Suggestions for NY/PA 1 week loop...in the cage. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Suggestions for NY/PA 1 week loop...in the cage.

PrivatePilot

Ironus Butticus
Site Supporter
Looking to potentially go camping with friends for a week this summer across NY and...probably PA? I'm planning to start out at Ganonoque, perhaps do Boldt Castle, and then head for Lake Placid. Spend a few nights there to see all the sights, including Whiteface Mountain.

Beyond that, I was thinking about heading back west again towards the Finger Lakes, or maybe the north side of PA, before crossing back at Niagara Falls again and heading home.

Timeline is about 9 days - 1 week vacation plus the weekends on both ends of it.

However, all past trips in these areas (beyond Lake Placid, have been there several times on the bikes) have been less focused on stopping to see interesting sights and tourist attractions, and more-so on finding good riding roads. This trip is different - the scenery and tourist attractions are the goal instead this time around.

Anyone have any ideas on worthy attractions in that broad swatch that are worth seeing that I could plan the trip around?

Mount Washington cog railway is cool. Could also run the Volt up and get the sticker to silence the haters. Corning glass museum is apparently cool. Vintage boat museum in Clayton NY is cool.

Austin damn site in PA. Nice camping spot with history. Admission by donation.

When we were planning a bike trip to NY I came across two "Grand Canyons" of the East. Letchworth State park is one. Ausable Chasm might be the other.

Ausable is on the list so far after Lake Placid.

Keep em coming everyone, thanks!

I don't like tourist type cities. But my wife talked me into visiting Gettysburg a few years ago. It was fascinating. We even did a tour bus type tour.

Kinzua and Letchworth are worth your time indeed....lots of great riding in that area. Great roads around Punxsutawney as well.

One of my things to do in Pennsylvania is the abandoned coal fire at Centralia, maybe combine it with a tour around the Pocono mountains.

One of my things to do in Pennsylvania is the abandoned coal fire at Centralia, maybe combine it with a tour around the Pocono mountains.
Yes I forgot this one. If you're lucky, like we were, you may actually see smoke coming out of the ground. You see smoke JV?

Back
Top Bottom