Swarm of motorcyclezw spotted in gta | Page 12 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Swarm of motorcyclezw spotted in gta

Re: If you participated in this ride smarten up!!!!!

So in response to @kwtoxman's points about the actual data, which are quite valid, you suggest a sub forum consisting of articles posted by news outlets, which are written and published before any investigation is completed... Then you have the gull to question others about what they present? *tisk tisk*

In many cases those articles are published after investigation and after charges are laid. In other cases initial articles are followed up afterwards with updates that include police statements on their investigation results and charges, if any, laid.

The articles as a collective whole provide a reasonable barometer of what is happening with respect to rider fatalities out on the roads. Besides, you and others seem to have no problem relying on media articles about left-turn collisions to decry cagers for not paying attention. Why would you not also give similar weight to articles about other types of rider-involved collisions?

Read the heading under the GTAM banner.It says..."Toronto and Area Motorcycle Enthusiasts Online since 1999".That means we are enthusiastic about riding.GTAM is not about compiling a database of fatality reports of your choosing.Most people here are fully aware that motorcycling is a potentially fatal sport.If they don't like that fact,they leave.GTAM tries to pass on the bits of info that it takes to survive this sometimes dreadful world.
Entertainment is what GTAM is about.Please keep this in mind.

Read the heading under the GTAM banner.It says..."Toronto and Area Motorcycle Enthusiasts Online since 1999".That means we are enthusiastic about riding.GTAM is not about compiling a database of fatality reports of your choosing.Most people here are fully aware that motorcycling is a potentially fatal sport.If they don't like that fact,they leave.GTAM tries to pass on the bits of info that it takes to survive this sometimes dreadful world.
Entertainment is what GTAM is about.Please keep this in mind.

wonder what this dude is yappin' about lol

Welcome to GTAM.

Warning: Cruiser guys can have a rough ride around here. Harley guys, even more so. Buckle up and try not to take too much personally. :wink:

In many cases those articles are published after investigation and after charges are laid. In other cases initial articles are followed up afterwards with updates that include police statements on their investigation results and charges, if any, laid.

Followed up almost never, and seriously, "circumstances unknown at this time" and "possible charges pending" are the two most common terms I see. The rest is opinion put forth by your crack investigative journalist

The articles as a collective whole provide a reasonable barometer of what is happening with respect to rider fatalities out on the roads. Besides, you and others seem to have no problem relying on media articles about left-turn collisions to decry cagers for not paying attention. Why would you not also give similar weight to articles about other types of rider-involved collisions?

The most unreasonable response you've come up with thus far. Common man. As for the references to what I or others decry, I can say with certainty, it is you who is intent on being the loudest voice in the room. One person makes a comment, and anyone who disagrees with your sensationalist responses is painted with the same brush regardless of what they've actually said... I've already pointed this out to you in this thread.

If I was one to be so unreasonable as you I could point to 4 of the top 5 links in said sub form as I type this... Multi-vehicle collsions and by all accounts, not the riders fault.. oh and at least 2 left turners. Simple observational inference. Does that make it valid? Maybe I'll do a graph and draw a fancy trend line; that should do it.

See how use of a such subjective source can be construed to your hearts content. Ps I'd appreciate you not constantly attributing things to me baselessly. I think the only time I've touched the subject of left turns here was in regards to the waterdown missile, and only to say that drivers should be held to some level of responsibility for impeding ROW; to which I referenced 1 article about a TRIAL VERDICT which supported my point of view. When you find different from me, please do share

Last edited:

I can say with certainty, it is you who is intent on being the loudest voice in the room

look in a mirror, not to mention, one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter

If I was one to be so unreasonable as you I could point to 4 of the top 5 links in said sub form as I type this... Multi-vehicle collsions and by all accounts, not the riders fault.. oh and at least 2 left turners. Simple observational inference. Does that make it valid? Maybe I'll do a graph and draw a fancy trend line; that should do it.

Do it with ALL FATAL crashes starting with the first one this year. Maybe do some google searches for follow-up articles on some of those crashes. You might be surprised at what you find.

Last edited:

Do it with ALL FATAL crashes starting with the first one this year. Maybe do some google searches for follow-up articles on some of those crashes. You might be surprised at what you find.

You've clearly not understood how unreasonable/unhelpful that would be. You've also once again ignored the fact that I don't totally disagree with parts of what you're saying. I simply prefer to be less extreme in my views one way or the other. Try being less callous and intolerant and you may find more positive responses to your thoughts; this kingdom of the malcontent attitude should be left to the millennials.

As Wingboy said, we all know the dangers, and we're all here because of our enthusiasm for motorcycles; seriously, it'd be nice to see something positive from you on occasion.

As Wingboy said, we all know the dangers, and we're all here because of our enthusiasm for motorcycles; seriously, it'd be nice to see something positive from you on occasion.

Positive? I'm positive that motorcycle riding need not be nearly as dangerous as some deliberately choose to make it for themselves.

:rolleyes: nevermind

LMAO! I used to be one of those newspaper article writers. I can tell you they are far from being scientific at any newspaper because reporters don't have the time to double check facts. They merely forward a story and quote sources. A lot of what makes it into a newspaper comes through a FAX machine and reporters and editors sift through it. Every week I got a fax from the police (they appointed an officer to compile information) on what activity there was in their region. Police are not scientists, or statisticians, or medical experts. They do a cursory course in accident investigation.

