Sounds legitimate...... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sounds legitimate......

CDN-GTR

I came across a real nice looking ZX12R on My local Autotrader, $2500 thought I'd find out more about it.
So I sent an email a received the following reply from "Jimmy Smith".

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hello,
I got ur reply to my Kawasaki ZX12R(Pen, Lav Km, Servicer) ,ad listed on the Autotrader and i confirm that the bike is still for sale for $2500.
The bike is a 2004year model with only 14500km, 1200cc Displacement .
This bike looks and runs like new!It's in mint condition,very comfortable to drive..
I'm getting rid of my bike cuz i no longer use it since i went abroad for archaeological research where i'll be living for 2 long years and i left thebike to my brother who was keeping it since a few months but he called me a few days ago saying that he's moving to New york and he can't any longer keep my bike .
I don't have anyone else around who will be keeping it for me for all those long years so i decided to sell it quickly at a low price to get rid of it.
I intrusted the bike to a private truck driver in Toronto, who's taking care of the sale and of the delivery as well.
Im very happy that u find interest in my bike and i assure u that the bike is in very great shape,nothing wrong with it at all,u'll have great fun with it.
So i've talked to the truck driver that i found someone who's buying it and he's requesting ur details and house address so that he will transport the bike and all its paperworks(MTO ownership,Uvip,Bill of sale) to ur door with no cost at u and once the bike is at ur home you will test drive it,check the papers with the ministry of transportation and if u find everything ok then u will take the bike and settle the payment of the $2500 cash on the spot to become the new owner of my wonderful bike.
So get back to me with ur following details and address and i'll forward them to the delivery guy and he will get in touch with u to set up a time for the delivery and the bike will be brought to u asap:
Full name:............../City:................./Post code:................./House address:................./Phone #:..................
I'll be waiting to hear from u asap.
Regards.

Then sent about 10 pictures of the bike.
>>>>>>>>>>>

How stupid are people.
Do you see anything to be suspicious about.
Trying to figure how to reply.

Ask him for his bank account digits so you can wire him the money in advance.

"Archeological logic research" lol.

Send him the address of Sese Conseco's wife, or the Nigerian Consulate in Toronto.

I will report this to AutoTrader, but we are going to have some fun first
I was going to give him the addrees of -> 823 Exeter Rd, London, ON N6E 1W1 and the phone number
519-681-0300
That's the OPP station.

73ed5542f6f080931330f6b250bfe54706b9f8b3481ec6896e96487a86e88a3d.jpg

I was going to give him the addrees of -> 823 Exeter Rd, London, ONN6E 1W1 and the phone number
519-681-0300
That's the OPP station.

I like this plan a lot. Make sure you're there for exchange of goods though. It'll be nice to see the look on their face.

I've seen many versions of this story, usually soldiers stationing in Afghanistan, or women who need to move. They craft the grift to what resonates with the sucker. If the price is too good to be true, it's too good to be true.
How is it that the OPP can't answer these ads and do their effing jobs?

A ZX-12R is kind of an old bike to be pulling this scam with, they need to update it with something more believable. I've seen them listed for $3K in recent years...

My neighbours son paid $2200 for a "mint condition, low km 636" he found on kijiji earlier in the summer.
Money went through Pay Pal.
The bike.
Well.
It never showed up.

I was going to give him the addrees of -> 823 Exeter Rd, London, ONN6E 1W1 and the phone number
519-681-0300
That's the OPP station.

I would've given Stephen Harper, 24 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, ON, ....

My neighbours son paid $2200 for a "mint condition, low km 636" he found on kijiji earlier in the summer.
Money went through Pay Pal.
The bike.
Well.
It never showed up.

oh dear, they did him a favor. Anyone who would fall for that should not be riding a bike in traffic.

So school me. If the bike is in the driveway, you have gone to Service Ontario and the paperwork is good and then the money changes hands, where is the catch? It's not as if you are handing money before seeing it or checking out provenance.
And I know this is a standard scam, but the artist has added in more seeming safeguards

This is the "standard" they say you can inspect bike and paperwork then just before delivery you get an "urgent" email, saying the truck driver is now sayign he won't load the bike and drive over there unless you send a "deposit" of say $250, before the trucker will bring the bike over, but the $250 is included in the total of $2500, so it isn't a "price increase" or anything. Then how sorry they are and if only they were here it wouldn't be an issue etc.

So most people just walk away from the "deal", but if the get 1 person per day to actually send the money then that is $250 per day for doing nothing other than posting a fake ad.

They know the police aren't looking for them for a lousy $250.

So school me. If the bike is in the driveway, you have gone to Service Ontario and the paperwork is good and then the money changes hands, where is the catch? It's not as if you are handing money before seeing it or checking out provenance.
And I know this is a standard scam, but the artist has added in more seeming safeguards

I did send the seller a question about the bike as it was to be in London and told him I wanted to come see it and just happened to be in Toronto that weekend and would drop by with my ram, truck and cash. Lets get this done.
No reply, I sent AutoTrader this is a scam and it got pulled.

Back
Top Bottom