Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 98 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

I'm hearing a lot of bad things about other peoples kids. We're doomed. I have other bad news but this isn't the place for it.

Intersteller - A solid watch and pretty entertaining. It's a watch once and forget type imo.

Nightcrawler - Terrible. I hate everything this guys been in for the last few years. I made it half-way and then skimmed the rest to see how it ended.

St Vincent - 6.5/10 and an ok watch but you're not missing much if you don't get around to seeing it.

Mocking Jay - The worst of this series so far but still a pretty decent film (if you've enjoyed the others).

Whiplash - An excellent movie. Recommended.

Different strokes for different folks -- I agree with Interstellar (although I have a number of issues with it if you think too deeply), but I really liked Nightcrawler and Mocking Jay. Arguably I went into the latter thinking it was going to be yet another rehash of the first one, and it turned out to be anything but (good cold war vibe and use of the old main characters as nothing but pawns).

Nightcrawler was a great movie and Jake did an amazing job portraying the sociopath main character. It was just creepy and disturbing. Bravo!

Nifhtcrawler was solid. I really liked it. St. Vincent was not bad. Kinda expected a straight comedy but it was a bit of a drama. Interstellar was overrated. It was a nice visual spectacle with an interesting plot but definitely not quite as deep as it was made out to be.

Whiplash was amazing and I can totally relate to it seeing as I tried and still try to be the best at something. It explains that drive for being the best better than anything I've ever read or seen (clearly something people here don't understand judging by one of the posts about why I lift in the tinder thread....).

Also one movie I will recommend is Little Death. It's a movie about sexual fetishes and it's hilarious although at times its actually kind of sad and even romantic in some parts. Probably much better than that other movie about fetishes that everyone is talking about.

That was a bad idea. Lasted 10 minutes. I cannot believe parents let their children act like that in public.

My bad for going on a holiday. Looked like it may be a good flick

Thats why i go to the late late show... last time i went to a matinee had to deal with some kid who couldn't touch the floor but could reach the back of my seat. Had to threaten her with my crutches, actually I just had to turn around and her mom was on her like a piranha on a chunk of bleeding meat....

Mazerunner - Pretty good movie that keeps you wondering.

Mr. Nobody - It was ok. A little too ambitious and a little too long if you ask me. But I enjoyed day dreaming throughout the movie as it gives you plenty to think about if you're into theoretical physics or pop philosophy. As a story I didn't care too much about any of the characters except for the 9 year old boy. The execution of the film reminded me of Vanilla Sky which turned me off a bit.

If you read the book, youll realize Mazerunner the movie is ****. Then again so is the book series. I so regret reading that drivel.

Kingsman was pretty entertaining.

It's from the same guy that brought you Kick-*** (the first one).

Overall it's a fun movie, some pretty cool action scenes, with a touch of humour. More blood and violence than you think, and that's a good thing. This is NOT a kids movie.

Mr. Nobody - It was ok. A little too ambitious and a little too long if you ask me. But I enjoyed day dreaming throughout the movie as it gives you plenty to think about if you're into theoretical physics or pop philosophy. As a story I didn't care too much about any of the characters except for the 9 year old boy. The execution of the film reminded me of Vanilla Sky which turned me off a bit.
This movie wasn't bad. Pretty much agree. Good, not great. I think the whole movie is supposed to be basically him seeing the future, or all the possible futures at 9 years old. Or that's my interpretation anyways.

It was OK. I found it kind of predictable. Kept wondering why they didn't just build a big *** ladder and climb to the top.

It's always the same old cliche with these books/movies. Good looking white guy shows up and figures out stuff that no one else could for 3 years. He also of course gets the girl and is kind to the awkward fat kid cause he's such a nice guy. queue teenage girls swooning...... Yes, predictable as hell and all the characters are one dimensional but than again, it's a book/movie for teens so what should we expect? It was still somewhat entertaining. 6/10

I just watched PK after English subs finally came out.

It's another great Aamir Khan movie with tasteful humor. Would def recommend.

If you are new to Bollywood, don't be like (the old) me and have prejudice. They can be very good.

It's always the same old cliche with these books/movies. Good looking white guy shows up and figures out stuff that no one else could for 3 years. He also of course gets the girl and is kind to the awkward fat kid cause he's such a nice guy. queue teenage girls swooning...... Yes, predictable as hell and all the characters are one dimensional but than again, it's a book/movie for teens so what should we expect? It was still somewhat entertaining. 6/10
Agreed. The girl was pretty much a knock off Kristen Stewart.

Just saw it. Definitely recommend.

If you are new to Bollywood, don't be like (the old) me and have prejudice. They can be very good.

I gave it a try (my first bollywood film) but I only made it about 45min and had to turn it off. Made me laugh a few times but otherwise it was only Anushka's nice rack that kept me watching.

Back
Top Bottom