racing set up advice | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

racing set up advice

I wouldn't call it fun. You get used to it after a while. It's better now that Racer5 does their own thing. Less 250s and the ones that are there have some fast guys on them.

It is completely separate now. Was last year too.

You still had to watch out for guest endurance racers on little green bikes.

Another possibility is renting a trailer to have at the race track.

I normally rent mine out and would offer it but I have conflicts with CSBK for the first two SOAR rounds.

I'm intrigued - you mean just leave a trailer at the track for the season so you don't have to huddle in a tent? I like that idea a lot. I don't really have the space or tow vehicle to drag an enclosed trailer back and forth, so keeping it at the track would be nice.

I'm intrigued - you mean just leave a trailer at the track for the season so you don't have to huddle in a tent? I like that idea a lot. I don't really have the space or tow vehicle to drag an enclosed trailer back and forth, so keeping it at the track would be nice.

I live about 40 mins from the track so i deliver it for people who have rented it.

Couple of years ago we explored the possibility of buying one of the left over trailers at grand bend and basically keeping it there for the entire year. We found a trailer for 500 and it was going to cost us 400 to keep it there for the year, we end up not going through with it but that is a good option.

I normally rent mine out and would offer it but I have conflicts with CSBK for the first two SOAR rounds.

PM sent

Couple of years ago we explored the possibility of buying one of the left over trailers at grand bend and basically keeping it there for the entire year. We found a trailer for 500 and it was going to cost us 400 to keep it there for the year, we end up not going through with it but that is a good option.

What type of trailers are available for $500??

Sounds like a steal considering motel rental per round is roughly $200+tax.

What type of trailers are available for $500??

Sounds like a steal considering motel rental per round is roughly $200+tax.

lol well they are not luxury latest model trailers, but all we needed was a place to sleep. There aren't available per say but if you speak to the track owner, they once in a while have abandoned trailers left on their property.

lol well they are not luxury latest model trailers, but all we needed was a place to sleep. There aren't available per say but if you speak to the track owner, they once in a while have abandoned trailers left on their property.

So no granite tops and in ground pool?

So no granite tops and in ground pool?
There might be a pool but not for a good reason :)

Just kidding, some racer friends have got one and they seem happy with it. They parked it on the pits area and leave most of their stuff there, life is easy when you already setup and haven't left your home yet I assume

Last edited:

You would think they would be clearing all those old trailers out of there before the nationals... no?

You mean the ones closer to the actual track? I don't know, I have never been close to a trailer on any of my excursions to the in or outfield but who knows.
You would think they would be clearing all those old trailers out of there before the nationals... no?

You mean the ones closer to the actual track? I don't know, I have never been close to a trailer on any of my excursions to the in or outfield but who knows.

Not many people hit walls on straights but **** happens. It's impossible to predict every outcome but if the object is on wheels it damn well better be moved. I'll bring my tow strap just incase.

"**** happens" says the guy who has had the fastest crash i have ever been in attendance for and went into a wall on a straight away. BUT STILL WALKED AWAY!! still amazing.

I wouldn't call it fun. You get used to it after a while. It's better now that Racer5 does their own thing. Less 250s and the ones that are there have some fast guys on them.

It is completely separate now. Was last year too.

does racer 5 let licenced racers with a 250 enter their stand alone endurance races? or do you need to be part of their racer 5 school? and are 250 ninjas allowed to run with the cbr250's?

please pardon the hijack.

EDIT - went to racer 5 website, looks to be for racer 5 school only. too bad.

Last edited:
"**** happens" says the guy who has had the fastest crash i have ever been in attendance for and went into a wall on a straight away. BUT STILL WALKED AWAY!! still amazing.

Lol well it was **** and it did happen. Don't remember hitting the wall at all and I feel it was probably more of a graze.

Back
Top Bottom