South Lavant Road #16 | GTAMotorcycle.com

South Lavant Road #16

shanekingsley

Curry - so nice it burns you twice
Site Supporter
Anyone ben on it this year?

Usually it's pretty sandy late into the season and last few years it's been pretty bumpy.
I'd like to check it out on one of my next rides, but if it's no good right now I'll take McDonald's Corners instead.

Thanks!

1685699434424.png

Anyone ben on it this year?

Usually it's pretty sandy late into the season and last few years it's been pretty bumpy.
I'd like to check it out on one of my next rides, but if it's no good right now I'll take McDonald's Corners instead.

Thanks!

View attachment 61255
I've been meaning to. Last time I went through there it was torn up for repaving. That should be done by now.

I've been meaning to. Last time I went through there it was torn up for repaving. That should be done by now.
Amazing thanks.
If they have repaved it, it will be one of the better roads in the province!

Please check if you are out riding in the next little while and the gods of twisty roads will shine down on you for eternity.

I would be leaving a skid mark to check it out if I were you.
Amazing thanks.
If they have repaved it, it will be one of the better roads in the province!

Please check if you are out riding in the next little while and the gods of twisty roads will shine down on you for eternity.
I went down from the East side 511 and got as far as Lavant (Robertson Lake).
Went through two kilometres of gravel.
The turn was paved and then more gravel started, so I turned around.

The road starts really nice down to Poland, then turns to a nice chip and tar, and then back, with some gravel and potholes, then there's construction and gravel for at least a couple of kilometres.

If you get a chance, try coming in from the 509 side and see where the construction starts on that end. It might be a short stretch of gravel.

Left a skid mark near Lavant where there was some washboard gravel.

I went down from the East side 511 and got as far as Lavant (Robertson Lake).
Went through two kilometres of gravel.
The turn was paved and then more gravel started, so I turned around.

The road starts really nice down to Poland, then turns to a nice chip and tar, and then back, with some gravel and potholes, then there's construction and gravel for at least a couple of kilometres.

If you get a chance, try coming in from the 509 side and see where the construction starts on that end. It might be a short stretch of gravel.

Left a skid mark near Lavant where there was some washboard gravel.
Thanks!

There’s a few online links outlining what was done in 2022 and what is occurring in 2023. Seems restricted to specific parts only and not the bulk of the road.

2023-Construction-Map.pdf

Back
Top Bottom