Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 193 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

DIY Dan Gurney Alligator?

100% totally serious talk. I won't pretend that I know a lot about HD or HD derived chassis/powertrains... I didn't know what the Alligator was either until just now. The Alligator looks like it makes sense - it achieves the low seat height by pushing the frame forward with a super long swing-arm. This custom looks like the swingarm pivots right under the seat... though it's a little hard to tell from the small pictures. Can you offer any insight into what we're looking at here? Would you suspect that I'm wrong, and that it is in fact similar to the Alligator?

that swingarm is by the looks of it an OEM early XB. The XB had a monoshock showa in the rear which ran upwards at approx 40 degrees to the frame. This thing looks like it likely retains the shock, but at a near horizontal angle, which to me, would comprimise its damping ability, though this thing doesn't look to be built for performance anyway. The alligator had a twin shock setup at a pretty standard angle from what I can see.

The pillion to rider seat height is pretty amazing. Makes the RC8 look reasonable

It's funny how 'he's the one who needs to be spared on the ridiculousness 'SMH on an 89 bike .. And there's a reason you don't see those 89''s anymore... Pretty sure being, 2016 is a major one.. Lol
Imo quite a nice looking bike, even today. Does not look dated at all. But $7k? C'mon now ?

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

Yep he thinks he's got an "investment" right there .... time to cash in for retirement, I guess. I bet you he bought it for a lot less, surely he will not tell us though ...

The used Ontario motorcycle market is unbelievably humorous. Must be the one at the top of the world ... LOL ... everything regarding motorcycles is upside down here ... not sure why.

Imo quite a nice looking bike, even today. Does not look dated at all. But $7k? C'mon now ?

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

Yeah.. 7k with 50k+ lol Cmonnn! Get real.. Maybe when my ninja goes from 20 000 Kms to 50 000kms instead of the 4k I spent,
it'll be worth 8k older with 30k mor3¿?

That seat is hideous.

Yeah that Corbin seat was an overpriced and ugly POS. Totally ruins the lines of the bike. The standard Hawk seat is already quite comfortable unless you weigh 250+ pounds. That's the least of this bikes problems. How can a bike with mismatched tank and bodywork colours be described as "mint"? I don't even think this guy has ridden the bike. They do not cruise comfortably at ANY speeds. In fact the motor vibrates like ****ing crazy on the highway and badly needs a 6th gear. It doesn't easily lift its nose either unless "easily" means revving the **** out of it and dumping the clutch. My friend got his for $3000 in way better shape a few years ago. Wouldn't may more than $1500 for this turd and I have a soft spot for old Hondas and a ton of trick parts I could throw on it.

Back
Top Bottom