Should men enter into marriage? Is it in their interest? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Should men enter into marriage? Is it in their interest?

Should men get married today?

• Yes

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 60.5%
  • not sure

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • maybe if the laws were applied equally

Votes: 7 18.4%

• Total voters
Your 6 months thing is a fallacy. I already quoted the law. If there are no children in play, the Ontario Family Law Act does not recognize any support obligations until you have lived with a person in a conjugal relationship for 3 years. Post #37.

My wife and I made the choice to have kids, together. Just as we chose, together, to get married. All I see in this thread are a bunch of beta-males whining about some supposed inequality when nobody is putting a gun to their heads to get married. Hey guess what? If you think its unfair, don't friggin do it. The laws on the books have absolute merit and are reasonable. As with all things in life, there will be exceptions and cases where the man unfairly gets shafted - in this case he should've picked a better girl to marry.

You're an adult - behave like one.

You are funny. Your own posts reveals your ignorance. Clearly you are not understanding what is being discussed.
Good luck, glad you found a winner and she did too.

You are funny. Your own posts reveals your ignorance. Clearly you are not understanding what is being discussed.
Good luck, glad you found a winner and she did too.

Whats being discussed is marriage, no?

Should men enter into marriage? Is it in their interest?

You wrote that. That's the thread title, remember?

Over 80% of marriages work out fine last study I saw. If you plan on getting divorced, no it doesn't work out for the man any way you look at it. But it's your job to make the thing work, to bend and be tolerant, just like it is hers. Most people who get divorced have personality problems in my experience. If you have a great partner it all works out. As for kids, if you don't want them let your partner know before marriage. Many women want kids, even the ones who say they don't, so don't be fooled. If she wants them she's going to have them unless you've been snipped, in which case if she finds out you're shooting blanks she'll probably leave you.

Oh the stories I could tell ............

Let's just say, my ex cries non stop of being in the poor house and takes multiple trips to the Caribbean.

I gladly pay child support. The rest is bs. Lol.

I think if it blows up you didn't pick a winner. lol

Over 80% of marriages work out fine last study I saw. If you plan on getting divorced, ....

The ratio is closer to 50%. If you were planning to get divorced, you wouldn't have gotten caught in the first place.

Child support isn't the issue, the rest is.

Ya'll know today is feminist day right?

The ratio is closer to 50%. If you were planning to get divorced, you wouldn't have gotten caught in the first place.

Child support isn't the issue, the rest is.

Child support would be a bit of an issue for me. Not to be understood tho, of course I want to and would in fact support the child gladly, but I would have preferred to do it in the family unit. With alimony and child support and two addresses you're paying more for less and suffering rejection to boot. Only a 50/50 chance of that happening so that's kinda cool.

How's that wage gap coming along? Have they figured it out yet?

Yeah, they finally discovered that women avoid all the tough jobs!

I don't expect line-ups at the local construction sites.

Yeah, they finally discovered that women avoid all the tough jobs!

I don't expect line-ups at the local construction sites.

There are many legitimate reasons why women make less than men on average. Almost none of them have anything to do with the patriarchy or oppression. Yet it remains a main talking point.

There are many legitimate reasons why women make less than men on average. Almost none of them have anything to do with the patriarchy or oppression. Yet it remains a main talking point.

Thank your local leftard.

Child support would be a bit of an issue for me. Not to be understood tho, of course I want to and would in fact support the child gladly, but I would have preferred to do it in the family unit. With alimony and child support and two addresses you're paying more for less and suffering rejection to boot. Only a 50/50 chance of that happening so that's kinda cool.

Preaching to the choir....

Should men get married? sure. Should they think about why, how and whats before proposing? sure.
The reality is people change. The cute girl you found may not want to work till 60, she may find the guy she married that liked to workout and took care of himself now likes Bud lite and fishing. Maybe shes a saver and your an idiot, her younger sister is hot and you nailed her. People change.

If you don't change and evolve as a couple, you go your own ways. And its kind of expensive.

I think every guy should get married.
I did.
Misery loves company.

Sent from the Purple Zone

Going by the 50/50 rule it's just as likely people don't change, rather become caricatures of their younger selves imho. For example if you marry (or even date) a girl who monkee branched to you you should expect her to monkee branch away from you. In the traditional upwardly mobile style. Living a values based life would negate that.

Simply put, this is the worst contract you will ever enter. If it works, it's fantastic obvs, you get the whole package, kids, love, companionship, partnership etc. If it doesn't, it is highly penalizing for men and one sided.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Simply put, this is the worst contract you will ever enter. If it works, it's fantastic obvs, you get the whole package, kids, love, companionship, partnership etc. If it doesn't, it is highly penalizing for men and one sided.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Marry a girl who makes more than you. Keep her working. Then she'll be paying you support.

Back
Top Bottom