Rubber Nob? Help! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rubber Nob? Help!

WestBrantKid

Site Supporter
There should be a rubber nob on my exhaust that prevents the center stand from rattling against it. It's gone missing.
I don't now what is called so I used the best resource I know of to identify it, Partzilla. Unfortunately, as you can see on the attached screenshot, they failed to list it.
Does anyone know what is called, the part number, or where I can get a replacement? TIA

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240305_195734_Chrome.png
    Screenshot_20240305_195734_Chrome.png
    516.7 KB · Views: 34
It's only there to stop the rattling so you could fake that part in numerous ways. Any hank of rubber ziptied in place should stop the rattle. Or maybe a slit piece of rad or fuel line wrapped around the c stand where they come together would work as well.

There should be a rubber nob on my exhaust that prevents the center stand from rattling against it. It's gone missing.
I don't now what is called so I used the best resource I know of to identify it, Partzilla. Unfortunately, as you can see on the attached screenshot, they failed to list it.
Does anyone know what is called, the part number, or where I can get a replacement? TIA
sure it's not welded on or something? I'd say its part of Assembly 6 in this picture.

It's only there to stop the rattling so you could fake that part in numerous ways. Any hank of rubber ziptied in place should stop the rattle. Or maybe a slit piece of rad or fuel line wrapped around the c stand where they come together would work as well.
Thanks, but unfortunately my OCD won't allow it. LOL
I'll take your advice, though, until I can get the proper piece.

It will be a rubber slug with a tapered rubber nub that gets pushed thru / into a hole in the muffler bracket. Pretty sure my method(s) will work.

sure it's not welded on or something? I'd say its part of Assembly 6 in this picture.
No, it's definitely a rubber nob. There's a hole that it plugs into. I took it off last spring when I was swapping exhaust, but I must not have had it in tight.

No, it's definitely a rubber nob. There's a hole that it plugs into. I took it off last spring when I was swapping exhaust, but I must not have had it in tight.
ah

Part ordered! Thanks for the help.

Shipping cost was 3x the part's price, but I couldn't find it on Canadian online stores.

Part ordered! Thanks for the help.

Shipping cost was 3x the part's price, but I couldn't find it on Canadian online stores.

Consider using something like Shippsy.com next time. Partzilla wanted something like $60 to ship my last purchase, but shipped anywhere in the USA for free. Had it sent to my Shippsy USA address and it cost me something like $10 instead for them to bring it across, clear it, etc etc.

Try looking at the parts fiche for different models and years.
Rubber parts like that are usually used for many products to reduce costs.

Back
Top Bottom