TD Insurance rate hikes? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

TD Insurance rate hikes?

When was that and did you have a G license at the time.

My understanding is that if you haven't had a G for at least 5 years you are charged more.

No.

When was that and did you have a G license at the time.

My understanding is that if you haven't had a G for at least 5 years you are charged more.

Now you see why they dropped your rate so drastically without you even asking .... Don't settle for the 900$, you are still over paying ...

Same here i never had any problem with Primmum over the years, since TD took over 3years ago rates start going up so i have deceide to say "Adios" to them!!

Now you see why they dropped your rate so drastically without you even asking .... Don't settle for the 900$, you are still over paying ...

I'm actually waiting for a quote from State Farm right now

Punching in all my info (Used 2012 Kawi 250 , M2 since June 2013 + my personal info) into the TD quote system gets me a quote of $980.

5OzKEbE.png

Believe me I get that I'm over paying but I was getting worse quotes from others too before. Lets hope StateFarm gets me better.

Last edited:
I'm actually waiting for a quote from State Farm right now

Punching in all my info (Used 2012 Kawi 250 , M2 since June 2013 + my personal info) into the TD quote system gets me a quote of $980.

5OzKEbE.png

Believe me I get that I'm over paying but I was getting worse quotes from others too before. Lets hope StateFarm gets me better.
Call them anyways. I did after getting an online quote and it was cheaper when I talked to someone.

Call them anyways. I did after getting an online quote and it was cheaper when I talked to someone.

Gonna wait till I have the state farm one that way if it's lower I can call them and go "Hey dumb dumbs I have this quote from state farm that doesn't look like highway robbery, can we talk price a bit now?"

If I let my current insurance lapse before shopping around, will I get penalized?

I don't have the time just now to shop around. Thanks.

p.s. also with TD and rates went up $100+ on liability only 2007 kawi zzr600.

Gonna wait till I have the state farm one that way if it's lower I can call them and go "Hey dumb dumbs I have this quote from state farm that doesn't look like highway robbery, can we talk price a bit now?"

I have done that .. .they will gladly say "See you later."

Don't expect a lot of negotiation ... it is their way or highway ... loyalty and leverage are things of the past.

If I let my current insurance lapse before shopping around, will I get penalized?

I don't have the time just now to shop around. Thanks.

p.s. also with TD and rates went up $100+ on liability only 2007 kawi zzr600.

It doesn't just usually lapse ... it will renew automatically, unless you deliberately end it with a phone call or fax.

I'm with TD (Meloche Monnex) and my insurance went from 1258 to 1374 from 2014 to 2015.

FYI if you cancel TD (Meloche) after the automatic renewal, you get penalized.

If you cancel before the automatic renewal (to shop around) and then later apply to TD for a new policy
- the rates may not be the same, and
- (this is the biggie) you lose all your years of riding experience for the purposes of rate calculation.

that's why u always make sure u have insurance and no gap
not even a day

FYI if you cancel TD (Meloche) after the automatic renewal, you get penalized.

If you cancel before the automatic renewal (to shop around) and then later apply to TD for a new policy
- the rates may not be the same, and
- (this is the biggie) you lose all your years of riding experience for the purposes of rate calculation.

I thought some pretty reliable people stated here that companies can't penalize you for motorcycle insurance interruptions.

insurance companies do what they want
and they make up there own rules as they go
so learn to adapt
and always make sure ur covered (literally)

I thought some pretty reliable people stated here that companies can't penalize you for motorcycle insurance interruptions.

Back in 2012 was my first experience with TDMM a CBR125R full coverage for $627/year, the next year it went up to I believe $1008/year, so dropped them before renewal in 2013. I was planning to move up to a 99 R6 and WR426F, what they quoted me same year for R6 $2200 and WR426F $1600 (both rounded respectively) but this year went down to $1622 and $1034.

They told me that rates change daily and certain days are somewhat cheaper than others but holy balls that was a huge different between then and now. Additional information, I haven't ridden or been insured for motorcycle since 2013 and I doubt 2 years would've made that big of a difference especially when I got 2 tickets in my car (22km/h and 48km/h over limit) in late 2013.

Nothing happened to me when I dropped TD MM on my CBR250RA mid way through the year and switched to Aviva (through Dalton Timmis) on my CBR650F (traded in the 250). I would have stayed with TD MM, but they wanted $1900/year for the new bike (as it was a '650cc supersport racebike' to them), and got insurance for $1200/year elsewhere. Was paying TD month by month and actually got maybe $30 back from them when I cancelled.

Regarding price matching...they won't do it. It was funny when I cancelled as they kept saying can we do anything to keep you. I said well unless you come down $700 I'm not staying, and of course they wouldn't do that, so I bid them farewell.

Back
Top Bottom