Temp HOV + two wheels. Can someone confirm this? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Temp HOV + two wheels. Can someone confirm this?

Here, this should help.

baby-pacifier.jpg

Clap clap clap. Well argued! lol

Today was probably one of my quickest commutes home in a while. Definitely saved a good 5-10 minutes off my regular ~30min commute! PanAm HOV lanes: blessing in disguise

I zipped all the way down to my jobsite and all the way back home . Woo-hoo. There's nothing like being rewarded for riding a bike.

Holly f@ck, sorry for you caged guys but its amazing!
38 mins door2door Downtown-Aurora. :)
Strange bottleneck at 16th :) I dont know why :)

So is this the calm before the storm? did everyone take the damn day off today? Why was the 401 so empty and traffic everywhere so good?

On my phone which is not the best for forum browsing/searching and have not read the other threads, but will be commuting (riding solo every day) from Mississauga to Toronto at 5am coming in and 6pm heading home.
If I read this correctly, I can use the HOV lane on the Gardiner at any time while on my bike AND the QEW too? I'm riding in between Winston Churchill/QEW and Jameson/Gardiner. If I am allowed to use the QEW please let me know.

Last edited:
HOV lanes are only available when the roads fall under city of toronto ownership. Qew is provincial , so no to using the lanes. 5am to 11pm you can use the HOV lanes, Gardiner/dvp etc.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

HOV lanes are only available when the roads fall under city of toronto ownership. Qew is provincial , so no to using the lanes. 5am to 11pm you can use the HOV lanes, Gardiner/dvp etc.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

From 11pm to 5am everybody else can use it :)

Called 311, the supervisor said you could use it, but need 2 people on the motorcycle. .:toothy10:

Ontario website didn't update with the proper information this morning. I sent them a note and it was updated in the afternoon

answer is yes!!

Ontario website has details of in town HOV? Whatever, passed cops at the side of the DVP while on my bike. One had a cage pulled over with 2 ppl.

Holly f@ck, sorry for you caged guys but its amazing!
38 mins door2door Downtown-Aurora. :)
Strange bottleneck at 16th :) I dont know why :)

I feel exceptionally dumb. I didn't realize I could use the DVP hov so I got off at Shepard and used the don mills hov all the way past the DVP entrance again (the ramp was backed up and not moving) to pape, etc. Got in just over an hour from Aurora and was pleased with myself. :D

Wish it wasn't raining tomorrow... Or I'd use it. Will wait till Thursday. Love this.

Called 311, the supervisor said you could use it, but need 2 people on the motorcycle. .:toothy10:

Ontario website didn't update with the proper information this morning. I sent them a note and it was updated in the afternoon

answer is yes!!
Can you also ask them to update their site to include York Region? Motorcycles are also allowed on the Jane Street HOV lane.

The HOV sign on Jane Street includes a motorcycle symbol.

@311Toronto and @511Ontario have hired monkeys, operating their customer service. They have absolutely no idea what's going when it comes to rules, road closures or by-laws.

Last edited:
So is this the calm before the storm? did everyone take the damn day off today? Why was the 401 so empty and traffic everywhere so good?

Got on the WB 401 at Warden & got off at the Allen this morning. Fastest commute all year. My guess is the HOV lanes east of Warden are backing everything up, so even with the construction, far less traffic is getting thru to the 401 in the centre of the City.

Think I'll ride the 401 east & south on the DVP this afternoon. Hopefully the HOV lanes on the 427 & 401 west of the 427 will have the same effect going east.

Took 401 WB from Whites road to the DVP and then South to Eglinton.
401 was a lot worse than normal but I was on the express
DVP was a cluster**** from the 401 all the way until pass Yorkmills where the police car was parked, since everyone waited until way past the beginning of the HOV to move, the moment that cop car is not there, everyone will just continue on the HOV.

No thank you, I will stick to city streets from now on.

Got on the WB 401 at Warden & got off at the Allen this morning. Fastest commute all year. My guess is the HOV lanes east of Warden are backing everything up, so even with the construction, far less traffic is getting thru to the 401 in the centre of the City.

Think I'll ride the 401 east & south on the DVP this afternoon. Hopefully the HOV lanes on the 427 & 401 west of the 427 will have the same effect going east.

OMG pan am is hell on earth.

These HOV lanes shaved 10 mins from my commute each way. DVP southbound today was OK (around 9:45 today), a bit of a hiccup at York Mills where the HOV lane begins, otherwise the traffic was not worse than usual. From Don Mills on, it was pretty much empty. I guess a lot of people are working from home or taking time off.

Back
Top Bottom