Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

I've sent a couple replies to some kijiji ads with outrageous prices for an old bike telling them how they're asking way too much. Most of them are dealers trying to get rid of a damaged bike.

In November i got myself a 03 R6 for 3100$. Not in the greatest shape bodywork-wise, but it was mechanically sound. Given the average prices I saw for a second gen R6, I felt I got a good deal.
Then as I peruse kijiji ads out of boredom at work, I see a dealer selling a second gen R6 for 3500$....post-accident. Oh and he wanted HST+licensing as well.
I made a list of all the parts I could see in the pictures that were wrecked/damaged and would need to be replaced, which was pretty much all the major components, and sent him an email saying how terrible of a price that is for his pile of broken parts. You would need to spend at least 2k just to make it a trackbike with no fairings.

All my time and effort was not satisfied though, as his reply was "you have too much time on your hands".

My contribution to this thread is probably this bike: http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-sport-bikes-1999-Yamaha-r6-W0QQAdIdZ437108153

First gen R6, potentially suffers from unofficial second gear issue.
Ugly as hell paint job.
Major cracks in some plastics.
Seat torn, possibly from laying it down?
I don't see windscreen bolts...
Who knows what else, terrible pictures.
4000$

Ya no thanks. Never in a million years.
It's as if people think they should get their full money back for mods like slip-ons, HIDs and custom paint jobs.
Sorry to say that custom paint jobs don't necessarily add value to a vehicle in my eyes. You painted it the way you like and it doesn't make the bike any better. In fact, if the paint shop didn't do it right, it can actually make it worse. Customization is not an investment.

i listed my 2002 r6 for 3000 and was willing to drop the price to 2500 for the final person to see it (plus i spent close to 1k changing the gear wheels to ensure no 2nd gear problems with reciepts to prove it)...but no one bought it and instead i got horrible low balls like 1500. i'm also certain the same guy bought a 1998 zx6r for 3200...doesn't make sense to me but hey to each their own

i've since fixed it up i'll post some before and after pictures eventually.

this thread makes me smile.. now I have to go find one of the many ads to post up here so I can do my part.

Back
Top Bottom