The "Are you thinking of a new bike for 2024?" discussion thread. | Page 19 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The "Are you thinking of a new bike for 2024?" discussion thread.

If hes an experienced rider, I dont think height is a big issue, many shorter guys ride adv bikes all day

Maybe look at smaller monsters? They might be closer to the ground?
He started riding around five years ago. While I have mentioned to him that having both feet on the ground is not a must, he doesn't feel comfortable.

I think in the lowest setting, the Monster 1200 has a seat height of 785mm(30.9 in), which is good enough for him. Other smaller monsters seem to have a higher height example the 797's seat height is 805mm.

How about a Moto Guzzi V7 or V85TT?

The V7 is low enough I'd imagine, has the Italian vibe and sound and appears to be a sturdy, reliable low running cost bike. They're also not terribly expensive used.

Hmmmm........Maybe I want one!
I've not considered the Guzzi. I'll bring it to his attention. Thanks.

Comfort is so subjective. The only person who will be able to tell if a particular bike is comfortable or not is your dad.

Is there a Monster 1200 for sale in your dad's country that he can sit on? Even a current MY Monster might have the same ergos if he walks into a dealer and asks to sit on one.
Yeah, I think you're right. I'll suggest he search for some Monsters in Mexico so he has an idea. Thanks.

He started riding around five years ago. While I have mentioned to him that having both feet on the ground is not a must, he doesn't feel comfortable.

I think in the lowest setting, the Monster 1200 has a seat height of 785mm(30.9 in), which is good enough for him. Other smaller monsters seem to have a higher height example the 797's seat height is 805mm.

I've not considered the Guzzi. I'll bring it to his attention. Thanks.

Yeah, I think you're right. I'll suggest he search for some Monsters in Mexico so he has an idea. Thanks.
I can understand where he's coming from.

I wouldn't be comfortable if I couldn't put both feet on the ground to some degree either and I've been riding 43 years.

Gotta love Kawi. If they get it right they don't change for a long time (think KLR and Concourse)

I guess so long as they’re still selling and they still making a profit that works. But the Voyager is getting stale at 15 years of age without any changes or even refreshes aside from ABS becoming standard vs optional in 11/12, and new paint schemes.

Like I said, I’ve no idea why anyone would buy a new one at $$$ when there’s a ton of cream puff garage queens out there for $ instead. But I guess they must still be selling. 🤷‍♂️

Like I said, I’ve no idea why anyone would buy a new one at $$$ when there’s a ton of cream puff garage queens out there for $ instead. But I guess they must still be selling. 🤷‍♂️
Likely 'cause people compare the new ones at $21k to Harleys or Indian's equivalent at $10k more and say it's a no-brainer to buy the Kawi ... of course not knowing what we know about them.

Back
Top Bottom