Shops to try on Jackets/Helmet in GTA | GTAMotorcycle.com

Shops to try on Jackets/Helmet in GTA

toyopl

Could you point me to stores that have good selection of Jackets and Helmets to try on.
I gave myself $1000 budget, so would like to try on few styles as I never ridden before.
Trying to get gear and m2 this season and then getting Ninja 300 next spring.
I'm guessing gear first, then bike, can't do both as wife already does not like the idea, that way I'll ease her in :)

I'll also google some stores, but some are a waist of time, once you get to the store sometimes there's almost nothing on display, so you might help me save some time.
Thank you all.

Located in Milton, can drive as far as Guelph/Niagara/Oshawa.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!
In this case, Kijiji could be your friend. Many riders bought gear, then didn't follow through.
Or ReGear.
Otherwise, Royal, GP, Daytona,...

Don't know where you are located, but that would be a start. Regear is in Oshawa and has some decent used stuff. You also have GP Bikes and Royal Distributing in Whitby. I think most places allow to to try stuff on.

OP, where are you located? Easier to help.
Btw, used you'll save some $$ and be able to buy your wife a little something. I feel for ya, bro.

Updated my post, Located in Milton, can drive as far as Guelph/Niagara/Oshawa.

As far as used gear I'll pass, I'm not the kind of person that would buy used clothing.
I know I could find something great for awsome price on kijiji, but I always prefer buying new.

Updated my post, Located in Milton, can drive as far as Guelph/Niagara/Oshawa.

As far as used gear I'll pass, I'm not the kind of person that would buy used clothing.
I know I could find something great for awsome price on kijiji, but I always prefer buying new.

Again, I agree. And normally would not do it myself. And I still probably wouldn't boots or helmet. But I bought gloves and a jacket for great deals used (thanks again gtam'rs Crackberry and Nephew).
That being said, used is not for everyone.
Again, GP & Royal are not too far from you. Good luck in your search.

town moto is a small shop at college and ossington and definitely geared towards a specific old school style (a lot of biltwell helmets, etc) but the people in there are extremely friendly and helpful.

although i'm not sure i'd recommend spending $1000 on gear if you haven't actually tried riding yet or taken any classes.

Rode when I was 15, had two bikes and always wanted to get back to it, just never the right moment.
Finally at 32 we bought our first house, we are settling in and I can store a bike in garage.

I live in Oakville and I drive all the way to GP bikes to buy gear.... if that gives you any indication. They have a great selection and the staff seem pretty friendly.

On the plus side, Royal Distributing is right down the street, so you can kill two birds with one stone.

I should have added that the royal in guelph is by far the worst store they have. Their selection is usually non existent and some of the staff aren't as smart as the shoes they sell.

I should have added that the royal in guelph is by far the worst store they have. Their selection is usually non existent and some of the staff aren't as smart as the shoes they sell.

On the plus side their sales people sell you on things they don't even carry! :lmao:

Went to few stores today, Will try GP and Royal on a day off.

Burlington Cycle - few HJC helmets, none of the higher end ones, no Leather jackets, almost nothing to look at
Bartz Moto - Very basic, Icon Airmada and Alliance to try on, that's pretty much it.
Brampton Powersports - Good selection of Helmets, tried a few, overall cool store, wish they would have more jackets, saw only Icon Hypersport, wanna try on Alpine Jaws

Went to few stores today, Will try GP and Royal on a day off.

Burlington Cycle - few HJC helmets, none of the higher end ones, no Leather jackets, almost nothing to look at
Bartz Moto - Very basic, Icon Airmada and Alliance to try on, that's pretty much it.
Brampton Powersports - Good selection of Helmets, tried a few, overall cool store, wish they would have more jackets, saw only Icon Hypersport, wanna try on Alpine Jaws

Christ OP, I think you might blow your mind with the jacket selection at GP Bikes.

I know you said no used but if you go to GP cycle then you really should check out ReGear for a leather jacket only 5 minutes away. There will be plenty of things to spend money on once you own a bike and getting a leather jacket for $150 to $200 as opposed to $500 plus certainly helps

Christ OP, I think you might blow your mind with the jacket selection at GP Bikes.

Hehe, well that's nice to hear, hopefully they'll have Alpine Jaws in there, as it always jumps in my eye whenever I browse for jackets.

go to GP's online store, get the item number you like and email them to make sure they have in stock before heading out there...that's what I did and I too live in Milton...you can email Royal as well and they can tell you if it's in stock at which ever store you ask about...or you can call them both ahead of time, especially if you're looking for a specific jacket...

If you don't have a bike right now. Don't buy gear. Wait till fall or winter then and buy and save. What's the sense of buying gear right now in peak season when you don't have a bike.

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

Back
Top Bottom