Riders choice | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riders choice

bigpoppa

A friend of a friend recommended them, used them for a bunch of service stuff, and recently bought a track suit and a back protector, and somehow surprisingly ended up being UNDER budget...

They got a million suits you can try out, from all different brands, and really good prices

They also run track days, so you can also get good advice from them as well

They also have a dyno in the back(I think) so presumably you can also get your bike flashed/tuned there?

great shop, highly recommend

It is a strange shop. When you are dealing with John (owner) or his son, it is a great experience.
The rest of the staff seems to take offence when customers walk in the door.
I try to give them business as I like the idea of having a decent brick and mortar store close by, but sometimes it does not seem worth it.

As an example. I went in last week looking for a base layer, I always look around to see if I can find stuff myself, I couldn't.
I asked at the desk and got a "I don't know, if we do it would be over there some where."
It was not busy at the time.

As an example. I went in last week looking for a base layer, I always look around to see if I can find stuff myself, I couldn't.
I asked at the desk and got a "I don't know, if we do it would be over there some where."
Sadly, that sounds like 99% of retail store these days.

It is a strange shop. When you are dealing with John (owner) or his son, it is a great experience.
I try to give them business as I like the idea of having a decent brick and mortar store close by, but sometimes it does not seem worth it.

John is (IMHO) bi-polar. If you catch him on a good day, terrific - if not, then watch out. Matt (his son) is terrific, the rest of the staff - meh.

Sadly, that sounds like 99% of retail store these days.

Think this is why GP stands out and has become such a success. Don't think I have ever had a negative experience buying stuff from them.

buy em on fortnine

I dealt with an older guy, who was very helpful, also spoke to the owner who was a great guy, but some of them are basically high school kids who seem a bit aloof

Think this is why GP stands out and has become such a success. Don't think I have ever had a negative experience buying stuff from them.
Gp seems to be having an identity crisis, they sell 10 brands of motorcycles now, they’re expanding and have construction going on, and have a little bit of everything, but don’t seem to specialize in anything.

Was unimpressed with their gear selection.

Riders had so much stuff in one small space it was great, also didn’t have to go to Whitby…

Gp seems to be having an identity crisis, they sell 10 brands of motorcycles now, they’re expanding and have construction going on, and have a little bit of everything, but don’t seem to specialize in anything.

Riders had so much stuff in one small space it was great, also didn’t have to go to Whitby…
Riders floor selection compared to GP was...well obvious.

I'll keep going to GP just for the space and options. They also provide a discount to instructors/first responders, not sure if Riders does.

I have noticed since the pandemic that GP Bikes' Dainese section (which is probably about the same size as the entire Rider's Choice showroom) has very few pieces in stock. Meanwhile, Rider's Choice is pretty well known to be a stuffed closet.

Riders floor selection compared to GP was...well obvious.

I'll keep going to GP just for the space and options. They also provide a discount to instructors/first responders, not sure if Riders does.

Rider's has the "if you don't ask, you don't know" policy. Literally - there's no price tags on anything, which still irks me to this day. But even after getting a price from them, if you're talking to Matt or John, there's still some wheeling and dealing that can be had.

I have noticed since the pandemic that GP Bikes' Dainese section (which is probably about the same size as the entire Rider's Choice showroom) has very few pieces in stock. Meanwhile, Rider's Choice is pretty well known to be a stuffed closet.
and yet i found my current jacket at GP after going to Riders first because i was in the area...I didn't even see one in stock at Riders!

I haven't bought a bike from them though have spoken to their sales guys a couple times in the past with good experiences.

Was referring more to their gear selection and staff. Usually there is always someone on hand to help if I need it and they leave me alone if I don't. Pricing and selection has always been good for me.

I haven't bought a bike from them though have spoken to their sales guys a couple times in the past with good experiences.

Was referring more to their gear selection and staff. Usually there is always someone on hand to help if I need it and they leave me alone if I don't. Pricing and selection has always been good for me.

How is GP for sales team turnover?
I know it’s part and parcel with that type of gig, but it’s seems to be a tad high if my experiences are anything to go by.

Retail is always a mixed bag. Pay minimum wage to kids? You get what you pay for. Pay a decent wage, hire people passionate about what they sell, and provide proper training, you get a great in-store experience.

I was told the extension is to host BMW and Mv so expect two more brands in house.

Back
Top Bottom