Royal Enfield queries | GTAMotorcycle.com

Royal Enfield queries

parthpatel

Hello Everyone

I have some questions related to Royal Enfield

Question
1. what is the top speed on Royal Enfield Classic 350?
2. what to do if chain is loose and make noise? Have a fit a garage or service station or wait till next service?
3.how to come over the problem of cold start?
4. what is the tyre pressure of Royal Enfield Bikes?
5. I have RE Classic 350, How can i check fuel in tank?

Pls anyone help me.

I am waiting best answer of this questions.

Parth Patel.

1. Not sure but might push 130km/h or so (from that era 100km was quite the achievement)
2. Get the chain tighten accordingly (failure in delaying this process may result in it braking and loss of control)
3. It has a choke (it should not give you any issues)
4. This i am not sure
5. Open the gas cap and wiggle a little or get a tank measuring stick (http://www.dipsticksengineering.co.uk/dipsticks) or do it by KM

1. getting past 120km is a challenge
2.get the chain adjusted, its not complicated at all
3. they are all hard to start when cold, make sure the plugs are good and clean and if you are actually in Ahmedabad, make sure your getting good gas
4. its printed on the sidewall of the tire
5. you should get about 35km per liter, do some arthimetic when you fillup

Page 7 of the manual has the manufacture's recommended tire pressure settings.

It's a carbureted vehicle. The tank should have a fuel shut off with reserve. Use the trip odometer, fill up. Go until it sputters, switch to reserve. Gas up. See how much fuel you used and how far you went. Typically get 5L per 100 km or better. So I would say you could go 200 kms safely with a 13.5 tank.

Use the choke/enrichner to start. Sometimes helps to give the throttle a twist once before pressing the start button.

Sometimes it helps them keep the choke/enrichner out while cold and ride for a couple of blocks and then push it in once the engine warms up a bit.

Edit: as for top speed, it's not known for being very fast. I would say they are comfortable in the 80-100 km/h range but after that, you are asking a lot from it.

Can it go faster? Yes. Do you want to and do you have the patience and endurance to try? Some will.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
if it goes over 100km/h theres a good chance the nuts/bolts/screws will shake loose, but your in india so your used to doing crazy ****

I know there used to be a very good RE forum on the web run out of the USA. They had a lot of members with the old iron barrel motors on there and would be a great resource. Can't remember the name now, but if you go on the USA RE site I'm sure there is a link.

My friend's RE500 got issue with chain loose too...
A rule about RE, perhaps tell your friend about it - Always carry 2-3 chain links and sprockets when you ride :)

Now, back to the original thread:
If you're still in India I don't think you'd want to do it yourself. You might as well get a RE mechanic to look at that and get the things fixed. Having said that, I am a firm proponent of DIY (Do it yourself). So, either watch him do it the first time or use a manual that the guys above have mentioned.

1. In my experience, you can take it to 110 easy. Above that depends on the stretch of the road and the condition of the bike. My tops on TBTS 350 was 133 kmph (and it was crying at that speed)

2. Check the lag and tighten it/or get it tightened. If it is a recurring issue, check wheel balancing and ask the mechanic to ensure that the tire alignment is proper

3. It depends on the area your live in. Also, depends on how you park the bike. In Indian environment (especially in winters), I would fill an engine oil of a lower temperature rating. Normally, I'd fill 20w50. However, in winter months I'd go down to 10w50 or 5w50 depending on where I am riding. 10 for MP, Gujarat, UP and northern states winters, 5 for the Himalayan summers - Leh/Ladakh/Spiti
Now, the way you park is important too since the temperature fluctuation is a bit too much (along with the dew that goes on the bike). Always cover the bike using a water resistant cover. Also, if it doesn't start in the 1st/2nd kick, pull the choke for 2-3 seconds, release the choke and retry.

4. I'd fill only Nitrogen in the tyres (We got Nitrogen heavy air pumps in Mumbai but I'm not sure about Gujarat). It is better IMO (not proven though) since Nitrogen air shows less expansion/contraction than the air mixture. I'd go with 22 front and 32 back. If you go with the air mixture keep it the same in summer, but in the winter months I'd do 23 front and 33 back.

5. Shake it like you mean it....Haha. That's a classic RE story eh... You get a reserve indicator (a reserve petcock...tell a bike parts store and they'll give you the right one). So, once you hit reserve, you know you need gas/petrol.

Ride safe and if you want to cruise on that Bullet ride it around 80-95 and you should be just fine :)

Have fun...ride safe

Last edited:
4. I'd fill only Nitrogen in the tyres (We got Nitrogen heavy air pumps in Mumbai but I'm not sure about Gujarat). It is better IMO (not proven though) since Nitrogen air shows less expansion/contraction than the air mixture. I'd go with 22 front and 32 back. If you go with the air mixture keep it the same in summer, but in the winter months I'd do 23 front and 33 back.

Regular air -- the atmosphere -- is already 78% nitrogen. :)

Whenever I see someone post from an international location I like to Google it to learn more about where they are, where in their country their city is located etc. About 50kms west of the city is a "Wild *** Sanctuary" and it's real. That's an awesome name and very cool.

When ever someone posts from a foreign location......well, if a Russian posts in Canada to ask generic technical questions about Urals I'd wonder if he was banned from all Russian m/c forums. This thread has international incident written all over it.

[/COLOR]Regular air -- the atmosphere -- is already 78% nitrogen. :)

Yup, I agree. In the beginning when it was introduced, I was super skeptical of it. I tried once and I "felt" the rides got smoother and the tire pressure stayed intact for a much longer time - I remember visiting pumps once in 1.5/2 months. It could be placebo or whatever...But, with riding, I'd say whatever makes you feel good right

Last edited:
Nitrogen is not a placebo but in daily use such as commuting or leisure driving/riding, you will not notice any difference.
It is technology that came from racing and aircraft.
It will slow down the corrosion process of your wheels and it will hold pressure a bit better but if you have to pay to fill with nitrogen then I'd say that the cost outweighs the benefits.

Also keep in mind that it is virtually impossible to fill your tires with 100% nitrogen, at best you're getting 95%.

Back
Top Bottom