Rev matching... still can't get it right :( | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rev matching... still can't get it right :(

Auto blippers, quick shifters, DCTs. No thanks to all of them. They'd completely spoil motorcycling for me.

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread.

via Tapatalk

This...

Im just getting used to ABS, traction control and Power modes

Atleast they make sense from a safety Pov

If i want a bike which is that 'easy/comfy', i'd just go and get a Goldwing or a harley glide

This...

Im just getting used to ABS, traction control and Power modes

Atleast they make sense from a safety Pov

If i want a bike which is that 'easy/comfy', i'd just go and get a Goldwing or a harley glide

Safety pov lol, sell the bike buy a volvo.

Rev matching, once you 'get it', is incredibly satisfying, if not addictive. I'm definitely in the "it's part of the fun of riding a motorcycle" camp.

Safety pov lol, sell the bike buy a volvo.
For the record i have None of those, but certainly see the value in them

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Practice will yield result. Everyone has different ways of learning. Find what works for you. It will come in time with practice

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I thought this ****** just came naturally to everyone as you started to ride? Then again, there's a lot of people these days that can't drive a car with standard transmission either - go figure.

im newer to riding and the concept of blipping the throttle was so odd to me i simply couldnt get my head around it. After getting my bike I tried a little rev and it just worked simple as that

i guess like poeple are saying just dont think to hard about it and just do it.

I learned on a sport bike you can easily learn on anything else.
Good luck man

Yeah, I thought this ****** just came naturally to everyone as you started to ride? Then again, there's a lot of people these days that can't drive a car with standard transmission either - go figure.

The rev mismatch seems to occur naturally. Still can't figure out why people select first gear from neutral pre-flight as they blip the throttle or gas as some seem to insist. Where's a SJW when you really need one?:(

The rev mismatch seems to occur naturally. Still can't figure out why people select first gear from neutral pre-flight as they blip the throttle or gas as some seem to insist. Where's a SJW when you really need one?:(

safe space!

A few tips picked up from various people/sources over the years..
1. pull brake lever with pads of your index/middle finger--allows you to blip the throttle without accidently jerking the brake lever, smooooth
2. if you’re not braking, aka, just dumping down a few gears for a long pull, “slowing down a tidge”, dab your rear brake for anyone behind you. I’ve ****** off people before when rev-match-downshifting in the middle of long corners on group rides, I ride at the back/shotgun now. They don’t expect it, because they can’t do it smoothly.
3. “Preload” by putting a bit of pressure on your shifter—will shift effortlessly the moment you pull the clutch past the slack and through the bite point. Similar to clutchless shifting.

It’s all about the timing
Personally, I don’t dump more than 1 gear so that I get the “joy” of doing the process a few more times. Obviously this is not a 600/liter bike, and I get a lot more practice using more gears.

Yep, always tap the rear brake anytime your going to slow down without the use of brakes, just to give people a heads up.

3. “Preload” by putting a bit of pressure on your shifter—will shift effortlessly the moment you pull the clutch past the slack and through the bite point. Similar to clutchless shifting.

I don't know if this is sound advice for new riders, this could lead to perpetually slipping the clutch and prematurely wearing it out

I don't know if this is sound advice for new riders, this could lead to perpetually slipping the clutch and prematurely wearing it out

I think you need to re-read MSRP's post. If they don't understand "a bit" they could mess up something like shifter forks, but I don't see how it could do anything to the clutch.

1. pull brake lever with pads of your index/middle finger--allows you to blip the throttle without accidently jerking the brake lever, smooooth
2. if you’re not braking, aka, just dumping down a few gears for a long pull, “slowing down a tidge”, dab your rear brake for anyone behind you. I’ve ****** off people before when rev-match-downshifting in the middle of long corners on group rides, I ride at the back/shotgun now. They don’t expect it, because they can’t do it smoothly.

It’s all about the timing
Personally, I don’t dump more than 1 gear so that I get the “joy” of doing the process a few more times. Obviously this is not a 600/liter bike, and I get a lot more practice using more gears.

Bad habits.
If you're using the brake, use 4 fingers, this gives you far more control. If you're not braking, keep your hands off the brake. "Covering" the brake or the clutch is a bad idea.
Never downshift in a corner
NEVER, EVER, EVER preload the shifter.NEVER.

... and if you have to "blip" the throttle to down shift: You're doing it wrong.
Blipping is pretty much what rev matching is.

And use two fingers on the brake. This allows you to blip and brake at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

And has the additional advantage of being able to hold on at the same time as braking.
Yes, it also adds a little stability if **** gets hairy.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom