Selling one of my airheads to finance trip | GTAMotorcycle.com

Selling one of my airheads to finance trip

Schneller

Site Supporter
I'll sell off either one, to raise the funds for my big retirement trip. 20 years from now my kids will hate me for selling it off instead of keeping it for them but I'll have experiences and memories I wouldn't have had. Selling one of them will still leave me with 2 bikes.

The reason for this thread is to talk about the relative value of things vs experiences. I love these bikes but not as much as I value the opportunity to tour the US. A 5 week long motorcycle tour is not cheap. Ideally, I would finance the trip without selling a bike, but that just isn't possible. (Kids in school, etc.) I help out my kids a lot, more so than my parents were able to help me financially, but this tour is something selfish I want to do for myself.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?176126-1981-bmw-r100-7

Last edited:
I only see one bike listed. You sell the other one?

Nothing wrong with being selfish once in a while. The fact that you've helped your kids throughout their life is great and I've also been fortunate to have very caring and helpful parents. I hope you have a great trip and great memories from it!

Let's abuse Sonny in another thread. I'd like to keep this thread positive. :D

This thread looks promising, will keep ear to ground.

Experiences are good but you can't take them with you.

Experiences are good but you can't take them with you.

Can't take things either! :)

BTW, is inreb for Berni(e) backwards?

Last edited:
Just curious do you consider the 750-4 an airhead? I have a 76 SuperSport which lots refer to as a single cam but I've only heard beemers referred to as airheads.

Good luck on the trip. 4000$ sounds reasonable if you intend to camp, especially if you rough or vagrant camp. If so pack a folding camp chair, nothing like relaxing in your chair by a fire after a days ride.

Yeah, I'm riding a cb750 this season, and have 2 older BMW's in the garage that I've ridden in previous seasons. One of them has to go so I can pay to travel.

Big win for sonny above ouch i didn't see that coming dont want to quote him lest his head explodes or puts up facebook link to cartoon cars neither of which r good.

Faster, best of luck in all your future travels. Seriously. Berni

Back
Top Bottom