The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 31 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

f0dx02.png

My days are just fine. What I wonder about is the sense of entitlement by drivers, coupled with the lack of proper enforcement of anything but speed limits by police.

The sense of entitlement is merely the current general state of our culture and society. :(

As for where the cops come in you should sign-up for a ride-along with a service and ask all the questions you can. Enforcement is definitely going to vary from Peel, to York, to OPP, to Toronto (for example), and though I definitely understand your sentiment about a seemingly 'speed-only' enforcement approach it's also routine that wherever a cop is everyone is driving wonderfully.

The sense of entitlement is merely the current general state of our culture and society. :(

As for where the cops come in you should sign-up for a ride-along with a service and ask all the questions you can. Enforcement is definitely going to vary from Peel, to York, to OPP, to Toronto (for example), and though I definitely understand your sentiment about a seemingly 'speed-only' enforcement approach it's also routine that wherever a cop is everyone is driving wonderfully.

Thanks, but I've seen far too many examples in which someone did something patently illegal right in front of a cop and it was ignored, for me to buy that. I also have family members who have been in law enforcement ;)

The problem is that there are those who are self-entitled and the rest are self-righteous and self-entitled.

"If you'd all just learn to drive, you could be like me", but then I start noticing mistakes that the video provider forgot to edit out, and it all collapses upon itself in a pile of ...

I'm sure that the Police mostly have better things to do than traffic enforcement,

and trying to keep the speeds down, at least attempts to decrease the seriousness of injuries.

People should take pride in their driving and better themselves by taking courses.
You shouldn't need a cop looking over your shoulder to improve your driving.

[video=youtube;ShPnAbfabdI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShPnAbfabdI[/video]

[video=youtube;ShPnAbfabdI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShPnAbfabdI[/video]

That guy was traveling down the wrong side of the road and didn't stop at the sign.

I know it's foolish to just run into the middle of an active intersection, but isn't it illegal as well?

Majority of handicapped parking permits I see downtown adorn the dashes of brand new high-end vehicles like that of Mr. Range Doucher. I believe I've mentioned that Lambo on King St that had one. Fabulous car for someone with a physical or mental ailment.

there's a lot of handicapped ppl that need close parking so they can walk around the mall for a few hours. That extra bit of steps can really shorten their shopping sprees.

Last edited:
That guy was traveling down the wrong side of the road and didn't stop at the sign.

I know it's foolish to just run into the middle of an active intersection, but isn't it illegal as well?

Most things that are patently stupid are also illegal, because we must protect the stupid from themselves. There's a sidewalk so yes, it's illegal. And stupid.

Why am I hearing Dustin Hoffman's voice in my head?

As a person who runs outdoors, I hate when people are on the street. If there's no sidewalk, I understand. But if you're running on the street because you don't want to step on the cracks in the sidewalk or else you'll break your mother's back -- you should expect what may come to you.

All it takes is one distracted or inattentive driver and you won't be running for much longer.

Oh and same rules apply for when you're riding/running -- the right of way goes to whoever is bigger. I make sure when I'm crossing an intersection during a run I make eye contact with the person and if no eye contact is made I don't push my luck just because I've got the right of way.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;0-NFQ3Z2Zk8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-NFQ3Z2Zk8[/video]

As a person who runs outdoors, I hate when people are on the street. If there's no sidewalk, I understand. But if you're running on the street because you don't want to step on the cracks in the sidewalk or else you'll break your mother's back -- you should expect what may come to you.

All it takes is one distracted or inattentive driver and you won't be running for much longer.

Oh and same rules apply for when you're riding/running -- the right of way goes to whoever is bigger. I make sure when I'm crossing an intersection during a run I make eye contact with the person and if no eye contact is made I don't push my luck just because I've got the right of way.

Thank you, I have always wondered why people run on the road when there is a perfectly good sidewalk meant for that. Get winter with the conditions on most sidewalks but never understood during the rest of the year. Are sidewalk cracks that much of a problem?

some people just like being the centre of attention, like the jogger in the video.

Thank you, I have always wondered why people run on the road when there is a perfectly good sidewalk meant for that. Get winter with the conditions on most sidewalks but never understood during the rest of the year. Are sidewalk cracks that much of a problem?

I would have thought that it was to prevent shin splints from running on the solid concrete sidewalks, the paved roads have a little more give to them.
Nevertheless, you're running in traffic which isn't the best idea, so you'd expect one to be very careful.
I've seen people here jogging on the right side of a one lane each way 80 kph highway, two or three abreast with traffic trying to pass them both ways, so Darwin is speaking to us.

Thanks, but I've seen far too many examples in which someone did something patently illegal right in front of a cop and it was ignored, for me to buy that. I also have family members who have been in law enforcement ;)

Should have asked the cop if..

A) - did they see what you saw? (cause maybe their focus was elsewhere)
or B) - if they did see it, were they on a call going somewhere?
or C) - some other reason (good or not)...

Of course you didn't. What specifically of my post are you 'not buying?' That traffic enforcement varies between services?

Back
Top Bottom