S.O.A.R. 2014 Race Schedule is UP... | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

S.O.A.R. 2014 Race Schedule is UP...

Sorry I don't really know anything about the DOTs. You will get a bit more life out of the slicks. I use them till the grip starts falling off then they will tear... then they are garbage.

Sorry I don't really know anything about the DOTs. You will get a bit more life out of the slicks. I use them till the grip starts falling off then they will tear... then they are garbage.

There is a bit of crossover on compounds between slicks and DOTs as seen in this chart. The slicks just have a bit more rubber. In terms of grip, the DOTs will be perfectly fine for me (they're good for AMA pro 600's) but just won't last quite as long. I'll see what the Pro6 boys say.

Hey Jay,
Chris contacted me a month ago regarding the schedule. I gave them ours and suggested that maybe we can do something together (as done every year since 2008) this time he responded that they had been discussing ways to work together. I suggested a face to face to get this going hopefully before the season to allow time to announce/promote anything we agree to allowing time for planning. Chris suggested we meet up in Cobourg. I told him whenever he wants and I am not opposed to driving to Bellevegas. As of today thats as far as its gone.
Only reason I am posting this is to stave off the yearly assaults that we never talk........try to work together........etc and hopefully kickstart this before its too late for 2014.

3 or 4 combined rounds that result in Ontario Championships would be something to get excited about! :cool:

3 or 4 combined rounds that result in Ontario Championships would be something to get excited about! :cool:

If that's the case I'll be running nationals only. 3-4hrs of driving each way isn't worth it to me to compete at a regional level.

If that's the case I'll be running nationals only. 3-4hrs of driving each way isn't worth it to me to compete at a regional level.
Not sure if I understand. They would still retain individual SOAR and RACE Championships. If you want to do RACE and Nationals how would a point paying round or 2 at SOAR drop your enthusiasm for RACE? Only, your home club races would count towards your Club championship...of course I'm pulling this vision out of my *utt... lol

Not sure if I understand. They would still retain individual SOAR and RACE Championships. If you want to do RACE and Nationals how would a point paying round or 2 at SOAR drop your enthusiasm for RACE? Only, your home club races would count towards your Club championship...of course I'm pulling this vision out of my *utt... lol

I see I misinterpreted your post to that they would be a combined series racing at 2 tracks. This isn't the case either way but I see what you meant now even though that would be great and hopefully get guys to compete in both series to up the entries at both tracks.

I can attest that the 211s don't have quite the grip that the NTEC slicks have... and I have lots of busted parts to make my point. :( However, they are very good and provide a fair amount of warning before they drift enough to be worrisome... I have discovered that I like NTEC slicks and Supercorsa DOTs, much to my surprise as I wasn't a fan of the lack of feedback from the Pirelli slicks (maybe it's time to try them again after two years).

A word to the wise, the 211s want to be hot before you hit the track. They don't work well at all when they're not. Don't use this tire without warmers.

Haven't tried the 212s yet, I have a set ready to go on the spare wheels for the 600 this coming spring.

I can attest that the 211s don't have quite the grip that the NTEC slicks have... and I have lots of busted parts to make my point. :( However, they are very good and provide a fair amount of warning before they drift enough to be worrisome... I have discovered that I like NTEC slicks and Supercorsa DOTs, much to my surprise as I wasn't a fan of the lack of feedback from the Pirelli slicks (maybe it's time to try them again after two years).

A word to the wise, the 211s want to be hot before you hit the track. They don't work well at all when they're not. Don't use this tire without warmers.

Haven't tried the 212s yet, I have a set ready to go on the spare wheels for the 600 this coming spring.

The 2013 Diablo Superbike was a big change from 2012. A much different tire with a stiffer carcass and more feedback. At Tremblant I really had no problems adjusting to them.

I was under the impression that a 211 is the same as an NTEC slicks, minus the tread, same compound, same mold, same machine making them.

Same with the NTECs obviously

Hey Guys,
I have reached out to RACE every year since 2008 at our inception and there has never been any interest or for that matter even dialogue on their part. This is the first time that they have shown any interest. Chris and I have always have had the same interest in promoting regional racing in Ontario. However Chris is an employee and the decisions are made by the owner who as of yet has had no interest. I have many ideas and have requested a face to face and told them I will drive to them any time thats convenient but quite honestly unless something comes of this VERY quickly it will not be possible for 2014. At this point there has simply been a couple emails. Please dont speculate what is/may come because I dont even know.

I was under the impression that a 211 is the same as an NTEC slicks, minus the tread, same compound, same mold, same machine making them.

I've heard that said as well. However, if you put those two tires side by side.... just because the construction is the same technically doesn't mean that the tires have the same profiles or lean angle capability. Maybe my eyes are lying to me. :)

Hey Guys,
I have reached out to RACE every year since 2008 at our inception and there has never been any interest or for that matter even dialogue on their part. This is the first time that they have shown any interest. Chris and I have always have had the same interest in promoting regional racing in Ontario. However Chris is an employee and the decisions are made by the owner who as of yet has had no interest. I have many ideas and have requested a face to face and told them I will drive to them any time thats convenient but quite honestly unless something comes of this VERY quickly it will not be possible for 2014. At this point there has simply been a couple emails. Please dont speculate what is/may come because I dont even know.

Ken, have you tried talking to Ralph?

Key words: before they go into the mold. Are they the same mold? They definitely don't look the same regardless of tread, from a profile perspective. But again, maybe my eyes are lying to me.

Like I said earlier, 211's seem to work for AMA pro 600's. I doubt there is anyone on this forum, or even in Canada (any top running Canadians lately in the AMA?) who can push the tires as hard as they do. Yes I know there's more to pushing a bike than just the tires, I'm just saying, the tires are good.

Shaman, I had 211GPA's on my bike at the start of this year (2010 model I think). Mosport was the last day I ran them. They worked well on my bike, but I just wanted to try all different tires on my bike this year for fun. Now I'm going back to what it's set up for since I don't want to, and don't really know how to, change the setup to work with other tires. haha...

I like the GPAs. FWIW. I intend to try some Supercorsas out mid next year as I have a small stock of D211s left (600 was out of commish for a while). The 212s are apparently a better tire all 'round. I'm not really complaining about them but I can say that I did not feel that they were as good as NTEC slicks when riding my two bikes back to back... them being very different bikes notwithstanding, I found I could not run the slicks out of lean angle (and I have chamfered pegs and lower fairing scrapes to prove it) but could with the 211s. And did. :(

Different bikes. Marketing talk. Dissimilar compounds. Who really knows? You have to run DOTS in SOAR AFAIK so, does it matter?

Like I said earlier, 211's seem to work for AMA pro 600's. I doubt there is anyone on this forum, or even in Canada (any top running Canadians lately in the AMA?) who can push the tires as hard as they do. Yes I know there's more to pushing a bike than just the tires, I'm just saying, the tires are good.

Shaman, I had 211GPA's on my bike at the start of this year (2010 model I think). Mosport was the last day I ran them. They worked well on my bike, but I just wanted to try all different tires on my bike this year for fun. Now I'm going back to what it's set up for since I don't want to, and don't really know how to, change the setup to work with other tires. haha...

Ama pro 600 use them because that's the rules. Could they go faster on a better tire? Probably.

But yeah you make a good point

You can run any tire you want.

Having not read the SOAR rule book... is that true of the pro, AM classes? By bike weight? Or in general?

Back
Top Bottom