SpaceX. They did it. | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

SpaceX. They did it.

Todays launch ending in a giant fireball wasn't planned through as I understand it.
I know this is all still in the learning stages etc, but if I was someone who was looking at being strapped to the pointy end of that thing in a year or three I'd be rather concerned.

But, in the grand scheme, Time seems to have a well measured response:

Talked to my buddy (an actual aerospace engineer who specializes in propulsion) and he explained to me that this test was more successful than they could have hoped for.

Fact they made it up so high before 💥 is amazing.

I also graduated in aero…but I work in the underground world, so I’ll take his word on it.

Talked to my buddy (an actual aerospace engineer who specializes in propulsion) and he explained to me that this test was more successful than they could have hoped for.

Fact they made it up so high before 💥 is amazing.

I also graduated in aero…but I work in the underground world, so I’ll take his word on it.

Blowing up is a success?

Blowing up is a success?
Yup. You can model all you want but you need real flights to validate or modify the model. It sounds like they weren't even certain they would clear the tower without RUD.

For all we know, the engine "failures" may have been part of the test program to see how well the controls worked in the face of adversity. I'm not convinced of that given the pattern, they may have been legitimate failures but if so, they need to figure out why so many went out.

If I was a candidate for his Mars mission, this result would be giving me second thoughts

You were dying even if it succeeded. This just saves you from living in a can full of insufferable people for an extended period prior to dying.
That's true

Getting the first run of the most powerful rocket ever developed off the launch pad first time IS a success.....I think Musk tried 5 times before he got a launch that worked....and many more before he nailed a landing.

Compendiium since V2

Back
Top Bottom