Quit our jobs, sold our home and everything in it, gone riding... | Page 129 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Quit our jobs, sold our home and everything in it, gone riding...

Also, while I'm at it, Canada, say the following words for me, please:

"Kilogram", meaning 1000 grams of mass
"Kiloliter", meaning 1000 liters of volume
"Kiloparsec", meaning 1000 parsecs of distance
"Kilohertz", meaning the count of 1000 of something per unit second of time
"Kilojoule", meaning 1000 joules of energy
"Kilobyte", meaning 1000 bytes of data
"kilo", the prefix to mean 1000 of ANYTHING
"Kilometer" <-------------------------------------------------------------------- :mad:

Now go sit in the corner and think about what you've done.

Last edited:
naw...zee anything sounds weird to me. Except for catching some zees or Zee Zee Top...mostly cause they are 'merican in origin.

znncbt.jpg

will never be a zee-twenty-eight to me.

Grew up on the quebec border. Not quite lucky enough to be east coast either. More pronunciation funs der boi

I call it "Toronto", as it is written, enunciating the ts like a pro -- except when I'm crossing into the USA because I don't want trouble from the US border guards. Then I need to sound like the rest of the illiterate hicks that infest this city lest I be singled out as something else.

Updated from http://www.RideDOT.com/rtw/350.html

map350-L.jpg

After meeting the group of English riders at Tynemouth, we are following their suggestions and doubling back at Alnwick, heading towards the interior to ride up into Scotland that way.

DSCN1024-L.jpg

But first we stop at a pub in Rothbury for some fuel for the road...

DSCN1021-XL.jpg

Bangers and mash! OMG, so good! And yet so bad for you...

Can't remember the last time we have eaten so badly and felt so guiltily doing so... After we leave the UK, we're going to have to go on a diet. Nothing but fruits and vegetables and water.

DSCN1038-L.jpg

Just as we are about to cross the border, we spy an interesting sight along the side of the road. We have to investigate!

So I knew Scotland was separate from England, but I was unclear whether or not it was actually a separate country. Pretty shameful not knowing that, isn't it? A quick Google search confirms that it is. Yet, it is still considered part of the United Kingdom and Scotland is now threatening to leave the UK because of the Brexit vote. If that happens, they're going to have to police this entire border across the middle of the island.

The road that we're on crosses the border at a spot called Carter Bar, which was the site of a huge battle between Scotland and England. Right at the border there's a huge stone with Scotland carved on one side and England on the other.

twitter-L.jpg

Naturally, I'm on the English side and Neda is ahead of me on the Scottish side

DSCN1043-L.jpg

Riding through some Scottish towns

Back
Top Bottom