Real Vacations | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Real Vacations

Kids clubs: Code brown. ;):p:LOL::ROFLMAO:
It's funny now. It wasn't then. The pager the cruise ship gave us malfunctioned. We came back from a cozy dinner to a crew angry we didn't answer their page, my seven year old niece had to change one of the twins who had just finished toilet training, he was so happy. Anyways, we got it sorted and there were no more code browns.

My wife and I vacation together quite a lot, and sometimes alone. My wife used to be bad for overpacking but now is becoming more minimalist after more than a few cruises where it became very clear that she brought home half the clothing she packed unused.

Myself? I went to Vegas in December for 6 days with only what I could fit in my "personal item" bag. A second pair of shorts, a fresh pair of underwear for each day, several clean T-Shirts, and my deodorant, toothbrush, razor, etc. Did laundry at the hotel once and that was that. I've gone on week long solo motorcycle trips with about the same - a lot of clothing (undies aside) are perfectly reusable beyond a single day unless it's hot as balls sweaty weather.

We pack for the trip at hand , on the boat down south you live in swim shorts all year , set of foul weather clothes because it will happen , and two T shirt , take turns swimming in them. On a cruise ship , you’ll need a suit , a sports jacket and casual clothes . On a motorcycle trip I take a clean tshirt and pants for days end and a Visa card . But going into an adventure trip where you’ll see 6 differnt weather patterns in a week ( Labrador coast) I’d rather be looking at the gloves I didn’t need than looking for the gloves I didn’t bring .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

I love travelling with my wife. We have odd tastes and enjoy just seeing the mundane parts of how others live that would probably be boring to others. We have fun wherever we go whether it's a glorious beach or a dilapidated factory somewhere.

The bike is just for me though.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

We have odd tastes and enjoy just seeing the mundane parts of how others live that would probably be boring to others

Same here. We're the people who go off the beaten paths to see things most others don't.

When we're traveling with our camper we're insanely nomadic and just go wherever the wind takes us. It's the RV equivalent of a fun motorcycle trip for me.

Some of the most fun things we have seen have been almost by accident . A hotel employee or local restaurant persons says “ have you seen xxy while you’re in town?” Nope , wasn’t even on the radar , and then it was fun.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

I’d rather be looking at the gloves I didn’t need than looking for the gloves I didn’t bring .
(y)
Left Toronto for Lake Superior loop in June ...was 30 and heading up....hit the corner of Superior going west on the North shore- solid fog and 9C...did I EVER regret not having my winter gloves. Been a while since I'd been that cold. Parked my hands on the motor for a bit.

Had a few weather surprises in June including finding out you can't put wet hands in Gortex gloves in a snowstorm in Glacier Park....🤪
28 the next day in BC

Protip for my fellas, stop living life in rain mode :)

rain mode = A muted and dull existence, where you never really get to live, sure you inhale oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide so technically alive, but you never take chances, step outside your comfort zone or party with some wild muchachos in CDMX, you live a life bereft of passion, you never meet beautiful women, you need permission to buy bikes with your own money etc etc

All while the sand in hour glass slips away, never to return.

Put life into track mode, turn off antiwheelie and let it rip!!!

1713743983506.png

I’ve travelled solo , I’m pretty bored . The cute girls all want drinks and $200 .
Can you do that cheaper travelling with a wife?

rain mode = A muted and dull existence, where you never really get to live, sure you inhale oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide so technically alive, but you never take chances, step outside your comfort zone or party with some wild muchachos in CDMX, you live a life bereft of passion, you never meet beautiful women, you need permission to buy bikes with your own money etc etc

View attachment 67328
Could be confused with a mid life crisis....
Wanting to relive your youth is not the same as being young....
From what you post, sounds like you already have a pretty good life...
BTW rain mode is a good option to have for rainy days...

Could be confused with a mid life crisis....
Wanting to relive your youth is not the same as being young....
From what you post, sounds like you already have a pretty good life...
BTW rain mode is a good option to have for rainy days...
Mid-Life awakening, not crisis.

View attachment 67328

I like that attitude, and lived like a young bull when I was between 20-40. As time goes by, the need and desire to spend all your time on the firey edge tempers. These days I might cancel a ride if the day was rainy... perhaps exchanging the ride for a walk to enjoy the rain day colors and scents.

When I hear young folks talking about living life on the edge, the old old story of two bulls looking at meadow full of cows comes to mind. The excitable young bull sees a new experience and shouts "lets run down to the meadow and *&^ one!" The older, wiser bull says "how about we walk down to the meadow, that way we can &^% them all."

Another protip for my fellas, avoid nurses/healthcare workers.

More red flags than a Chinese embassy.

View attachment 67328
Nice pic!

Speaking of which… almost time for another GTAM long ride on twisty roads.

Who’s up to ride the twisties down to deals gap this summer?

Nice pic!

Speaking of which… almost time for another GTAM long ride on twisty roads.

Who’s up to ride the twisties down to deals gap this summer?
When are you thinking?

When are you thinking?
If all goes according to plan - late July to early August would be nice. The fall colours rides down there in early October are pretty sweet too.

Protip for my fellas, stop living life in rain mode :)
Stop riding bikes with nanny state electronics and you won't have to worry about turning it off.

As for travelling with the Squeeze to conserve valuable space on bike trips she's good with sharing the same deodorant stick. You don't always get that kind of commitment. (And I smell flower fresh)

Back
Top Bottom