Riders Plus | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riders Plus

Just got off the phone and was told CAA has taken over Echelon insurance.

Anyway good news is it’s only going up 55 bucks and not the crazy 400 the first idiot that was to lazy to do the leg work on the policy quoted me

If anything I would suggest going the distance when companies try to screw you over

$1550 for my 2020 Africa Twin full coverage 2011 KLR650 has liability only

Last edited:
Our renewal is coming up in a few weeks. Between having 6 vehicles on our policy right now, removing one soon when the Vulcan sells, and having added the new Yammy, plus our house being mixed into the monthly payment just for good measure, having colission on some vehicles and not on others, and having increased accident benefits on all the MC's but not the cars, it's hard to make heads or tails out of our rates anymore. I'll have to go look at the per-vehicle breakdowns year over year when it comes in I guess.

Anyway good news is it’s only going up 55 bucks and not the crazy 400 the first idiot that was to lazy to do the leg work on the policy quoted me
I'm worried now lol

I'm worried now lol
As i recall all companies were authorized to give a 20% policy bump last year, could be we see some of that increase in renewals this season.

Just to clarify you called CAA for moto insurance?

Yay.... The insurance dance...... All my auto/home stuff went through the roof...
I hate that you have to shop everything every year. Insurance, phones, internet.......
I know they do it because most just sign it off... but FFS.

Just to clarify you called CAA for moto insurance?
Nope, I phoned Riders plus. They are the broker and they use echelon as one of the insurance companies. Which riders plus told me CAA bought out echelon

CAA Club Group has agreed to buy non-standard auto insurer Echelon Insurance for $175 million, the companies said Friday. The deal will allow CAA Insurance to reach new markets and customers, CAA Club Group president Jay Woo wrote in an email to Canadian Underwriter.Nov

Yay.... The insurance dance...... All my auto/home stuff went through the roof...
I hate that you have to shop everything every year. Insurance, phones, internet.......
I know they do it because most just sign it off... but FFS.
Yep, we moved Nov 30, 2023. Our rates went up.
Renewal is coming up, our rates went up again.

Started the game of shopping around only way to see significant savings was to basically reduce our coverage or raise our deductible.

So, we gave up..... Save a bit this year only to spend it next year.
The insurance game is rigged...

Home + Auto + Bike are up by ~ 12.5%.
Am planning on staying put (with Matt from The BIG, he is a site supporter), Matt is pretty responsive and am sure that the rates from "others" will not vary a lot.
(Banks, Insurance Cos and Politicians, all have their hands in our collective pockets!)

I was excited when my "new" motorcycle only increased my insurance by $3/month.
This is all very depressing. My renewal isn't until the fall but I guess I should anticipate similar :(

Back
Top Bottom