Recommend me a bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recommend me a bike

Onagoth

Looking at getting back into motorcycling....I've been out of it for a few years since my insurance was high, but now it seems to be ok.

I'm looking for a sport touring type bike, something with lots of performance but comfortable to ride on a 1 hour commute to work.

I was thinking of the street triple R...should I be considering anything else?

My last bike was an R6 which got to be fairly uncomfortable after riding for more than 45 mins.

Looking at getting back into motorcycling....I've been out of it for a few years since my insurance was high, but now it seems to be ok.

I'm looking for a sport touring type bike, something with lots of performance but comfortable to ride on a 1 hour commute to work.

I was thinking of the street triple R...should I be considering anything else?

My last bike was an R6 which got to be fairly uncomfortable after riding for more than 45 mins.

TLDR

Hayabusa

Fz1.

I think The Ducati Multistrada and the BMW S1000XR are great commuter/touring bikes with loads of performance. Upright seating position for comfort, loads of power, options for luggage, great electronics for ride modes in all conditions.

CBR300R ticks all the boxes. Additionally great fuel mileage and ease of maintenance. If you want to go better than 110 km/h regularly maybe look elsewhere but in Canada it's illegal to do that anyway. Forgot to mention, easy on tires.

If you don't mind the looks, FJ-09. If you don't mind the lack of windshield, FZ-09 or FZ-07.

#yamahashill

What kind of commute? Highway?

You can buy Ninja 650s for cheap, or Fz06, which are still better than the cheaper FZs.

Only you can determine what is comfortable and perform as you need.

Folks have crossed the country on 600 SS.

Ymmv.

I'm sure you have a couple of bikes you fine interesting.

Most bikes can be modified to make them suit your need. Suspend and control are way enough. Just depends on budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fz09 - Cheap, very comfortable upright position and a great engine.... Did I mention cheap?,
looking at getting back into motorcycling....i've been out of it for a few years since my insurance was high, but now it seems to be ok.

I was thinking of the street triple r...should i be considering anything else?

My last bike was an r6 which got to be fairly uncomfortable after riding for more than 45 mins.

VFR's are great bikes, but this new design for the vfr 800 is probably the most boring bike I have ever seen. Instantly forgettable. The old styling was really nice, sharp looking.

old

new

I think the new vfr is ten times gooder looking than the old one. The best ones were the early ones anyways :agave:

cbr500 perhaps? A friend of mine bought one this year and is loving it. If anything over 600 is expensive I'd be sitting down if you get a quote for the street triple r.

Back
Top Bottom