Take some driving lessons, please | GTAMotorcycle.com

Take some driving lessons, please

Baggsy

Site Supporter
I came down to the GTA for the weekend, and the driving has deteriorated tremendously from the last time I was down.

People, please take some lessons and stop pretending that you are not part of the problem.

Amen to that brother, might add figuring out how to use the scraper end of the brush or what the lines in rear window are for. I have been cut off so many times in the last 2 weeks of driving to Richmond hill that every time I get out of the truck I have to check to see if some one has painted it "motorcycle".

True story bro: Girl at the grocery checkout chatted me up about the weather and road conditions. She indicated concern for the drive home. I said the parking lot is largely empty, why don't you practice a bit of car control? She did not take that as a rational suggestion judging by the giggled response.

the ship has sailed, sunk, dissolved
the horse has left the barn, barn burned down, horse died of old age

this is here to stay

After going to the bike show on Saturday I agree. People in that city can't drive. 60 max all the way from 410 and 401 to the bloody cne. One clown with his invincible suv was off a gardiner ramp pretty good so they had emergency vehicles there and a fire truck blocking entry to that off ramp. Of course mister entitled in his mercedes suv is there yelling and flipping off the ignorant fire fighter for not moving out of his way. Countless people rear ended by those who think they're the greatest drivers in the world for riding someones *** in a snow storm. Just makes those of us who can shake our heads and be happy we don't have to live in that hell hole.

I agree. I think the bar was set too low to begin with.

I used to oppose mandatory training (because most times, mandatory tasks become a government cash grab), but I am changing my mind. I say, starting 2015 let's do training a mandatory requirement for all new drivers, with minimum hours of classroom and car lessons on the road, street and highway.

From London not Toronto but I almost got hit by cop car (I was in my car) when a cop car switched into my lane his whole side and back half of car had snow on it.. Like WTF.

I used to oppose mandatory training (because most times, mandatory tasks become a government cash grab), but I am changing my mind. I say, starting 2015 let's do training a mandatory requirement for all new drivers, with minimum hours of classroom and car lessons on the road, street and highway.

I am in favour of any training/licensing strategy that cuts the amount of licensed drivers on the road by about, say, 20%

It will never happen. Too many votes are at risk. They just chalk everything up to collateral damage and hike insurance rates.

Days like yesterday and Saturday really test the limits of your patience as a competent, well equipped driver.
Everything to lose, not much to gain. Spent Saturday carving through ill-equipped drivers all day--just needed a lot of jazz music to keep the blood pressures in check. Just silly people with ill-conceived plans, not driving to conditions--especially once conditions were much improved! Also funny seeing cars on presumably all seasons, struggle on clear lanes when passing them in the often avoided, not so clear right lane/median.

Roads clear? Check. Let's still drive 20km/h below posted limits and in the left lane!!!111fcukeleven
On the good side: switched to my awd car on winter tires to autograph a few unplowed lots in the early and late pm. Something something about car control and understanding how the car will react under certain road conditions.. that was therapeutic.

Last edited:
How can we expect to have good drivers when they can't even handle a simple task like their headlights. I see at least 2 or 3 drivers every night on my way home with no tail lights on because they think that when their daytime running lights are on that their actual lighting system is on.

By no means do I exclude myself.

I try to take something every year.

This year, I'm learning to be a Motorcycle Instructor, so beware ;)

I've seen professional instructors that could drift etc. etc. on bikes and in cars, pull some of the most bone-headed moves in traffic, that one would wonder how they managed to obtain a beginner's permit.

I've still got a long ways to go, before I match my 80 year old father's ability,
and he's nowhere near the greatest example either.

This would make a lot of sense. Only problem is the ****** drivers are going out of the GTA (small Rural commuties MTO license office) to pass their license cause they would have no hope of passing it here.

How can we expect to have good drivers when they can't even handle a simple task like their headlights. I see at least 2 or 3 drivers every night on my way home with no tail lights on because they think that when their daytime running lights are on that their actual lighting system is on.

How about the ones that drive with their high beams on all the time cause they don't have any clue they are blinding everyone around them.

How about the ones that drive with their high beams on all the time cause they don't have any clue they are blinding everyone around them.

this^^^ grinds my gears. For some reason Toyota Corollas seem the most likely to drive around like this. Do they never look down at the dash and see the big blue light signal....

drivers licenses should only be considered if you have grown up wearing shoes and eating off a table, otherwise, control of mechanical devices should not be allowed into there hands.

this^^^ grinds my gears. For some reason Toyota Corollas seem the most likely to drive around like this. Do they never look down at the dash and see the big blue light signal....

Oh they are 100% aware that they are on, they just never drive outside of the city and have no idea what the high beams are actually for

You have to know what the blue light means, which in turn means reading your cars manual.

No, issue nowadays is that you're seen as a crazed maniac when you honk and flash the morons to tell them they are either blinding people or have no rear lights. You have to be seen as cool and civilized at all times not to be seen as having anger issues.

I dont know how many times ive pulled up next to the person, honked to tell them of no tail lights just to be blatantly ignored as they stare straight ahead.

This would make a lot of sense. Only problem is the ****** drivers are going out of the GTA (small Rural commuties MTO license office) to pass their license cause they would have no hope of passing it here.

I am not talking about the driving test itself. I am saying that all new drivers' should attend mandatory training before they get the "M" license. Something like 21 hours of classroom training (3 days) plus 42 hours (6 days) of in-car lessons.

This would be a provincial requirement, so there would be no way to avoid it - unless they want to get a Manitoba or Quebec drivers license instead.

Back
Top Bottom