Rc 390! | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rc 390!

So what am I missing why is the cup bike so much more. At the show the guys in the booth said the RC390 was $5999, What am i getting for $6k more on the cup bike. I am thinking you can buy a lot of suspension bits for $6000 let alone what you can recoup from selling the street stuff off of a regular one. Is there something I am not understanding?

So what am I missing why is the cup bike so much more. At the show the guys in the booth said the RC390 was $5999, What am i getting for $6k more on the cup bike. I am thinking you can buy a lot of suspension bits for $6000 let alone what you can recoup from selling the street stuff off of a regular one. Is there something I am not understanding?

Google BSB or Motoamerica RC Cup and they give you a list of changes. As for the price of those parts, I have only seen the KTM BSB part list and prices and it's not far off.

I did check it out, I am thinking that the price is inflated due to the fact that you are expected to run it in the cup series and all of the bikes have to be run and tuned on a dyno to the same specs. I think the price is in part to reflect the maintenance that would be included in the series since the engines are sealed and only the techs from the race organizations can work on them. In light of all of that my guess is a crashed RC390 would be the best way to get one of these on the track for cheap. Also the street version has about 10% more horsepower then the cup version. Since I am much older then 21 there is no way I am going to be competing in the RC cup lol ! Not to mention those kids would probably run circles around me :)

Any service on the sealed engine is a pay as you go. Its not included in the price. The race parents can change oil/filter themselves but any service must be performed by the named party and paid for.

It's definitely not a bike that you should consider as a "cheap" track bike. One crash on the right side could result in a painful purchase of the new Akrapovic that you can only source from KTM.

The cup bike is actually HP restricted.
Sorry KTM, but six grand for an Indian built single is way off.

$14,662.50 for a 38 hp single?

How much is the Honda CBR250 series track bike?

Especially since Indian sites report many issues in this design, that will be addressed in future models.

http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/motor...uality-issues-updates-test-mule-spied-110601/

Corroding shocks
bending foot controls
wheel locking on downshift
stalling
overheating -they are changing the exhaust location.

KTM Canada still hasn't updated their website from last year. I was enthusiastic after seeing the bike last month, but the more I read, the more I realize KTM is still not up to Japanese brands on street bikes.

Have these bikes landed Canada?

I have seen adverts in the latest Canada Cycle ... I think it was Ready in Missis. ... But I have not really gone there or called. I noticed the show price of 5999+fees somehow have gone to 6600+fees ..... Not sure whether this is exchange rate or Ready trying to settle at 5999 after negotiating.

The cup bike is actually HP restricted.
Sorry KTM, but six grand for an Indian built single is way off.

$14,662.50 for a 38 hp single?

How much is the Honda CBR250 series track bike?

Especially since Indian sites report many issues in this design, that will be addressed in future models.

http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/motor...uality-issues-updates-test-mule-spied-110601/

Corroding shocks
bending foot controls
wheel locking on downshift
stalling
overheating -they are changing the exhaust location.

KTM Canada still hasn't updated their website from last year. I was enthusiastic after seeing the bike last month, but the more I read, the more I realize KTM is still not up to Japanese brands on street bikes.

A bit late to the negative party .... Happened 6 pages ago. Don't waste your posts on it. People like you will never buy one, people like me we always consider one for many reason, other than that it is an expensive single. This line is getting looong in tooth ....

A bit late to the negative party .... Happened 6 pages ago. Don't waste your posts on it. People like you will never buy one, people like me we always consider one for many reason, other than that it is an expensive single. This line is getting looong in tooth ....

I like the bike design, but a single built with Indian labor is the cheapest possible way to make a bike, especially with a modular engine used on other models.

Yamaha, Kawasaki and Honda also makes bikes in the South Asia region, but the price reflects this.

So have you been out on your RC390 yet?

They run 110 front and 150 rear.

QUOTE=daught;2291835]What width is the rear tire?[/QUOTE]

Wtf. Nothing with a tire under 180 is worth over $5K.

Classic GTAM.

52-kent_gp_0293_1.big.jpg

Back
Top Bottom