Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 136 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

Good enough. Thanks for elaborating.

I wish the Triumph dealers could do end-of-year discounts like these.

When I bough my last 600 it was a 2012 model being purchased in 2013. They had the 2013 sitting there with it for msrp. Brampton powersports was selling them for 9499. If I was to get another new bike I'd always look around for "last years" model. They can be found cheap a lot of the time.

When I bough my last 600 it was a 2012 model being purchased in 2013. They had the 2013 sitting there with it for msrp. Brampton powersports was selling them for 9499. If I was to get another new bike I'd always look around for "last years" model. They can be found cheap a lot of the time.

Commonly referred to as "non current". Good way to save.

84mo × $150
= $12,600

That's Hyosung type money
Hyooooooo

duggan_hacksaw.jpg

Oh my god....

I just did the math and my heart skipped a beat.

That child will no doubt be born into a household full of debt.

Unreal. I'd imagine that the salesman shut down the dealership after closing that sale, and took everyone to Pure Gold for lap dances and lines off the strippers as.s

I seriously don't know what that guy is going to do. I wouldn't think anyone is stupid enough to take that offer. I mean, he did, but generally those guys walk into dealers and don't look for used bikes on kijiji.

I guess he could sell if for 3.5k and eat whatever is left of the 9100 remaining....

You have no idea hahah

Know a guy who went into a dealership and put down a deposit on a brand new 600ss. Msrp 12k, you could pick it up for 9-10 OTD. Tells me what it is monthly and i almost fainted. I ran the quick numbers and it was 20K and change after all was said and done...

Another guy i picked up my 1000rr from paid 25K and change for his bike, i bought it for a fraction of what he paid and the money i gave him for the bike he put towards the lien :lmao: 5 years of payments, no bike and still payments left

Same with my recent bike, i paid the guy less for a 4 year old bike then he had left on his loan. Same story again, 4 years of payments, no bike and still had to ADD money to pay off the loan after he sold it

You have no idea hahah

Know a guy who went into a dealership and put down a deposit on a brand new 600ss. Msrp 12k, you could pick it up for 9-10 OTD. Tells me what it is monthly and i almost fainted. I ran the quick numbers and it was 20K and change after all was said and done...

Another guy i picked up my 1000rr from paid 25K and change for his bike, i bought it for a fraction of what he paid and the money i gave him for the bike he put towards the lien :lmao: 5 years of payments, no bike and still payments left

Same with my recent bike, i paid the guy less for a 4 year old bike then he had left on his loan. Same story again, 4 years of payments, no bike and still had to ADD money to pay off the loan after he sold it
Oh I agree, there are definitely people stupid enough to take those offers. The problem this guy is going to have is none of them shop for used bikes on Kijiji. They walk into dealerships and say,

"$150 a month for the rest of my life? I can afford $150 a month. The novelty of this shiny new bike will surely never wear off. My priorities in 7 years time probably won't have changed either... I'll take it!"

You have no idea hahah

There's certainly no shortage of idiots in the world. I've bought 2 bikes new in my 25+ years of riding. My '89 RZ350 because I was young and stupid and had an awesome summer union job with Ontario Hydro and my '06 650 Vstrom because I was friends with the salesman and they had a crazy sale. Never finance a 'toy'.

Oh, and also they don't know how to use a god damn calculator! Or dont want to, because it would be a compelling reason to not get what they want, when they want it, while doing the least amount of work possible.

Oh I agree, there are definitely people stupid enough to take those offers. The problem this guy is going to have is none of them shop for used bikes on Kijiji. They walk into dealerships and say,

"$150 a month for the rest of my life? I can afford $150 a month. The novelty of this shiny new bike will surely never wear off. My priorities in 7 years time probably won't have changed either... I'll take it!"

Good point

I'd love to meet this guy just for a 5 minute conversation :lmao:

Good point

I'd love to meet this guy just for a 5 minute conversation :lmao:

He probably wants small monthly payments so he can save for house downpayment. I think it's sneaky clever.

He probably wants small monthly payments so he can save for house downpayment. I think it's sneaky clever.
As ridiculous as it sounds, he'd have been better off taking it on a line of credit and rolling that into the mortgage discussions when the time came while continuing savings on the side.

As ridiculous as it sounds, he'd have been better off taking it on a line of credit and rolling that into the mortgage discussions when the time came while continuing savings on the side.

savings? :lmao:

I dont think this guy knows the definition of saving

The moral of the story is don`t buy toys on credit .I couldn`t see myself making a payment on something that sits in the garage for half the year .Save up buy outright all cash .

I was in a Harley dealer once and saw a ~40 yo guy walk in and sit on a Night Train (for about 5 seconds), then says he is going to take it. His buddy was asking how he was going to afford it (hundreds/month for 8 years, IIRC the bike was going to be well over 40K), he said he would just work weekends to make the payments (when was he planning on riding?). The dealership asked for his license for the paperwork and he didn't have it (it was suspended and he hoped to get it back soon). You can't fix stupid.

I will never understand the popularity of SOA.

I've been watching the whole series on NetFlix. Completely fake portrayal of outlaw biker clubs, and for a bunch of tough guys, they spend a LOT of time hugging and kissing each other -you could make a drinking game out of it.

Back
Top Bottom