Riding goggles vs sunglasses | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riding goggles vs sunglasses

bigpoppa

Hey all,
Im trying to decide which option to go with for days where I want to ride with visor up (because I want to keep cool or want better visibility during cold rainy days)

I have full-face shoei non adv helmet, so wondering if those adv/snowmobile style goggles would even fit inside the helmet somehow?

Thanks in advance!

Hey all,
Im trying to decide which option to go with for days where I want to ride with visor up (because I want to keep cool or want better visibility during cold rainy days)

I have full-face shoei non adv helmet, so wondering if those adv/snowmobile style goggles would even fit inside the helmet somehow?

Thanks in advance!
I just wear sunglasses. I don't think a normal full face helmet will fit goggles (and I would find them annoying).

Just for fun I grabbed a full-face street helmet and some dirt bike goggles to check. The goggles couldn't fit through the visor hole in that test. Complete fail for that combination. Other helmets/goggles may cooperate better but I have my doubts it would work well with any street helmet.

Last edited:
Just get sunglasses or tinted safety glasses. I would consider non polarized if you have digital gauges etc.
You won't have much luck picking up random chicks at the bus stops with goggles under your visor...

Hey all,

Thanks in advance!
Get a helmet with drop down sun visors?

I’ve always worn a full face helmet, but ride with the visor up a lot.
I wear Guard Dogs sunglasses. They fit snug around the eyes and cheeks as they are purpose-built for power sports. They did come with removable foam backing which would make them even more snug fitting like goggles, but I’ve never used them.
They’re excellent build quality and have a guarantee against the frame breaking.
Oh. And the lenses are swappable.
It’s an excellent product that I first discovered at Americade many years ago.
Highly recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

I'm a half helmet guy so things are different. I've always had the goggle-style prescription sunglasses with the little foam seals on the face-side on the last few bikes as I had a lot more wind in my face, but they were nearing end of life from many miles (sunblock had eaten away much of the gasket, and they were quite scratched, including an annoying gouge on the left lens RIGHT in my direct field of vision, of course), but on the new bike I've found the wind management so much better that I've been riding quite happily with just my regular transitions eyeglasses which go black when outside.

I do have a full face for bad weather however, and the goggle style glasses just weren't comfortable at all with it. I just use my regular eyeglasses.

A bit of a spin off but a video pointed out that driving with Glass glasses had the risk of eye damage / blindness in a crash. Not using appropriate eye glasses however, increases the chances of a crash. Can't win.

A bit of a spin off but a video pointed out that driving with Glass glasses had the risk of eye damage / blindness in a crash. Not using appropriate eye glasses however, increases the chances of a crash. Can't win.

Almost all eyeglasses are not real glass anymore, they're plastic lenses.

I wear a Schuberth C3 Pro with a retractable tinted sun visor.
The regular shield is kept in my saddle bag unless it rains or below freezing.
I wear proscription tinted "glasses" (plastic lens)
A little sun screen will keep you from looking like a racoon after those bright sunny days.

Hey all,

Thanks in advance!
The snow/MX goggles restrict field of vision and are generally used on machines that run relatively slow.

I’d look into a good pair of rider glasses. There are lots with foam seals that keep dust out, they have way better peripheral vision, are cooler to wear and a lot more comfortable.

You can also get them with prescriptions if needed.

Back
Top Bottom