Running.. ugghh | Page 15 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Running.. ugghh

Are you going to do the Scotia 5k? I'm really looking forward to getting back into it too and if I'm in town I will run the 5k.
Not doing the Scotia 5k, too expensive. I wish there were more local 5ks you could enter without all the bells and whistles for around $20. I don't need the bag full of samples, I don't need water, I don't need the tshirt, I just need an accurate course and other runners. I don't even need timing, I can bring my own watch :).

Congrats to your girlfriend. IMs and marathons are way too long for me :)

Not doing the Scotia 5k, too expensive. I wish there were more local 5ks you could enter without all the bells and whistles for around $20. I don't need the bag full of samples, I don't need water, I don't need the tshirt, I just need an accurate course and other runners. I don't even need timing, I can bring my own watch :).

Take a quick drive or ride down the QE to Hamilton. Only $25 reg for the 5k, and it all goes to a great cause in support of our Hamilton General Hospital.

Free food and entertainment after.

I just might see you there!

http://www.hamiltonhealth.ca/strides/

Funny this just popped up again...
I'm doing 10km for the terry fox run in the morning... Only I didn't know I was doing it until a couple hours ago, and I haven't been running much due to constant leg injuries this summer, one that I'm still not really healed from that I've been hiding... yessssss

Sigh, I only enjoy running in the warmer months and early in the morning before the sun gets too hot. I live very close to the high park area so I prefer going there as with all the trees it's just fresh....so I love it..No...I don't think I ever will. But I try to focus on how I feel afterwards

BTW anyone want to do a hot yoga class with me??

Femme

P.S. Good for you on dropping 25lbs!!!

Why do i do it!? If it weren't for the results i would never do it.

When i got my new 1-piece suit in April i couldn't even zip it up let alone with the back protector in too. It took me 5 weeks to drop the weight to get it done up with the back protector, maybe 25lbs? Just running 5 times a week either 5 or 8km and saying goodbye to my good friend carbs. I managed to do my first ever 10km run in 59 minutes around the middle of June.

It was all going to plan until i broke my collar bone, i wasnt really able to do much physically for about a month and the leathers were pretty tight so i had to put my running shoes back on. I've been back at the running for a few weeks now and just did my 2nd 10km run today in 57 minutes. I don't think im getting off the couch for the rest of the night! Ugghh!!

One thing is for sure, if it wasnt for my mp3 player running would be impossible!

Anyone else run even though they hate it?? lol

Take a quick drive or ride down the QE to Hamilton. Only $25 reg for the 5k, and it all goes to a great cause in support of our Hamilton General Hospital. Free food and entertainment after. I just might see you there! http://www.hamiltonhealth.ca/strides/
Thanks, that sounds more reasonable. Not sure I'll have the time to do it this year, but I'll keep that one on my list.

Did 10.2k today in 49min plus some change. Some guy did it in 36min!
Cant be too disappointed with my time, it's been over a year since I ran over 8k, and the last time I used distance running in my training was a long time ago.

Better yet, CFB petawawa raised over $10,000 for Terry Fox today!

I'm down for hot yoga...been meaning to do it for a while. Although I doubt I'll lose 25 pounds in the process :p

PM me if you're serious

Time for a bump.

Anyone back at it this year? I'm thinking about signing up for the Mississauga 1/2 marathon this spring and perhaps a 10k.

Ran the Around the Bay 30k this past weekend - beautiful day and perfect for a long run.

A friend ask me to do 10k. I'm really lazy now. I wont run 10k unless I train

I have been running for about 3 years now, I hated it but am starting to come around a little more. I have run everyday for the past 45 days. 3 of the days are structured through my triathlon plan but the others are normally just 20-30 minutes. I am still fairly heavy on my feet but I am getting better and my speed has been coming up to being able to comfortably hold a 4:20 pace for 10 minutes. I am signed up for the 5peaks 12km offroad run at hardwood hills, will do an oly triathlon and I want to do an xterra style tri as well.

Speaking about cheap races, mec has their series. I think each store puts on about five races per season, they usually have a 5/10/something longer. Couple guys at work are thinking of doing this one. You can't really go wrong for $15. I wish I found out about this sooner. Hopefully they'll continue with this next year.

^^ looks like a nice run and good luck with the 1/2.

I ran the ATB 30k in March and then the Mississauga 1/2 in May and have not run a minute since.
Tonight I'll try to go for a 30minute run and then slowly get back into it as the weather gets cooler. I miss it and am getting out of shape!

Last edited:
So I finally had some time this year to train. Started up in March/April from basically zero, building up my training volume. I was hoping to have some good training second half of summer/early fall. Had a six week set back in June (pulled hamstring) due to too much fast running. Then was able to build up the volume starting in July had three solid months of running with two races (mid Oct and early Nov). The goals were to get back into my 2010 shape (1:28 half). I actually surpassed my expectations and hit my spring goals already, so now time to set some new goals.

I posted earlier about the MEC burlington races. I took part in the Oct 19 race. The races are (as mentioned) cheap ($15), low key, not crowded (this one had about 50 people in each race). The location (confederation park in hamilton) was nice and I would recommend this race to anyone. Well organized and no lineups for anything (due to small size).

Going to take a few weeks to recharge and start the prep for next season with some more ambitious goals (sub 18 5k, sub 1:22 half).

Thought I'd bump this thread since the season is starting right about now. Also MEC burlington has a trail race next weekend if anyone is interested 5/9/12k for $15, $20 on race day. See you guys on the roads and trails this season.

Thought I'd bump this thread since the season is starting right about now. Also MEC burlington has a trail race next weekend if anyone is interested 5/9/12k for $15, $20 on race day. See you guys on the roads and trails this season.

Yes running season is here! I've been doing 5k runs before work in the mornings since early March once the roads cleared up.

I'm just about to head out for an 8km run this morning.

In March, I ran the Chilly Half Marathon and Around the Bay 30k. Looking forward to getting some new running shoes - mine must have a few thousand km's on them - it's like running in my socks.

Why do i do it!? If it weren't for the results i would never do it.

When i got my new 1-piece suit in April i couldn't even zip it up let alone with the back protector in too. It took me 5 weeks to drop the weight to get it done up with the back protector, maybe 25lbs? Just running 5 times a week either 5 or 8km and saying goodbye to my good friend carbs. I managed to do my first ever 10km run in 59 minutes around the middle of June.

It was all going to plan until i broke my collar bone, i wasnt really able to do much physically for about a month and the leathers were pretty tight so i had to put my running shoes back on. I've been back at the running for a few weeks now and just did my 2nd 10km run today in 57 minutes. I don't think im getting off the couch for the rest of the night! Ugghh!!

One thing is for sure, if it wasnt for my mp3 player running would be impossible!

Anyone else run even though they hate it?? lol

i'm gonna try an easier route like cycling. :p

i'm gonna try an easier route like cycling. :p

How did I miss this thread? I haven't run since my 20's. Listened to my body. I truly believed any gains in fitness would be negated by joint and knee problems. Now at 55 I'm sure I made the right decision. Non technical cycling up the rail trail is the bomb for fitness. By diet alone I dropped 30lbs but am up 5lbs holding steady over the winter.

Back
Top Bottom