since you want his lane anyways, if you're getting off at Kennedy.

If you're only halfway in the lane and in someone's blind spot,
than you should expect that they can't see you.

"Reasonable doubt" is not just any doubt ;)

If the person with the camera, could see the tailgating,
then they knew the other person was going to try and change lanes,
so attempting to force them out of the lane, is not in good character.

It would have been just as easy to slow down and let the guy in,
since you want his lane anyways, if you're getting off at Kennedy.

If you're only halfway in the lane and in someone's blind spot,
than you should expect that they can't see you.

I was thinking the same thing, like if the guy with the camera couldn't anticipate that common scenario then he is just as bad of a driver.

[video=youtube;9e263jrMCHk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e263jrMCHk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

[video=youtube;1FinYzgz-mc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FinYzgz-mc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I was thinking the same thing here, like if the guy with the camera couldn't anticipate that common scenario then he is just as bad of a driver.

Thinking much the same here as well. Merging into a lane to the right and then having someone merge into the same lane from the left is a common occurrence on large multi-lane highways. Camera person was in better position to see this potential issue unfold and could have backed off a bit to make it a non event.

This said, there is no doubt that GTA drivers seems to be some of the worse around and it is not getting better, it's continuing to deteriorate. I really don't like driving in the broader GTA area and avoid it when I can. When on the road, on the bike or in my car, I find the further you get from the GTA the frequency of tailgating, aggressive driving, distracted driving, weaving in and out of lanes, not using signals etc....... seems to diminish.

Back
Top Bottom