Stocks | Page 25 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stocks

Those folks who are up big on these marijuana stocks (and other speculative stocks) ... Just bear in mind two things that Jim Cramer says all the time. Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered. And ... Nobody ever got hurt by taking a profit.

If you have something that's up big, consider selling enough to cover your initial investment and let the rest run. Then you can't lose.

Now that I'm out of the position, I'll tell you about my big hit: New Flyer Industries. They build city buses. I bought this in 2009 in the midst of the recession-depression because I figured that we're always going to need buses, and it paid a good but not excessive dividend (which is a mandatory condition for me to own ANY stock). I never paid more than 10 bucks for a single share. Then I sat on it and forgot about it for 7 years. During that time the dividends covered a good chunk of my initial investment. Sometime this past year I figured maybe I should look at it again, and it was near $30. I sold a third of my position and placed a limit order sell for the next third a little higher than that, and the last third a little above that yet again (this was around April of this year) and by golly those orders all got filled over the next few weeks, taking me completely out and almost quadrupling my initial investment in the process. It has gone up more since then but know what ... I'm ok with that. I made something on it, now it can be someone else's turn.

I just wish that quadruple involved more than a few hundred shares ... but that's all I had at the time to invest. It still paid for my new car ...

I still own shares of a few companies that I bought back then which have paid out about as much in dividends since then as what my initial investment was. No other quadruples, though. And, unfortunately, not enough to retire on.

My spidey sense is tingling... CGC might drop today or tomorrow. Support around 8.60 ...and if that doesn't hold, somewhere around 7.20 depending on when/if it happens. My feeling is that it will go down quickly and then back up and 8.60 will hold. From there, I think it will go up. Some psychological resistance around 16 but if it gets through that, it will test 18 again.

My play this time is SL. I bought some yesterday and might get more today if it drops. This is my first short term trade. I'm still holding everything else because I don't think the hype is over yet and they will probably do alright long term anyway.

Disclaimer: All of this came straight out of my @$$

My spidey sense is tingling... CGC might drop today or tomorrow. Support around 8.60 ...and if that doesn't hold, somewhere around 7.20 depending on when/if it happens. My feeling is that it will go down quickly and then back up and 8.60 will hold. From there, I think it will go up. Some psychological resistance around 16 but if it gets through that, it will test 18 again.

My play this time is SL. I bought some yesterday and might get more today if it drops. This is my first short term trade. I'm still holding everything else because I don't think the hype is over yet and they will probably do alright long term anyway.

Disclaimer: All of this came straight out of my @$$

Supreme planned to raise $40 million. It was oversubscribed and they got $50 million. Then more trickled in before they closed and they ended up with $55 million. It's all in the form of convertible debentures (very much like the Aurora financing, I think).
They've go the cash to keep going, that's for sure. That's the largest single financing, other than a Brookfield fund IPO, on the CSE. It took a while to gain traction, but we're getting a lot more attention and better quality companies applying.

So the selloff appears to have been because of the Veteran's Affairs minister announcing a reduction in what the federal government would reimburse for veterans. They're reducing from 10 grams (yes TEN) to 3 grams per day.
At times, different governments have been more aware of how such announcements would affect the market, and given the market regulators a "heads up".

it will run back up...weed is a tangible product for fun and medicinal. I see weed as a similar product to alcohol. Weed is in it's infancy...imo

That's what I'm hoping too... losing money on all weed stock now

So the selloff appears to have been because of the Veteran's Affairs minister announcing a reduction in what the federal government would reimburse for veterans. They're reducing from 10 grams (yes TEN) to 3 grams per day.
At times, different governments have been more aware of how such announcements would affect the market, and given the market regulators a "heads up".

Thanks for the update. Not a good idea to mess with the Vets. In the grand scheme Vets are a small part of the market share.
It was good to get a glimpse into the run up for all the stocks, see what was possible, be ready for the next round :)

Here we go Kids... Organigram was down 7% or so I think and now it's up 14.45% and still moving upwards!! In the Words of the Great Nicky Hayden, LETS GET IT!!

This might be of use to some of you.
Cool automation for stocks.

https://ifttt.com/stocks

Whenever you look at apps, check for the data vendor. This one uses Yahoo Finance, but doesn't specifically include Canada - so it may not include all Canadian Exchanges.

Ticker
InfoDateTime
EMCEmblem IPO 2 Dec 2016
?
OGI/OGRMF Earnings Report
15 Dec 2016
?

EMC.V. Keep an eye on this IPO.

Back
Top Bottom