The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 112 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

Re: Honda CRV hits rider

Seems reasonable. Guy nearly gets wiped out and we heap criticism upon his very next move? I don't get it.

If someone were to take a turn on the inside and gets sandwiched against the curb, who would be the idiot? The person running the red light, or the person cutting the turn into the wrong lane? Keep in mind, the next person that could have entered on the inside lane likely wouldn't have thought the red light runner would have caused the car on the outside lane to cut in.

Had I read the admittance of "I was not focused after almost getting wiped out", I likely would not have said anything. Given the information I had, the video sent the message of "What an idiot! (Then proceeds to do something where the next vehicle would say the same to them).

More like it struck a nerve for me due to the number of people not being able to turn into their own lanes and almost getting hit a few times because of it (whether it be in a car or bike).

Maybe it was just me being annoying but I really feel when your that far away from the yellow light you should begin braking..
[video=youtube;kO41PH-d2AM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO41PH-d2AM[/video]

If someone were to take a turn on the inside and gets sandwiched against the curb, who would be the idiot? The person running the red light, or the person cutting the turn into the wrong lane? Keep in mind, the next person that could have entered on the inside lane likely wouldn't have thought the red light runner would have caused the car on the outside lane to cut in.

Had I read the admittance of "I was not focused after almost getting wiped out", I likely would not have said anything. Given the information I had, the video sent the message of "What an idiot! (Then proceeds to do something where the next vehicle would say the same to them).

More like it struck a nerve for me due to the number of people not being able to turn into their own lanes and almost getting hit a few times because of it (whether it be in a car or bike).

Was just a commentary on how easy it is to sit back and criticize from the calm comfort of home. Much like the miracle avoidance moves everyone loves to think they're capable of until they experience that natural 1/2 sec delay for themselves, in the moment, things are different. You'll be there some day; don't be so quick to judge is all I'm saying.

It's evident that you don't get it by your posts. One of the purposes of this thread is to learn from other people's mistakes. Guy nearly gets wiped out, and gets frazzled by it, then does something stupid himself. In this case, no harm done, either way. Lesson learned, is that when you're involved in a near miss, you need to try and maintain your concentration on getting yourself out of there safely. A short rest break in a safe spot would help. Bonus reason, is that if you're going to post videos of others mistakes and criticize them . . . do you get it now? (You'd best be ready for others to criticize your errors

Yeah, I've posted in the past regarding my impressions of people who partake in this doxxing ****... I get it. Jump on the interweb and make your sense of superiority known. lol...

If you ever took the time to digest the things I say, you'd see a common theme revolving around not being so judgmental. The world is full of imperfect human beings you must interact with on a daily basis, and that is not ever going to change.

Last edited:

Maybe it was just me being annoying but I really feel when your that far away from the yellow light you should begin braking..

Cyclist too.. haha. A collision still would've been your fault unfortunately. I personally don't move until I'm certain they're stopping. If I hold up cross traffic for a sec or two, so be it.

Oh the irony

Was just a commentary on how easy it is to sit back and criticize from the calm comfort of home. Much like the miracle avoidance moves everyone loves to think they're capable of until they experience that natural 1/2 sec delay for themselves, in the moment, things are different. You'll be there some day; don't be so quick to judge is all I'm saying.

Yeah, I've posted in the past regarding my impressions of people who partake in this doxxing ****... I get it. Jump on the interweb and make your sense of superiority known. lol...

If you ever took the time to digest the things I say, you'd see a common theme revolving around not being so judgmental. The world is full of imperfect human beings you must interact with on a daily basis, and that is not ever going to change.
What makes you think that I don't digest what you say? I do. The problem is that what you say is spurious at best. This whole thread is about judging others. Please note the title. Not to mention that you're pretty quick to judgement yourself.

[video=youtube;kO41PH-d2AM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO41PH-d2AM[/video]

Cyclist too.. haha. A collision still would've been your fault unfortunately. I personally don't move until I'm certain they're stopping. If I hold up cross traffic for a sec or two, so be it.

And three motorcycles that I saw . . . why did they move into the intersection before it was clear to do so? Also, why did he turn into the wrong lane?

Last edited:
Re: Oh the irony

And three motorcycles that I saw . . . why did they move into the intersection before it was clear to do so? Also, why did he turn into the wrong lane?

In many places if you don't move into the intersection on the green, you simply never get to go through the light.

Looked to me like the following rider cut in too close beside him so it was go a little wide, or risk contact.

In many places if you don't move into the intersection on the green, you simply never get to go through the light.

Looked to me like the following rider cut in too close beside him so it was go a little wide, or risk contact.

Yea the other motorcycle came too close beside me, decided to get into the other lane to avoid any possible contact seeing it was clear

And three motorcycles that I saw . . . why did they move into the intersection before it was clear to do so?

Nothing new here. Baggsy again doesn't know what he's talking about. LOL on the irony header. :rolleyes: Even the driver's handbook notes it is okay to move into an intersection on the green and wait. But there's a lot of ignorant people out there.

