Sunday July 2nd | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sunday July 2nd

Soulcatcher668

Wait...... What?
Site Supporter
Weather permitting, I am planning a ride for Sunday July 2nd.
We were talking about this at burger night so all slots are currently full.
@Wind Shear @monkeyfarm @High Flya @fmp @bigpoppa @Maniac

In my experience for rides like this, layers are your friend. The last time I did something like this, I started out at 10 degrees and ended at 30 degrees.

The plan, I use that term loosely.

Here is the route.

Route.jpg

400 kms round trip from the carpark meet.

8:00am departure from the carpark at King rd and 400
-It would be nice if everyone could be there just before 8 so we can have a brief discussion about the day and get started at 8.

Slab run up to Cold water. Stop at the gas station there, have a coffee if you want.

Big Chute rd with a stop at the Marine Railway just because it's so cool.
Finish Big Chute and head north on 400. We can decide if gas is required and stop at 38 if necessary.

Up to Lake Joseph Rd to Clear Lake rd to 141 into Rosseau for gas.

Take 632 all the way down to 118.

118 to 169 into Bala for gas.

Continue on to Southdown rd

Southdown rd out to 11.

Slab it back.

If anyone wants to add planned stops please feel free to make suggestions.

I have thought about inverting the route as Southdown rd is quite technical and might be better suited to earlier in the ride. That means Big Chute would be last which makes it much busier. Thoughts?

Edit- I have inverted the route so Southdown is first. We will see what the weather has to say.

Last edited:
Tack on an additional 2+ hours for me to get to/from King City. I'm going to need a more touring friendly ride for such a thing (or more time before and after for physical preparation and recovery). Sorry, I think I'm out.

What's the cheapest (purchase price and insurance) way to comfortable, reliable, 100hp+ touring (WITH cruise control)?

Tack on an additional 2+ hours for me to get to/from King City. I'm going to need a more touring friendly ride for such a thing (or more time before and after for physical preparation and recovery). Sorry, I think I'm out.

What's the cheapest (purchase price and insurance) way to comfortable, reliable, 100hp+ touring (WITH cruise control)?
A_Chrysler_minivan_inside_the_companys_headquarters_Chrysler_Archives_RESIZED_2.jpg
ENGINE SPECS - 2.2L 5MT (101 HP)
Displacement:2213 cm3
Power:75 KW @ 5200 RPM 102 HP @ 5200 RPM 101 BHP @ 5200 RPM
Torque:121 lb-ft @ 3200 RPM 164 Nm @ 3200 RPM
Fuel System:Carburetor

If windshear is out, can I join?

If you'd have suggested swapping rides, you could have been riding it 😉

Oh nice! Glad to be in, thanks! Any chance we can push a start by 1hr or I will be kicked out just for asking this?

hmm.....
Up to and including 2015, they're 5 sp gear boxes. Some prefer that, not me.
I'm not up to date with them, but mine ('19 6sp) has over 80 suspension settings, the seat has a couple and the bars have 3 or 4 settings. It's nearly impossible to not find a sweet spot.
(can't believe I'm giving props to yami.....it's my 1st one....ever)

That's 70% slaboo. Ever think of running east around Simcoe?

Back
Top Bottom