Snow city cycle :( Two wheels motorsports :) | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Snow city cycle :( Two wheels motorsports :)

I bought mine from the same dealer,
Terrible costumer service,sucks..The sales man bold head guy he is ok..

ཨོ་མ་ནི་པདྨེ་ཧ྄ཱུཾ།།
You need a bigger keyboard or smaller fingers.

I personally have no problem with SC charging more for the install, as I believe the OP didn't either. The issue is with not honouring a price that was given.
As the Costco example given earlier, it's like $6 for install of tires purchased there, and more, if they even do it, for tires from elsewhere.
As far as the delay in time for work completion, would that have something to do with the limited amount of shops, due to the seasonal nature of our sport? I'll bet the wait for that chain and sprocket change is one day in January.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

You need a bigger keyboard or smaller fingers.

I personally have no problem with SC charging more for the install, as I believe the OP didn't either. The issue is with not honouring a price that was given.
As the Costco example given earlier, it's like $6 for install of tires purchased there, and more, if they even do it, for tires from elsewhere.
As far as the delay in time for work completion, would that have something to do with the limited amount of shops, due to the seasonal nature of our sport? I'll bet the wait for that chain and sprocket change is one day in January.

Absolutly, and when more shops close up because people can buy parts from the Internet for a few dollars cheaper but don't have the skill/tools to install the parts it'll take even longer for them to get work done.

After being argued with about price for an item that wasn't even purchased at my shop I would have told the customer to pound sand.

1 hour to change two tires with the rims on the bike?

Sigh......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutly, and when more shops close up because people can buy parts from the Internet for a few dollars cheaper but don't have the skill/tools to install the parts it'll take even longer for them to get work done.

After being argued with about price for an item that wasn't even purchased at my shop I would have told the customer to pound sand.
First part: agreed.
Second part: sorta
It was discussed that the tires would be shipped there via FedEx, at which point they gave op a price for install. I personally don't care what price they want to give him, but honour that price upon said install. But to charge more after the agreed upon price is wrong, and I'm sure you wouldn't do that.
Again, you buy tires from me-- priority service, cheaper install. Bring outside tires in-- $xxx install, when I can fit you in. I personally don't mind paying a little more for the luxury of better service. Every single thing that I have ever purchased for my bike has been from a local shop or a fellow rider. You can't put a price on those relationships. ESPECIALLY when you have less than no clue on how to service anything, as is my case.

First part: agreed.
Second part: sorta
It was discussed that the tires would be shipped there via FedEx, at which point they gave op a price for install. I personally don't care what price they want to give him, but honour that price upon said install. But to charge more after the agreed upon price is wrong, and I'm sure you wouldn't do that.
Again, you buy tires from me-- priority service, cheaper install. Bring outside tires in-- $xxx install, when I can fit you in. I personally don't mind paying a little more for the luxury of better service. Every single thing that I have ever purchased for my bike has been from a local shop or a fellow rider. You can't put a price on those relationships. ESPECIALLY when you have less than no clue on how to service anything, as is my case.

Yes price should have been honored and I would've wanted to know why the charge was extra. Maybe they addressed other issues??

I said what I had to say about their sales and service dept earlier in this thread, but I feel I must comment on this tire thing.

$90 a tire....holy crap. But, you bought the tires somewhere else and expected to get a deal on the installation? I see people talking about this more and more these days. Unless you install the parts yourself, I really don't see much savings on buying tires or other parts online then going and getting a dealership to install for you.

Put it this way, I would never think to go buy tires for my truck at walmart and then go to the chevy dealership to get them put on for me. They might do it, but I already know they will bend me over on the install, common sense tells me that.

If you really want to save money, start learning how to work on your bike yourself

Last edited:
This issue has come up before with Snow City. They were pretty up front with me when I purchased my tires. Purchase tires from elsewhere and you'll pay more. I completely understand this. If there is any issue with the tire, and the tire is purchased from someone else, who takes responsibility for it? Say the tire cannot bead/hold air, for whatever reason. The installer has spent time trying to install a defective product, only to fail. Who pays for this time? If you buy tires from Snow City, they take responsibility for the whole thing, and can work with their supplier to make it right.

Local stores need support or they'll disappear. Buying stuff online is cheaper, but if I can have a store match or come close to a price, I'll go local.

Snow City charges me $38/tire to install when I buy the tire from them and bring my wheel in. They were very up front with me from the beginning.

Last edited:

This is exactly my point, thank you. Even the amount that they originally quoted felt a little high to me but I was willing to pay for the convenience. It's not like I was trying to nickel and dime them. Had I known the true price in advance I would've just said thanks and hung up.

I understand mistakes happen and that's probably all this was. But there was no apology or attempt to make it right until I made a fuss. I hate doing that because--right or wrong--it makes me feel like a d!ck.

Lol mikeymoto does mine for $25/tire. Off the bike mind you

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Wow - I have't paid for tire installs for a while but I used to pay 20 bucks (buying the tire somewhere else) off the bike.

I am a long time SnowCity dissatisfied customer due to many bad service department experiences in the past, I gave them a shot again because they had the bike i wanted at a really good price and I figure every place deserves a 4th and 5th chance ;) and this is my opinion.

Their sales and parts department are very good, Mike the sales manager "ballboy" and Hans the sales guy are great, the Service Manager lady needs to be let go, once they do that and get a competent person, that place will be great over all.

This is my experience and may vary from others.

Hans is a good guy,mike is dumb *** guy..

ཨོ་མ་ནི་པདྨེ་ཧ྄ཱུཾ།།

Wow - I have't paid for tire installs for a while but I used to pay 20 bucks (buying the tire somewhere else) off the bike.
Yea me too. I install and balance myself. I used to pay rosie 15 bucks A pop. But that depended on his memory that day .

Looking for a new bike and I'm checking them out on Monday, got an appointment with someone whose name hasn't been mentioned here... Guess he might be new. From my experience on the phone they seem friendly enough though!

I'll see if I can talk to Hans if things start to go sour :laughing9:

At least if it doesn't pan out with them I can head to two wheels.

Yea me too. I install and balance myself. I used to pay rosie 15 bucks A pop. But that depended on his memory that day .
You mean to say he pulled a price out of his ***? lol nahhhh

Hans is a good guy,mike is dumb *** guy..

ཨོ་མ་ནི་པདྨེ་ཧ྄ཱུཾ།།
Say what you want to say but Mike has made stuff right after others have screw it up and he has always done what he promises he is going to do, not sure about your experience but this is mine.

They have a new sales guy, he sold me a bike in 2008 when he was in Kahuna, good guy as well.
Looking for a new bike and I'm checking them out on Monday, got an appointment with someone whose name hasn't been mentioned here... Guess he might be new. From my experience on the phone they seem friendly enough though!

I'll see if I can talk to Hans if things start to go sour :laughing9:

At least if it doesn't pan out with them I can head to two wheels.

Say what you want to say but Mike has made stuff right after others have screw it up and he has always done what he promises he is going to do, not sure about your experience but this is mine.

You have every right to disagree ..

ཨོ་མ་ནི་པདྨེ་ཧ྄ཱུཾ།།

Back
Top Bottom