Shell Gas Station Policy | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Shell Gas Station Policy

I really doubt it would change here in Canada, all because Canada is Supposed to be about tolerance, accepting etc. (Look how far the gays etc have come now with their acceptance). Its almost fashionable to be a homosexual here.

but the French, they have always had the balls to do things, and speak up.. They have bans on face covering: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_ban_on_face_covering

and Quebec they wanted to follow through too.. http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/news/quebec-hijab-ban/

When banks are getting robbed, things change very quickly.
Money rules.
It's pretty much a perfect disguise. You can't tell male or female or see skin color...they can hide the bag under the clothes going in and coming out therefore no attention drawn to them. Also just ditch the clothes in 3 seconds and keep walking, hell walk right back into the same bank and they wouldn't know.

One time I got into yelling match with an Esso guy. Apparently its govt or Esso regulation - rider must dismount before filling. He even showed me the colored poster with pictures on the supposedly correct filling technique. So I was, "how the f can I get a FULL tank when its tilted??!"

a_night_wighout_robbin.jpg

@EvilBeaver at least there was a sign posted, and then I would just do as asked, as it is then obviously a policy. However, no sign, like in the OPs case, then I'm not changing anything.
Oh yeah, and @unL33T, gonna need some pics of said pink shirt. Y'know, for reference. ?

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

Polygamy's okay, just move to Utah, son. The place has awesome mountain activities and twistys right out your front door, too, all you gotta do is give up the booze (which is easy for some of us).

ANYWAY I agree that allowing a burka is BS, in certain scenarios; have any of you traveled to a muslim or buddhist country? In many places they make women cover up their ankles and shoulders, to coincide with their religious and cultural norms, i.e. foreigners must conform to their standards while visiting, regardless of where the foreigners are from.

Why can't foreigners be asked to respect our cultural norms, regardless if they are unwarranted or bred out of paranoia? They are our societal norms and they should respect them, or GTFO. Freedom to practice your religious beliefs is what makes this country great, UNTIL it begins to impede on our safety, or ability to enforce the laws that ensure our safety.

I lived in Dhahran. Eastern Province. 2 years. You are correct, we better obey their Laws or you go to Prison. No pussying with their Laws. Ignorance is no excuse. Execution was still happening in the early 80`s.
Mind you, I did see some absolutely breath taking coral and sea life. Fish all shapes and colours. Watching the Arabian Sun set. Amazing.

Gee, I wonder what a crotch full of gasoline would do to those who don't want to get off the bike to pump?

Gee, I wonder what a crotch full of gasoline would do to those who don't want to get off the bike to pump?
Made me instantly think of Eddie Murphy skit : flames shoot out when I pee. ?

Made me instantly think of Eddie Murphy skit : flames shoot out when I pee. ? Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk
More than flames, it's a solvent, plus the chance to ignite any fumes escaping. Your eyes are burning, what about your nether region? Would probably be best to remove the clothing and wash it, and the area, thoroughly with water, and then not put it in a dryer.

Tbh, I've never even considered filling up my bike while on it.

I don't believe I've ever gotten off my bike to fill up. Never been asked to by the gas station attendant either.

When banks are getting robbed, things change very quickly.
Money rules.

It's pretty much a perfect disguise. You can't tell male or female or see skin color...they can hide the bag under the clothes going in and coming out therefore no attention drawn to them. Also just ditch the clothes in 3 seconds and keep walking, hell walk right back into the same bank and they wouldn't know.

I was going to disagree with you and say that corporations would never be excluded. Then I realized that insurance companies are allowed to ignore age discrimination laws.

I don't believe I've ever gotten off my bike to fill up. Never been asked to by the gas station attendant either.

Same with me, I never get off the bike to fill up for fuel and never had anyone take issue with it at any station here or in the States.

I was going to disagree with you and say that corporations would never be excluded. Then I realized that insurance companies are allowed to ignore age discrimination laws.

That is an excellent point. Perhaps we should speak to our Premier. Oh, just a minute. Forget it. What was I thinking?

Meh, won't they just change it to years of experience? Haven't they already done that?
Why take the chance that you'll get a bad pump?

Just saw this in my Facebook news feed...figured I'd share here. lol

14079521_1133080336747740_4835270400937611285_n.png

One time I got into yelling match with an Esso guy. Apparently its govt or Esso regulation - rider must dismount before filling. He even showed me the colored poster with pictures on the supposedly correct filling technique. So I was, "how the f can I get a FULL tank when its tilted??!"

I think it varies a little depending on the bike. With my CBR250RA, it was hard to get it full on the stand, but with my CBR650F, if I overfill the tank slightly, it will be completely full when standing straight up. Never had the gas gauge read anything but full, and the first bar doesn't disappear for at least 50-60km of riding (bike has about a 350-400km range).

Think I'd always get off though, even if the above wasn't the case. It's a good stretch, plus I can't flat foot, so if I needed to get off the bike in a hurry (eg. gas spill hitting hot engine), I doubt I'd be able to.

My comment is broader than that.
What I was suggesting is once the banks start getting robbed then some law will be passed banning face being covered across the land.

Not to mention gender discrimination laws...

No preferrential treatment for religious people or bikers. If its a security risk to cover your face, it should be applied to all or none.

I normally fill up at the same station always (so they "know" me i imagine). Today, just for laughs I went into an esso i've never been before (and didn't take off the full face helmet - just lifted the visor). Even tho its was like 2 or 3 in the afternoon, the guy was eyeing me nervously as i stood in line to pay....

I do take it off when i go into the bank lmao

Back
Top Bottom