Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 170 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

I chased a guy for about a week to look at a bike that's within walking distance of my house. One excuse after another, delays, cancellations. I finally gave up...he clearly doesn't actually want to sell it, or if he does, he's going to have a challenge on his hands.

Finally heard from the guy again, told me it's going to go to the highest bidder. I didn't bother letting him know that kijiji is not ebay.

Just wanted to vent....why do some people think that their bikes are worth top dollar, post pictures that are either 10 years old or stock pictures of someone else's' bike, assure you that you'll be super pleased with what you see, and then after driving an hour to see the bike, it turns out to be an unbelievable turd?

And I'm using the word turd lightly, at least you can polish a turd.

Asking $2500, during initial negotiation before I even came to look at the bike (the pics looked good!) said he will refuse anything less than $2000...and honestly, worth $750 as it sits, maybe $1000 if someone was willing to look past all it's issues, which were many, cosmetics being top of the list.

Sheesh.

The two most common mistakes when setting the price for your old motorcycle.
1. The new one I want will cost $5000 so I must get $2500 for the old one.
Buyers have no interest in your financial problems or plans. If the bike is actually worth $2500, why are you selling it?
2. When I look at my current bike I remember all the great rides and trips I took.
This was BEFORE the paint was chipped and it started leaking oil.

My hobby is restoring old bikes.
I have discovered the easiest way to do this is to find one in decent condition, then buy a piece of junk parts bike.
You won't believe the number of times the owner of the piece of junk wants more money than the owner of the decent one.

Last edited:
The two most common mistakes when setting the price for your old motorcycle.
1. The new one I want will cost $5000 so I must get $2500 for the old one.
Buyers have no interest in your financial problems or plans. If the bike is actually worth $2500, why are you selling it?
2. When I look at my current bike I remember all the great rides and trips I took.
This was BEFORE the paint was chipped and it started leaking oil.

My hobby is restoring old bikes.
I have discovered the easiest way to do this is to find one in decent condition, then buy a piece of junk parts bike.
You won't believe the number of times the owner of the piece of junk wants more money than the owner of the decent one.

What I really like is the quote " I was told the bikes worth $$ from the shop. So that's my firm price." Is the bikes really worth that they would buy it for a bit less and sell for a profit. I looked at this one yesterday. 1987 Radian. He used that line. I tried to explain the NEW tires and chain are really 4 plus years old and flat. Just because you didn't drive it does keep them new. Bike needs tires, battery, Fr pads and carbs cleaned. Very clean otherwise. Also forgets to mention in the ad. One owner who was afraid to ride in the rain and always garaged shop serviced. At $1000 not really over priced but a few 1999 SV650S for just a bit more $ and loads more support and fun.

Last edited:
What I really like is the quote " I was told the bikes worth $$ from the shop. So that's my firm price." Is the bikes really worth that they would buy it for a bit less and sell for a profit. I looked at this one yesterday. 1987 Radian. He used that line. I tried to explain the NEW tires and chain are really 4 plus years old and flat. Just because you didn't drive it does keep them new. Bike needs tires, battery, Fr pads and carbs cleaned. Very clean otherwise. Also forgets to mention in the ad. One owner who was afraid to ride in the rain and always garaged shop serviced. At $1000 not really over priced but a few 1999 SV650S for just a bit more $ and loads more support and fun.
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-motorcycle-other/oakville-halton-region/1987-yamaha-radian/1111611872

A $1000 bike does not belong in this thread unless it's on fire or was originally sold by Canadian Tire

And it's not a bad asking price for what is basically a brand new bike. He'll prolly take 10.

Yeah, that doesn't seem overpriced to me. $10K for a 2015 Z1000? yeah, that's pretty sweet actually.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/...ona/547192956?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

2000 GSXR600 for $8000 Spent $20 K on it.

$_35.JPG

Back
Top Bottom