Suggestions for tailbone/lower back pain | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Suggestions for tailbone/lower back pain

For my back, I found that that the bike-specific ergonomics are the most important. I need to have my feet underneath me so I can support my back and have that arch in my lower back that's so important for posture.

When I first started riding, I rode cruisers, a Volusia 800 and a Nomad 1500. Neither really had forward controls, for cruisers they'd be considered mid-controls. I upgraded seats and added highway pegs thinking that "stretching my legs out" was the answer and it just wasn't.

I bought a DL650 after that bike and really haven't looked back. The adventure-touring ergonomics work best for me, allowing that UJM "sit up and beg" riding position.

That being said, a firm seat works for me better than a soft one. YMMV, but I like Sargent's products, for the most part. I also have a Bill Mayer on my FZ1, and it's worth the money, IMHO.

I need to keep my lower back strong and flexible, so the two best things for me are walking and yoga. From time to time I run, but never more than 5 kms, because the repetitive strain can add up and I have knee problems as well.

There are some good suggestions in these posts, but in the end back trouble is so individual that you're going to have to take the time to try out things to get to your magic formula...

Back
Top Bottom