Stocks | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stocks

油井緋色;2264214 said:
https://www.google.ca/finance?cid=666320

This one isn't too bad either as you get dividends and it's cheap as hell.

Also, if you plot a graph of gas prices against it, you'll see that they are heavily related. So unless we stop using gas.........=D lol

Had some spare cash from recent dividend payments from other stocks. Bought 1,000 shares of Trinidad at 4.27 this morning, over 10% gain since then. Can't complain about that, so far at least.

Oil is up again today, and the whole oil patch with it, but don't be surprised if this latest move is too far, too fast. It smells like short covering. There was a guy on BNN yesterday who was shorting Suncor because he thought it was too high. He is not having a good day.

I own a few different ones, and wherever possible I've sold out-of-the-money (at the time) covered call options against them. As of right now, all of those call options are in the money, which means everything will get called away in a little over two weeks. That will happen at a higher price than I paid. Boo hoo.

Had some spare cash from recent dividend payments from other stocks. Bought 1,000 shares of Trinidad at 4.27 this morning, over 10% gain since then. Can't complain about that, so far at least.

That's great to hear, glad I could help =D

Oil is up again today, and the whole oil patch with it, but don't be surprised if this latest move is too far, too fast. It smells like short covering. There was a guy on BNN yesterday who was shorting Suncor because he thought it was too high. He is not having a good day.

I own a few different ones, and wherever possible I've sold out-of-the-money (at the time) covered call options against them. As of right now, all of those call options are in the money, which means everything will get called away in a little over two weeks. That will happen at a higher price than I paid. Boo hoo.

Are you aware of this?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/07/us-refineries-labor-strikes-bp-idUSKBN0LA2KG20150207

When the sector is suffering let's help it with a strike, so the supply starts dwindling ... LOL .... And when the strike is resolved, we will have a major storm in the gulf, when we are done with that then there will be a plant refurbishing program ..... And on and on and on .... Constant speculation to manipulate the stock!!

When the sector is suffering let's help it with a strike, so the supply starts dwindling ... LOL .... And when the strike is resolved, we will have a major storm in the gulf, when we are done with that then there will be a plant refurbishing program ..... And on and on and on .... Constant speculation to manipulate the stock!!

Stuff like this makes investing in the energy sector so much fun
So far this strike has garnered very little media attention gotta file that under things that make you go hmmmm

I just opened a TFSA @ TD Direct Investing.

Will be looking forward to HOT stock tips from the motorcycling e-community.

I just opened a TFSA @ TD Direct Investing.

Will be looking forward to HOT stock tips from the motorcycling e-community.

look at 3-4 of the TD eFund Index funds, and take it nice and easy. You would want exposure to CAN, US and INTL markets, add some Bonds to offset (balance anyone?) and maybe even an REIT or a Preferred ETF for good measure. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Top up that TFSA trading acct with $36,500.
Buy "HOT" gtam stock tips.
You'll know what losing is all about.

lol

Just going to buy into index funds. TD's e-Series funds were recommended by my (independent, fee-based) planner. 0.33-0.35% MER.

look at 3-4 of the TD eFund Index funds, and take it nice and easy. You would want exposure to CAN, US and INTL markets, add some Bonds to offset (balance anyone?) and maybe even an REIT or a Preferred ETF for good measure. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

You beat me to it. My plan was to split my money evenly between CAD and USD index funds and then move funds from one to the other from time to time, but it seems to be a pain to juggle currencies. I dunno, haven't actually started trading yet, activation papers are waiting for me in my mailbox.

I think I'll sign up as well soon....just to throw in a few $$ to see what all this fuss is about...

lol

Just going to buy into index funds. TD's e-Series funds were recommended by my (independent, fee-based) planner. 0.33-0.35% MER.

Here's a couple HOT funds. I've held for decades. I don't even bank at TD anymore.
Not much effects them, and the dividends are plentiful after several years.

TD Corporate Bond Capital Yield-A
TD FundSmart Mgd Inc & Mod Grt-I

If I was still in my youth, I'd drop 50% of my 'play money' into medical mj stocks, and forget about them.

One of my friends studying chemistry is telling me to invest money into a company that sells graphene - a material harder than diamond.

I might seriously look into this, found a few companies that have done nothing but rise.

I'll keep my cash under the pillow ... is that still allowed? .... no BS speculators to deal with and it's always around when I need it. A pillow does not charge fees either.

Back
Top Bottom