Quitting for 5 years, anyone do this before? | Page 11 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Quitting for 5 years, anyone do this before?

Don't know if I said it already or not, but I couldn't be lived with without a bike. Learned that, won't do it again.

Meeneether. You know those dooshebags you see taking up space all summer? In the 1980's I was a 1970's version of that. Took a furlough to clean up my act. Never be without a bike again.

ps an agreeable gf sure seems suspicious to me:cool:

Married with a newborn and new house and my wife is adamant on keeping all 3 of my bikes. I'm extremely lucky. Now the challenge will be putting enough miles on them.

Married with a newborn and new house and my wife is adamant on keeping all 3 of my bikes. I'm extremely lucky. Now the challenge will be putting enough miles on them.
I hardly rode last year when I had my son, almost went bananas.

When folks come up to my bike, I always ask them if they ride. (It`s not all about me and the bike) When they say, "They used too" I respond back by saying, "I know your priorities changed and you have a Family" The answer is always, "Your right"
However, on this site some of you have amazing Wives/Husbands/Partners.
Happy for you. :)

When folks come up to my bike, I always ask them if they ride. (It`s not all about me and the bike) When they say, "They used too" I respond back by saying, "I know your priorities changed and you have a Family" The answer is always, "Your right"
However, on this site some of you have amazing Wives/Husbands/Partners.
Happy for you. :)

No, but a lot of it should be. Stranger approaches you, feigns interest in your bike just to get the party started. Then bends your ear about his glory years. Tell me that hasn't happened a thousand times.

No, but a lot of it should be. Stranger approaches you, feigns interest in your bike just to get the party started. Then bends your ear about his glory years. Tell me that hasn't happened a thousand times.

You are so right. Plus the stories about how they used to ride, then continue to tell me/us morbid stories about how their friends died, survived, etc.
I have seen quite a few nasty accidents, don`t need to boast to anybody, it`s personal.
Reminded me of a bloke that was chatting, then tried to get on the bike. He was fairly big, Oaf like. Pushed him and gave him Sheet. Should have seen the look on his face. Don`t care how big you are. You never touch another man`s bike. Respect.

You are so right. Plus the stories about how they used to ride, then continue to tell me/us morbid stories about how their friends died, survived, etc.
I have seen quite a few nasty accidents, don`t need to boast to anybody, it`s personal.
Reminded me of a bloke that was chatting, then tried to get on the bike. He was fairly big, Oaf like. Pushed him and gave him Sheet. Should have seen the look on his face. Don`t care how big you are. You never touch another man`s bike. Respect.

LOL, I've done a bit of that. Now I hold myself to a higher standard because I know how dooshy it is. Of course I now expect everybody else to meet that higher standard. Personal growth is not without it's challenges.

LOL, I've done a bit of that. Now I hold myself to a higher standard because I know how dooshy it is. Of course I now expect everybody else to meet that higher standard. Personal growth is not without it's challenges.

At 5`6" No personal growth for me. I`m done. Lol.

I've had this happen many times...I just wait for their story to end, pull my shirt slightly to the left, and they give me an oh **** face seeing the huge scar across my clavicle lol

A riding injury and scars subforum? Capital idea. I nominate Inreb as moderator.

[video=youtube;U1vDjZmb4lE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1vDjZmb4lE[/video]

bragging rights...
....don't know any chicks that dig scars.

油井緋色;2487712 said:
I've had this happen many times...I just wait for their story to end, pull my shirt slightly to the left, and they give me an oh **** face seeing the huge scar across my clavicle lol

lmao...seriously? ..... I'm sure everyone here is impressed. Please do tell the story, so that all those guys and gals at the track that day can be reminded of the long shutdown cause someone couldn't get a ride to the hospital.

lmao...seriously? ..... I'm sure everyone here is impressed. Please do tell the story, so that all those guys and gals at the track that day can be reminded of the long shutdown cause someone couldn't get a ride to the hospital.

Wasn't really trying to impress anyone but sure, I'll bite.

I've apologized numerous times, both to Fawaz and others irl, and on this board, for ruining the track day as I had no idea taking the ambulance would result in a shut down. However, I'm also well aware now that my clavicle break was not typical. To recap, upon shattering the said bone, I began uncontrollably hyperventilating along with being unable to stand due to extreme pain. I don't give a **** if you or anyone else's clavicle break didn't hurt because:

• Every fracture is different
  • I felt nothing when I fractured my skull, which resulted in a code blue at the hospital (I stopped breathing, went into a coma, completely different incident)
You weren't the one that had to go through rehab after, a year of riding in fear due to hallucinations while turning right, or a 90% drop in strength.

So please, if you're trying to make me feel guilty for accepting medical response in a sport with a high possibility of getting hurt, after I genuinely apologized to others, kindly **** off. I am getting really ****ing tired of still feeling guilty for a choice I made 2 years ago, which was justified given the circumstances.

Might want to take a lesson on empathy too.

Last edited:
油井緋色;2488126 said:
Wasn't really trying to impress anyone but sure, I'll bite.

I've apologized numerous times, both to Fawaz and others irl, and on this board, for ruining the track day as I had no idea taking the ambulance would result in a shut down. However, I'm also well aware now that my clavicle break was not typical. To recap, upon shattering the said bone, I began uncontrollably hyperventilating along with being unable to stand due to extreme pain. I don't give a **** if you or anyone else's clavicle break didn't hurt because:

• Every fracture is different
  • I felt nothing when I fractured my skull, which resulted in a code blue at the hospital (I stopped breathing, went into a coma, completely different incident)
You weren't the one that had to go through rehab after, a year of riding in fear due to hallucinations while turning right, or a 90% drop in strength.

So please, if you're trying to make me feel guilty for accepting medical response in a sport with a high possibility of getting hurt, after I apologized to others and genuinely, kindly **** off.

Might want to take a lesson on empathy too.

Dude you were the one that brought it up.....I've had a few mishaps at the track myself, but I don't advertise it to total strangers to try and make myself look like a badass.

Dude you were the one that brought it up.....I've had a few mishaps at the track myself, but I don't advertise it to total strangers to try and make myself look like a badass.

I was seriously not trying to impress anyone by typing it here. I'm aware most track day junkies and racers have multiple scars or fractured bones. The point was, if someone irl is gonna tell me how dangerous motorcycling is...I'd rather just show the scar so they shut up. I'm not quitting!

Apologies if my response was on the harsh side; some other members on this board have left me feeling extremely salty about that event.

油井緋色;2488129 said:
I was seriously not trying to impress anyone by typing it here. I'm aware most track day junkies and racers have multiple scars or fractured bones. The point was, if someone irl is gonna tell me how dangerous motorcycling is...I'd rather just show the scar so they shut up. I'm not quitting!

Apologies if my response was on the harsh side; some other members on this board have left me feeling extremely salty about that event.

no apology necessary....ride safe and stay out of the weeds

Back
Top Bottom