When you approach an intersection on a main road, and the intersection is blocked with traffic, stop before entering the intersection and wait until the traffic ahead moves on. This does not apply if you are turning left or right.
http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/driver/handbook/section2.4.1.shtml

Annnnnnd more here.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...intersection-to-wait-my-turn/article14205344/

Last edited:

I'd
Be
Livid
[video=youtube;ITIbZeA_Jns]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITIbZeA_Jns[/video]

Nothing new here. Baggsy again doesn't know what he's talking about. LOL on the irony header. :rolleyes: Even the driver's handbook notes it is okay to move into an intersection on the green and wait. But there's a lot of ignorant people out there. http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/driver/handbook/section2.4.1.shtml Annnnnnd more here. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...intersection-to-wait-my-turn/article14205344/
Sorry, I didn't realize that all three motorcycles were attached to one another. Anyways, the three tickets I obtained in my youth, for improper left turn, doing exactly as it stated, spoke a different story. Yes, you can enter the intersection. But that doesn't mean the next two or three or ten vehicles, should do the same, and you still have to make sure your way is clear. Don't forget the light is now green for the other direction. Oh and from your second article: "Correction: The original story incorrectly stated that there is a legal requirement for other cars to allow you to complete the turn if you're stuck in the middle of the intersection when the light changes."

Last edited:

[video=youtube;VVgpktfDrmk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVgpktfDrmk[/video]

[video=youtube;I_7SeZJMReo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_7SeZJMReo[/video]

Sorry, I didn't realize that all three motorcycles were attached to one another. Anyways, the three tickets I obtained in my youth, for improper left turn, doing exactly as it stated, spoke a different story. Yes, you can enter the intersection. But that doesn't mean the next two or three or ten vehicles, should do the same, and you still have to make sure your way is clear. Don't forget the light is now green for the other direction. Oh and from your second article: "Correction: The original story incorrectly stated that there is a legal requirement for other cars to allow you to complete the turn if you're stuck in the middle of the intersection when the light changes."

That correction is the kicker. People actually believe they have a God given right to turn just because they bulldozed their way into an intersection on a yellow, even when oncoming traffic has the green light. I routinely check my horn function by using it against these ******** most mornings. If any of these idiots did this in Europe they'd be creamed.

That correction is the kicker. People actually believe they have a God given right to turn just because they bulldozed their way into an intersection on a yellow, even when oncoming traffic has the green light. I routinely check my horn function by using it against these ******** most mornings. If any of these idiots did this in Europe they'd be creamed.

And the ones who enter the intersection on a green and are kept there by idiots who keep going straight through a cold yellow or even a red?

And the ones who enter the intersection on a green and are kept there by idiots who keep going straight through a cold yellow or even a red?

First vehicle is fine. Second is a moron. Third is an imbecile. Fourth, and subsequent are idiots. Unless there's an advanced green, and then everyone gets downgraded one spot. That's my assessment.

First guy in usually has time to get through, even if he can only begin to move on the red. Bicycles, and pedestrians can complicate the situation, as they may be crossing on the red as well.

Definitely a problem in the GTA, where people are increasingly aggressive, and relying on others to not hit them.

Edit:
Yes, I agree, the guy going straight through the yellow or red is an idiot.

But that doesn't mean that the others can't be wrong, to a lesser degree, as well.

Last edited:

What makes you think that I don't digest what you say? I do. The problem is that what you say is spurious at best. This whole thread is about judging others. Please note the title. Not to mention that you're pretty quick to judgement yourself.

That was judgment? I chuckled and said make sure you know they're going to stop. Quiet different from the usual "what an idiot; people suck; I'm so good I've never" blah blah blah... there is a distinct difference.

Oh and I didn't watch till the end, maybe all three were in the intersection already waiting to turn. Guess they should have just thrown her in reverse to get out of the intersection when the light went red? Maybe they shouldn't have been there.. who cares really.

Baggster spins so much it makes everyone dizzy. LOL. Hilarious pivot to account for the first statement. Even with that, you can slow the vid down and see the 2nd bike clearly stopped waiting in the intersection as the light turns red. I can't see any video evidence that the 3rd bike was in or out of the intersection (not that anyone else cared who has watched the video). LOL. Funny stab at masking your first interpretation. I hope it's that, otherwise you appear to have grade school level communication skills.

Last edited:

First vehicle is fine. Second is a moron. Third is an imbecile. Fourth, and subsequent are idiots. Unless there's an advanced green, and then everyone gets downgraded one spot. That's my assessment.

First guy in usually has time to get through, even if he can only begin to move on the red. Bicycles, and pedestrians can complicate the situation, as they may be crossing on the red as well.

Definitely a problem in the GTA, where people are increasingly aggressive, and relying on others to not hit them.

Edit:
Yes, I agree, the guy going straight through the yellow or red is an idiot.

But that doesn't mean that the others can't be wrong, to a lesser degree, as well.

Which was not the case in this incident.

Back
Top Bottom