The articles as a collective whole provide a reasonable barometer of what is happening with respect to rider fatalities out on the roads.

Noooooo. If you were to compile a group of peer reviewed studies (such as the Hurt Report) you could come to a conclusion about what causes motorcycle accidents. That's how helmet laws got passed, that's how seatbelt laws came about and...that's how it became common knowledge that cars turning into the path of a motorcycle are the most common collision for bikers. This isn't something that is up for discussion, it's an established scientific fact.

Besides, you and others seem to have no problem relying on media articles about left-turn collisions to decry cagers for not paying attention. Why would you not also give similar weight to articles about other types of rider-involved collisions?

If a media article were to source the Hurt study, or any of the other studies or verified statistics to talk about the conclusion that left turn accidents were the most common, that is okay because it's a thoroughly established fact. On the other hand, if an article simply quotes police statistics, which are not peer-reviewed studies and therefore have sustained no serious scrutiny, then that article must be dismissed. Often police and politicians have an agenda when releasing statistics to get more legislation passed, or to get budget money.

Find me a peer-reviewed study showing that motorcyclists are at fault in most accidents. That is what you are implying in your posts here. While admittedly in the Provincial statistics we as a group are at fault in a large number of single vehicle accidents, they are still not the majority of accidents, and there is no proof that in all of those accidents the rider was at fault. Spilled diesel fuel, slippery manhole covers, front tires blowing out, animals crossing roads, tank slappers, debris left on roads are all possible contributors even if speed is a factor. I have experienced all of them. It is simplistic to think the rider is automatically at fault in all of these situations without a peer reviewed scientific body of work to back up your claims. In other words, you're totally unbelievable.

You've clearly not understood how unreasonable/unhelpful that would be. You've also once again ignored the fact that I don't totally disagree with parts of what you're saying. I simply prefer to be less extreme in my views one way or the other. Try being less callous and intolerant and you may find more positive responses to your thoughts; this kingdom of the malcontent attitude should be left to the millennials.

As I read this post I lol'd. Griff2 has multiple years and a few thousand posts of an extreme and negative perspective on motorcycle riders. I was reminded of the definition of insanity, expecting a different outcome when doing the same thing over and over again.

Then I read this.
Positive? I'm positive that motorcycle riding need not be nearly as dangerous as some deliberately choose to make it for themselves.
Wow, this post was even better than I ever could have imagined.

Then I read this.
:rolleyes: nevermind
LOL.

I gotta capture this crazy extreme sociopathy for posterity. Take note Wingboy please.

Twas an olive branch who's time came so soon.. rip

Re: Swarm of motorcycles spotted in gta

A Canadian version of a miniture ROC. Rage against the machine!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Griffster on the D Lol .... been snooping the gtam halls for while and dude you are one sick puppy with all your dumbarse posts. You must have no one who loves or cares for you to be spending so much time here bashing a pastime that we all enjoy. Cannot comprehend what satisfaction you get from quoting crap about death and injuries regardless of causation.

Gotta say sure is nice to see you get smashed like the BUG that you are. Kwotoxman and Neilv is the medicine needed for this sick puppy.

OH and btw the " you have your head buried in the sand " spiel is getting old.

Last edited:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by kwtoxman

I'm amazed that such haters are allowed on GTAM as this place should be about motorcycle and riding enjoyment. You literally never ever ever have posted about you riding or anything related.

Makes one wonder.

not really

don't like what someone has to say then don't read it,

rider isn't interested in talking about "riding or anything related" here? big deal?!

some folks call that making a mountain outa a molehill,

haters? heh, comes with the territory, swarmers luv to pull that chain

As I read this post I lol'd. Griff2 has multiple years and a few thousand posts of an extreme and negative perspective on motorcycle riders. I was reminded of the definition of insanity, expecting a different outcome when doing the same thing over and over again.

What's the definition of doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same outcome? There should be a thorough investigation to determine which participant didn't enjoy crafting a crafty reply. Are people really so aggrieved by the fox in the henhouse or is that just a stance in order to continue the charade?

there's been comments in the multimedia section about these clowns . Well they definitely got the attention they were looking for.

http://www.cp24.com/mobile/news/swarm-of-motorcyclists-spotted-on-wild-ride-through-gta-1.3067779

police believe that one of the vehicles was eventually involved in a fiery crash at dundas street and cedarglen gate in mississauga.
No injured party was located, but police said they believe the driver abandoned the bike and rode off with one of the other motorcyclists.
Police are trying to identify the owner based on the charred remains of the motorcycle.
The group was last spotted heading east on highway 401 through durham region.

wtf!

Are people really so aggrieved by the fox in the henhouse or is that just a stance in order to continue the charade?

This place is for entertainment purposes after all.And without characters like Griff and Yodude etc etc,it would get pretty boring.As long as they follow the forum rules.they won't get banned again.Lol.

+1 Wingboy, I really enjoy coming here.

I've read all 12 pages.....and let me tell you, that was a lot of crying from Tim Hortons riders lol.
Ride didn't even look like it was crazy, media hyped it up.

Back
Top Bottom