Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 254 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-touri...00/1339348571?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

"1988 Ex500 As is. 4290 km Bike has been sitting in heated storage for almost 30 years $1600"

$_59.JPG

Other than being a first gen ex500, that's not THAT crazy. Maybe a few hundred too high. What would it need? New tires, fluids, and maybe new pads with that? $1600-1800 all-in and it'd be a reasonable buy.

Other than being a first gen ex500, that's not THAT crazy. Maybe a few hundred too high. What would it need? New tires, fluids, and maybe new pads with that? $1600-1800 all-in and it'd be a reasonable buy.

Rusted tank fuel lines petcock Carbs need rebuild after 30 years sitting. All hoses, all bearings. Thermostats and nothing will come apart easy. 30 years never moving. Few others listed in the $400-$900 running. It is a big gamble and just to much $

Rusted tank fuel lines petcock Carbs need rebuild after 30 years sitting. All hoses, all bearings. Thermostats and nothing will come apart easy. 30 years never moving. Few others listed in the $400-$900 running. It is a big gamble and just to much $

Good points but you can see inside the tank and if it magically starts, then the carbs are good for the season. Only a gamble if you buy it blind. The seller would have to let you take a few things off to check, like the wheels and poke around underneath the tank to see hoses..

Good points but you can see inside the tank and if it magically starts, then the carbs are good for the season. Only a gamble if you buy it blind. The seller would have to let you take a few things off to check, like the wheels and poke around underneath the tank to see hoses..

Yes need to spend some time looking it over. To me that is a $500 bike only if the tank is clean.

It's been delisted, whatever that means

It's been delisted, whatever that means

Means it probably sold.

Someone handy will have that back on the road in no time flat. It clearly wasn't left out sitting in the elements or anything, and I don't think all the dire views of everything it *might* need are not likely what it *does* actually need.

why buy a 2018 400 when you can get an 06 for almost the same price!

I message the guy, price is lowered(although i still wouldnt pay that much for that bike)

Last edited:
Bloody hell. That's insanely pricey for a 12 year old 500. I bought my 2008 GS500 in 2011 for $3700 and it had 3200 km on it.

thats why it wont sell. Good deals dont last, ****** ones stick around forever.

How do you like the gs500 btw? FI or carbed?

thats why it wont sell. Good deals dont last, ****** ones stick around forever.

How do you like the gs500 btw? FI or carbed?

Good old carbs. The bike has been good to me, no complaints. I don't ever see myself getting rid of it. The only problems I've had with it are when I ****ed it up when I was wrenching on it and had no idea what I was doing. Some lessons learned the hard way, no doubt

glad you like it

There seem to be a lot of them on sale

Good old carbs. The bike has been good to me, no complaints. I don't ever see myself getting rid of it. The only problems I've had with it are when I ****ed it up when I was wrenching on it and had no idea what I was doing. Some lessons learned the hard way, no doubt

The good thing about the GS500 is that it is a fantastic bike to learn to work on - simple engine and everything is easy to get at. Maybe the carbs on the later ones are a little more complicated than they needed to be, but it's not a big deal

It's like everyone still thinks their calendar says 2010 and not 2018,and don't realize their bike is a decade old now....

I could not agree with this more

And when you do try to offer them something reasonable they get offended

Plus the lack of maintenance is very disturbing

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom