Riding Down Under - Tropical Cairns Australia | Page 75 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riding Down Under - Tropical Cairns Australia

You guys are bad....I am intermittently catheter free and I must admit I have a bit of trouble adjusting ...just being able to roll over to the other side of the bed without "adjusting" is a treat.

brrr 19 this morning…will wait a bit on riding

On the road again....cheap lunch ,,,double cheeseburger, chips and a diet coke 1712892401608.png
That's all in

Last edited:
Windy but lovely ....finally the rain is gone....some 10" later...wet season fading but not letting go ⛈️
Screen Shot 2024-04-17 at Apr, 17    2024    3.28.14 AM.jpg
Of course there are dr appointments but hopefully a ride earlier. 🍿

Maybe today...
Hearing aids working the charm ...they charge pretty fast 26% to 83 in less than an hour.- still not proficient at putting them in but it will come.
Noraly off adventuring in the wilder parts of Madagascar
Screen Shot 2024-04-18 at Apr, 18    2024    6.20.10 AM.jpgNothing like a lateen sail rigged ship for elegance

Flash back for me to the 70s in Sierra Leone ....you get outside the town and go back 4,000 years.

Last edited:
I hope it was quick.
would be a horror if it was not. There is no cell service so epirb might have saved him. :oops:
Two days laying dying in the outback .....nightmare. :eek:

Last edited:
Bout time I'm riding again.

Gorgeous day - went further than I expected up around the Rex and having a mexican snack at Mount Molloy. All home made - odd isolated spot for a Mexican family to settle - 3 generations I think.
1713750055710.png

Will couple hundred k by the time I get home - no rush it's only noon.

Still hungry
1713756092738.png
and the dog gets some chips and the roll comes home.
Not sure on these "hot rod" things.
KFC-Hot-Rods-1.jpg

Lightly spiced strips of chicken on a stick and I like dark meat.
Glad I had my water bottle with me....just spicy enough to like a drink.

Last edited:
I finally switched my phone from Canada so I can access the App only deals.
gonna be a problem when my Ozempic runs out in a few weeks :(
Can't beat that $4.95 box deal for lunch ...keeps my meager pension funds flowing.
200 km+ ride cost me $8-10in fuel and $5 for lunch. That's okay a couple times a week.
Now you made me hungry and I haven't had my Ozempic shot yet :eek:
DEAL: KFC $10 Hot & Crispy Boneless Bucket (Cairns Only) | frugal feeds

Last edited:
Anzac Day down under and the weather in Cairns is gorgeous. Most businesses are closed at least for half the day.
Up way too late watching Travellers and the dog decided to wake me up at 7.30 for reasons yet to be explained.
1714012438540.jpeg
Went back to sleep and woke at noon very refreshed, no dog ( play date) and partner house sitting for the kids with the dog in tow. Very peaceful 28C with sun and light winds. I should ride and might but also enjoying the day on my own.

Hearing Aids were tolerable to excellent yesterday tho some of the high frequency sharp sounds were annoying.....as if the microphones were reaching out for ambient sounds, increasing volume and then I get hit with a sharp transient ( think china on a stone surface, cutlery on a plate. ).
One of the programs is Autosense that controls the settings as the ambient noise changes and generally it works well but then under quiet circumstances seems to have trouble with sudden sounds.
It also brings sounds like crickets etc in closer and then that's when the sharp sounds intrude sometimes close to painful level.
Watching media the HAs certainly improves speech clarity in the media.
Streaming to them is hopeless from the TV - from the computer in a quiet background the streaming into the HAs have very good fidelity when I use a high end music source.
crumb_head_explode.jpg
So plan still remains to try the $800 solution arriving next week under similar conditions since I have the privacy afforded by partners house sitting to compare outcomes.
IF I decide on the Phonak then will return the rechargeable ones for battery version of the same model ( not much savings - maybe none ) and call it a day.
I may also decide to drop to a lesser Phonak model but in the same product line.....not sure I can get the white box version of the lower end so that is a factor narrowing the financial decision to stay with the more sophisticated HAs....if I go that route.

Completely stuffed with steak fajitas at the Bowls Club. Waddled home.
Enjoyed the walk there and back listening to audiobook on the HAs. Just partner and I tonight so easy conversation with the HAs in holding the noise at bay and letting me understand her far better.
Streaming Franklin on AppleTV+ through the HAs and impressed with the sound quality.
Nearfield the BT connection is rock solid.

Skunked by rain today. Thinking down the road. I'd love to have an electric mcycle like the Zero Marc has been riding in from Berlin to New Zealand - power with silence. But $40k here so never going to be feasible here.
The CB300F is getting up there in mileage as am I.
I'd ride this
1714135853313.png
This company is Australian and making the scooters here.
This is almost getting there ....needs to be half the price and a bit more range and top speed. I'm used to a big scoot so a Burgman 400 size in an electric with a 200 km range would suit me fine.
I like the warranty they offer, are legal for motorcycle riders in Queensland and certainly fine for my local errands but not for the longer rides tho I could charge when having lunch.
Screen Shot 2024-04-26 at Apr, 26    2024    6.56.29 PM.jpg
The battery is removable as well allowing upgrades down the road.
Now China is a factor as well. Impressed with this article.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom