Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 85 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

Recently I rewatched The Matrix. And it is literally like a fine wine - it keeps getting better over time. It's amazing all of the obvious philosophical references I missed the first couple times I watched it (specifically the obvious Socrates - Oracle reference ). Then again I never watched it as seriously as I did now.

I watched 1000 ways to die in the west. It was a pretty decent movie but the story kinda dragged on after a while.

For anyone who is interested in a great watch. Check out "Another Earth" it's an Indie film but it's great

Recently I rewatched The Matrix. And it is literally like a fine wine - it keeps getting better over time. It's amazing all of the obvious philosophical references I missed the first couple times I watched it (specifically the obvious Socrates - Oracle reference ). Then again I never watched it as seriously as I did now.

I cannot watch Matrix with the same awe as I did before Reloaded and Revolutions came out.

You like them better?

No. They were ok movies though. The part of the latter 2 movies I really enjoyed was the conversation between Neo and the Architect.

The way the storyline in the 2nd and 3rd movies evolved though ruined the 1st movie for me.

No. They were ok movies though. The part of the latter 2 movies I really enjoyed was the conversation between Neo and the Architect.

The way the storyline in the 2nd and 3rd movies evolved though ruined the 1st movie for me.
Very interesting I always thought the general consensus was most people didn't like the second or third one.

I haven't watched them in a while to make a judgement

Very interesting I always thought the general consensus was most people didn't like the second or third one.

I haven't watched them in a while to make a judgement

Well, they probably didn't like them in relative terms. To me the original matrix was a solid 9 out of 10 movie. The latter two were like 6 or 7 out of 10. I was disappointed in how the storyline evolved.

The original Matrix movie was the perfect movie. The two sequels were just going back to the well for profits. I really didn't enjoy them.

The original Matrix movie was the perfect movie. The two sequels were just going back to the well for profits. I really didn't enjoy them.

Amen... I still regret the money I paid for me and the chick I was dating at the time to go and watch that crap.

For anyone who is interested in a great watch. Check out "Another Earth" it's an Indie film but it's great

I saw that movie a while back and really loved that movie. Sad story, with an interesting sci fi twist to it, though it is kind of a small background plot. Really great watch.

I saw that movie a while back and really loved that movie. Sad story, with an interesting sci fi twist to it, though it is kind of a small background plot. Really great watch.
I agree it was a great movie. For an indie film, the plot was fantastic. You just don't see that kind of story from some of the movies out there with ridiculous budgets.

Saw a few recently:

Gone Girl - Didn't go into it knowing much about the story but had decent expectations. It didn't wow me but it was a good story and wortha watch. Every first date should go to this movie ;) 7/10

This is where I leave you - Good cast, good story, lots of laughs. I enjoyed it. 8/10

Lucy - A good idea but poorly written. The story is lame and Scarlett's emotionless face doesn't help. It's a short movie but still too long. Not worth wasting time on. 5/10

Tinker Tailer Soldier Spy.
Pretty good spy movie.

Awaiting to watch Gone Girl with the fiancée this week.

Awaiting to watch Gone Girl with the fiancée this week.
You won't want to get married after you see it. I actually saw glimpses of my crazy ex in the main character of this movie.

Walk among the Tombstones

It's a nice Geri-action flick with Liam Neeson being....Liam Neeson. Wouldn't go out of my way to watch it in a theatre, but worth a rental for sure.

+1 for Coherence.
Loved how the social flick turned into a creepy thriller at the end.

Transsiberian.
This one scored 91% at RottenTomatoes. Amazing cast. Spectacular images. Believable story. Would watch it again.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom