Scotch anyone? | Page 25 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Scotch anyone?

I went to a tasting with the Hamilton Scotch Society, the MC was pretty comical, politically incorrect and had great stories about the whiskys . The event greatly exceeded the booze.

A tasting is the best way to see what you like and what you don’t. Can be a large event at a hall or just at a friends who has a decent selection. A few sips is all that’s needed to know if you like it or not, you don’t have a big pour of it. Only takes a few selections to narrow down what you like. I’ve done many large tasting events but started not being able to tell the difference between a good/bad/cheap scotch.

I found tastings to be a really fun events, one of the really enjoyable parts ( and also really frustrating) , the group I was invited to attend are pretty well connected to importers and distributors and have the ability to get their hands on product that doesn't easily exit in the market. You may find something you really like , only to find out you may need to know someone at the distillery in Scotland to ever see another dram.

Thankfully there are about a 1000 others to make do with in the meantime.

...although I've been drinking scotch for years I'm pretty uninitiated to all the finer points.
I enjoy the odd two finger, even with all those lessons I can only tell a cheap scotch from an expensive one by looking at the price tag.

I enjoy the odd two finger, even with all those lessons I can only tell a cheap scotch from an expensive one by looking at the price tag.
One wasn't cheap enough, or the other wasn't expensive enough.

Yeah usually one is just rougher than the other. It's basically no pleasant to drink straight and tells you "lets get ****** up mate!"

The more expensive one usually will have a smoother taste, even if youre not into the flavour profiles and all that stuff... its just a kinder experience on the taste buds and your throat

Yeah usually one is just rougher than the other. It's basically no pleasant to drink straight and tells you "lets get ****** up mate!"

The more expensive one usually will have a smoother taste, even if youre not into the flavour profiles and all that stuff... its just a kinder experience on the taste buds and your throat
I have the tastebuds of a drunken sailor. All swishes tastes goods to me. Guess I’m just lucky.

We need STB back to buy this and tell us if it was worth it. LCBO has one bottle for $85,000. It looks like Bowmore 64 in an normal bottle is less than half the money. Not sure if the nectar inside is different or it is just the worlds most expensive packaging.

Black-Bowmore-Aston-Martin-DB5.jpg

We need STB back to buy this and tell us if it was worth it. LCBO has one bottle for $85,000. It looks like Bowmore 64 in an normal bottle is less than half the money. Not sure if the nectar inside is different or it is just the worlds most expensive packaging.

Black-Bowmore-Aston-Martin-DB5.jpg

Last time the LCBO had Cask 64 in stock (1 bottle at Queen's Quay and one at Rosehill) it was $18,000 and change. IIRC, one of them was stolen. QQ, I believe.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom